Will Vegas be your last GNR concert?

Will Vegas be your last GNR concert?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

48 minutes ago, LoadedNightraiN said:

I call BS bro. You drive to see Dizzy Reed play bathrooms, and bumble sell hot sauce. You'll go no matter the line up

LOL. True,but those shows were peanuts in comparison to the cost of tix/travel to Vegas. If Dizzy wants to reward me for being a top 5 fan of Hookers and Blow and will comp my tickets/backstage party passes (tm)then I may squeeze in a few more GNR shows than I had originally intended over the next year.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'll see them as many times as I can because they're my favorite band.

If there was a Black Sabbath and a GNR gig on the same day, which one you would go to? 

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

For more than two decades, Guns N' Roses stopped existing.  Fans around the globe have been waiting for Slash to perform with Axl again since then.  They both made us believe that it wouldn't happen.  That it was impossible.  0% chances of that ever happening.

Yet, it is happening.

The only thing that matters now, is how good Axl sounds.  At least to me.  I will not give Axl Rose a penny from my pocket if he's still a lazy, unprofessional musician.  If he sounds good, though, I'm ready to follow them wherever they perform.

that's how 95% of the fans feel who saw the band from '87-'91

I hope Vegas won't be the last show(s). I don't know how far I'll be able to travel to see them if they announce more dates but at the very least I'd still do Vancouver/Seattle. Plus, I saw the last line-up 7 times, am seeing the current line-up at least twice, and I can't leave my total at 9 shows, gotta round it up to 10 :lol:

These Vegas shows are all about the line-up though. They could play 50% covers as long as everyone sounds good. If they keep going next year, I can't imagine they don't put out some kind of new material; be it a re-issued greatest hits with an additional new song or two, or debuting songs live, or whatever.

I'm hoping to see at least 2 more shows if there's a summer tour. I live near KC now, so if they come here it's a definite. I'd also like to travel to another city to see another. But, a lot will depend on changing up the set list often. If it's same old same old again, 2 will be enough. (I think it will vary a lot more now)...

Denver would be awesome!!! Legal weed! :P

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, the UK is not Europe, like UKers always have the need to point out :-p ;-) But if I rember correctly, 2010 was standing... I almost went to that one, but decided against it, because standing was sold out... and then Duff showed up. Damn it.

Either they come this year, for a couple of shows or they come next year. It's out of the question that they are not coming. Mark my words.

UK is Europe... unless they opt out in June. 

o2 venue probably has 8-10000 standing and another couple of thousand seated (maybe 3-50000) if it's anything like the o2 (3 arena) Dublin.

I am so worried there will be no new music, and there will be tour, break, tour, break, tour, break, etc. I think the only reason no new music is because Axl cant pull it off.

I also worry that Axl's weak vocals are going to be exposed on a huge scale over the next two months. I really hope that that is not the case, because hearing a great sounding Axl in Vegas would leave me satisfied. 2006-2010 is great. Any shooting star once-off performance after those years was really just okay. 

That's the deal - if at Vegas he sounds like he has since 2011 and doesn't improve tremendously, I'm out for sure. Vegas is going to give me Axl, Slash, and Duff on the same stage (hopefully more OGs, who really knows for sure...). That would be a good send off for this fan if news reports are true - that there are no news reports...

*shrug* As amazing as it would be to see ASD onstage together again, it will likely be the same situation it's always been for me. If they are in town and I can afford a ticket I will go to the show. If not, c'est la vie. I can't go into debt or travel for them.

Edited by stella

Well, since I saw them 3 times in the 90's, I think I will see them on this tour once (assuming they come to my region of the country) and call it good.  Only thing that would get me out there again, after this, is if the original 5 come to town someday.

Honestly yes. These Vegas shows will be a culmination of the last 20+ years.  Even if it's not the original 5 it's kinda like closure. I almost didn't want to attend these shows. I had my fill of GnR in concert over the years from 1993 - 2010 but these shows are kind of "historical". Like I said it's the culmination of  following the band for the last 2 and half decades.  baring new music and them coming to a town near me(which is impossible) I'm 99% sure these Vegas shows will be my last GnR shows.