Will Vegas be your last GNR concert?

Will Vegas be your last GNR concert?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vegas will make my 9th GNR concert.  7 of those have been one form or another of new GNR, only 2 with most of the original members.  I  am really looking forward to it and am willing to travel from Michigan for it.  If a real tour follows again I plan on seeing them when they come to a town close to me.  I think at that point I will be done unless new music follows then I will reconsider.  As of now, in looking at this as possibly my last couple of live GNR concerts. 

I'm not COMMITTING them to be my last shows, but they are probably the last for a while for me. If they announce a tour, I obviously want to go to my local gig (I live in the NY/NJ area and there's no way they don't play there), but if its stadiums that really lessens my interest, and if its high ticket prices that reduces my interest even further. My whole reason for paying a premium for Vegas is they are ARENA shows, supposedly as expensive as we heard they'd be, and on top of that they are the first shows back. I'm basically paying $1000 for two shows, when my initial plan was to set aside $1000 for this whole "reunion" and see 3 shows, having great seats for each and not having much travel to handle paying for. If that now gets changed to 2 shows for the same price, in arenas, for a much more memorable show, that might be what it is.

I'd still try to look for cheap tickets to a stadium, but I won't be spending top dollar again on this tour. Maybe I'll cave and spend $100 for a stadium, but even that seems like a lot. Vegas seems like the culmination of a lot, and what would tide me over for awhile. If they do an Appetite tour next year, or ever get a full original lineup, I'd like to see that show. But I don't ever see me traveling to see them again, and I think this will be the sole time I spend over $100 or so to see them live. But thats just my opinion on this day lol. Maybe I'll turn around. But I can pretty confidently say I'm paying for this to actually be my GNR paradise for the year, with no other shows on the horizon.

I can't choose based on the options given. I saw gnr in Chicago in 92 and Vegas at one of the residencies. Saw slash several times. Enjoyed all of them for what they were. 

If they are close, I'm going for sure. If I have to travel, it's going to be Chicago, vegas, or something like that where I have other things I can do.  Axl burned me once, so I choose more wisely now. 

13 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Not if you listen to UKers, as they can never say, European tour, they always have to say UK + European tour, like the UK is not part of Europe.

Ah I see! 

Well, I guess there's a bit of British empire snobbery at play there.

For me the only time I get sniffy is when it's a UK tour and Ireland is listed. Ireland is not part of the UK, but many shows come through with that notion... Given the history it's a bit of an oversight (I'm not a mentaller nationalist or anything like that :) ).

Anyway, as far as me going to more guns shows! as long as the performances are good, there's fresh material (either new or rarely heard), and they don't over charge past the point that I can't afford the cost: I'll continue going to their shows.