2012 Electric Factory

proud10

Check the downloads forum. There was a great one on YouTube for a while that I can't find, but all of that guy's videos got posted together in a .zip file at a point that you might be able to find.

That night was one of the greatest shows I have ever seen, by any band, ever. Ask anyone else who was there - @The Real McCoy, @Aggressive Perfector, @GNRSkidRow1 etc. will back me up. Axl was absolutely on his game that night without a doubt, one of the few true bright spots of the last several years.

My favorite picture I took that night:

416937_2947635567281_47246834_n.jpg?oh=1

Edited by axlslash
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IndiannaRose said:

I was there that night. Axl's vocals were absolutely brilliant. I remember distinctly taking note of it during the show. He just blew me away. Also, Bumblefoot was noticeably in pain yet he persevered through. 

There was a stretch from You're Crazy through his solo when he wasn't even on stage, then came back and literally had to stop mid-solo to just yell in pain. That dude was tough as fuckin' nails that night, playing through and still hanging out with fans after the show. 

Is there video of Better still out there? The entire show was unreal, but the bridge on Better was among the peaks. A good rendition of it is a rare find since 2010, and that night it was dead on balls accurate. 

15 minutes ago, axlslash said:

There was a stretch from You're Crazy through his solo when he wasn't even on stage, then came back and literally had to stop mid-solo to just yell in pain. That dude was tough as fuckin' nails that night, playing through and still hanging out with fans after the show. 

This? 2 minutes in:

He looks in pain and I really gotta give him credit if he soldiered through that. Must have been absolute hell.

4 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

This? 2 minutes in:

He looks in pain and I really gotta give him credit if he soldiered through that. Must have been absolute hell.

That's it. The scream is around 2:05. It was absolutely brutal to watch, but the dude was a fuckin beast. He's said in interviews that he had run out of painkillers at that point, but couldn't get to a doctor because they extended the Up Close tour without considering that (or having considered and disregarded it - he's come pretty close to outright saying that if he left the tour to get it taken care of, TB would cancel the tour and pin it on him). The group of us that waited to get autographs after the show decided as a group that we weren't going to bother him, but he just stayed and chatted for at least half an hour, signed anything people wanted, took photos, shot the shit. Jennifer had to pull the car up and almost literally drag him by the arm to get him away. That is one selfless dude.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

Despite what many will say, Ron was, is and always will be a class act.  He was completely unprepared and inexperienced in dealing with the downright shambolic "organisation" that Guns N' Roses become...  

I never liked his playing, but I always thought he was a great guy. Stand up member that truly doesn't get the respect he deserves. His exit was certainly terrible, but based off everything he's done since 2006 I have to blame that on Guns more than him. He has always seemed like a really down to earth stand up guy.

That was one motherfuckin'show for sure! Axl was on fire that night and his vocals were almost on '10 levels on some songs, like You're Crazy and Rocket Queen. 

Let's hope that Axl an still pull off a couple of songs on that level during the reunion tour. 

1 hour ago, KiernanProud said:

I may have found a download of the whole show on the forum. Haven't checked yet so keep that in mind http://www.mediafire.com/?msbd69gi15xune5,94jmm08jayxb0z0

edit: only listened to estranged but that's really high quality, Axl sounds great. 

I do like this one. It's a merger of multiple bootlegs, if I recall, and it sounds GREAT. Some track spacing issues, but a small price to pay for an excellent recording. 

30 minutes ago, trqster said:

That was one motherfuckin'show for sure! Axl was on fire that night and his vocals were almost on '10 levels on some songs, like You're Crazy and Rocket Queen. 

Let's hope that Axl an still pull off a couple of songs on that level during the reunion tour. 

Lol for what I'm paying he better pull it off for more than "a couple of songs." If you can't sing anymore Axl, don't tour and charge an arm and a leg.

Civil War is badass in this bootleg 

November Rain ain't bad either, except he loses the rasp after long stretches of using it. I think if he's in shape and practiced he'll sound awesome in Vegas. It was already better in Vegas 2014

Edited by KiernanProud

8 hours ago, axlslash said:

Is there video of Better still out there? The entire show was unreal, but the bridge on Better was among the peaks. A good rendition of it is a rare find since 2010, and that night it was dead on balls accurate. 

Just listened to the bootleg and you're right. That's record-quality pitch and tone

20 hours ago, axlslash said:

That's it. The scream is around 2:05. It was absolutely brutal to watch, but the dude was a fuckin beast. He's said in interviews that he had run out of painkillers at that point, but couldn't get to a doctor because they extended the Up Close tour without considering that (or having considered and disregarded it - he's come pretty close to outright saying that if he left the tour to get it taken care of, TB would cancel the tour and pin it on him). The group of us that waited to get autographs after the show decided as a group that we weren't going to bother him, but he just stayed and chatted for at least half an hour, signed anything people wanted, took photos, shot the shit. Jennifer had to pull the car up and almost literally drag him by the arm to get him away. That is one selfless dude.

Wow, i saw this whole show bootleg a few years ago but i've never notcied his "Fuuuck" scream during the solo... my respect for his constant complaints leveled up now :lol:

Anyway, this was the last real great show from Axl (Vegas 2014 was a close call though. )

4 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Wow, i saw this whole show bootleg a few years ago but i've never notcied his "Fuuuck" scream during the solo... my respect for his constant complaints leveled up now :lol:

Anyway, this was the last real great show from Axl (Vegas 2014 was a close call though. )

Is there a full video bootleg out there? I've only seen the YouTube compilations, would love to get my hands on a full cut.