Blabbermouth- Fan meets Axl in Atlanta, Axl says "Whole Tour"...!

Audio on page link from fan's radio show interview, pic below. 4 hrs ago, sorry if already posted. 

The fan who snapped a photo with GUNS N' ROSES singer Axl Rose last weekend and posted it on Instagram spoke about the experience with the "Bailey And Southside" show on the Rock 100.5 radio station. The fan, named Mark Guglielmo, said he ran into Axl in the valet parking area of the Loews hotel in Atlanta, Georgia. "I was waiting for my friends, and I saw him get out of the car," he explained. "And [I saw] the aviator shades and the bandana, so I was, like, 'That kind of looks like Axl from a profile.' And then he turned, and I saw the forearm tattoo, and I'm, like, 'Holy shit! That's Axl Rose.'"

Guglielmo added that he approached Axl, wanting to make sure it was the reclusive GUNS N' ROSES frontman. "First I said, 'Oh my God! Axl?'" he recalled. "And he just turned toward me and he put his hand out. 'Yeah, man.' And I was, like, 'This is incredible to meet you.' 'Cause I'm in my young forties, and they were the concert I'd ever seen. I mean, I rode a ten-speed bike to go buy 'Appetite For Destruction' when I was, like, fourteen years old. [I told him all that] and he's, like, 'That's great, man. That's so cool to hear.' And then I turned away. And I was, like, 'Wait a second!' 'Cause I was a little starstruck. I realized I had my phone in my hand. And I'm, like, 'Axl, I don't mean to bug you, but can I get a picture?' And then his, I guess, friend took the picture, and he took a good one, and I put in on Instagram, and here we are."

Mark added that Rose told him that the reunited GUNS was planning to do a "whole tour" following the six shows the band has scheduled for next month. "All I did was say, 'Hey, good luck with the tour,'" he said. "And I corrected myself. 'I mean, the few shows.' 'Cause all I knew about was Vegas and Coachella coming up. And that's when he turned back to me, and he said, 'No, man. We're gonna do a whole tour.' He offered that to me."

Guglielmo wrote in the comment thread accompanying the photo, "I don't want to speculate or spread rumors, but it really looked like he's been working out a lot. His arms looked muscular."

Rose has been photographed before in less-than-flattering shape, so this could be an indication that he is getting more fit for GN'R's imminent comeback shows.

GUNS N' ROSES has six concerts scheduled so far, all in April: two at the Coachella Music And Arts Festival, two in Las Vegas and two in Mexico City.

The exact band lineup has yet to be confirmed beyond original members Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, although it is almost certain that keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus and drummer Frank Ferrer are on board as well.

Original members Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler don't appear to be involved in the gigs, but Adler's solo band abruptly canceled a show at the Whiskey A Go Go in Los Angeles on April 1, with the venue tweeting, "Stay tuned for a big announcement! #GunsNRoses." There is now speculation about a guest appearance by Adler with GUNS.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-fan-who-took-viral-axl-rose-photo-talks-about-his-experience-audio/#SYie87VI3i4mAj6h.99

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-fan-who-took-viral-axl-rose-photo-talks-about-his-experience-audio/

axl atlanta.jpg

Edited by axlskAmpf
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I wonder if Axl knew the info he offered in that little encounter would make such a big deal on the net.

I believe so....Axl is no dumbass and for him to stop and take a picture with a dude when he's been fairly underground was probably planned out in his head and even further for him to drop the "tour" thing on the dude could not have been a mis-step.  

2 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I wonder if Axl knew the info he offered in that little encounter would make such a big deal on the net.

Obvious! It's not the first time it happens and this is not new for him. But I think it's normal that the fans who meet him want to share their experiences, it is an exciting moment. 

This is great news...I tend to believe these kinds of things, as it's hard to imagine a story that has details that specific not being disputed by this time if it were indeed made up....IMO

And on a side note, being this close to the onset of all these things, first being the possible GNR appearance at the whiskey on April 1st, I have to wonder what Axl is / was doing in Atlanta..? Possibly where the band is rehearsing..? Of course he may just be there seeing some friends or something but I would think this would be the time frame devoted to rehearsing, with possibly the most ever anticipated reunion of a band being less than a month away.

Edited by DustnRoses

13 minutes ago, DustnRoses said:

but I would think this would be the time frame devoted to rehearsing, with possibly the most ever anticipated reunion of a band being less than a month away.

Lol... I don't think this is the MOST EVER anticipated reunion.  There's been a few reunions that were more noteworthy.  Pink Floyd and Zeppelin come to mind.  Hell... Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin reuniting was probably a bigger deal to most people at that time.  The Beatles (less Lennon) was pretty big in the 90's.  

No doubt this is a huge reunion though.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I'm just waiting on the "AXL in talks to be AC/DC guest vocalist" articles to start popping up

I just watched tonight's episode of the EastSide Dave Show on anthonycumia.com.  Dave is a HUGE Axl fan and he mentioned that he's heard rumors that Axl has been rehearsing AC/DC songs to fill in as the guest vocalist.  Dave even had a little graphic made up with a pic of Axl with the AC/DC logo.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

Because it was on the internet. How else do you hear anything. I'll send a raven next time. 

???

I was just curious as to what they had heard. Assuming it is probably bullshit anyways, but I just hadn't seen it posted.

2 hours ago, Matt13 said:

There's been a few reunions that were more noteworthy.  Pink Floyd and Zeppelin come to mind. 

Um, no. Not even close.

Both were obviously great bands. But neither of them were ever the "most dangerous band in the world" nor were they ever as notorious as GN'R.

No doubt that bands such as Zeppelin and Floyd have huge and loyal followings. But this is different in a lot of ways.

1 minute ago, thunderram said:

Um, no. Not even close.

Both were obviously great bands. But neither of them were ever the "most dangerous band in the world" nor were they ever as notorious as GN'R.

No doubt that bands such as Zeppelin and Floyd have huge and loyal followings. But this is different in a lot of ways.

Not really. They are all just as huge. IMO they are the 3 biggest rock reunions that could happen in this day and age. The part where @Matt13 is wrong is that they both reunited for a single show. They didn't tour. Thats the main difference. All 3 of the bands have loyal followings and are hugely influential, but Guns is the only one that actually seem to be doing a tour, or at least reuniting on a more permanent basis. Those 3 bands top the heap more than anyone else IMO. They ARE the most profitable reunion now that Zep won't and Floyd can't cause Rick is dead. Those bands didn't reunite and take over the world, Guns actually can. Which is why we were all so surprised by the way the news has been rolled out. The biggest reunion in rock that can happen in this day and age is kind of being done "matter of factly" not "bombastically" seeing as they are kind of the last band that could pull off a reunion of this size.

But its still early.

2 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Um, no. Not even close.

It is different based on how much these guys supposedly (in the media and public eye) hated each other. It just looked like it would never ever happen. Zeppelin got to have their big 75% reunion at the 02 concert and it was a huge deal. I would say Zeppelin in general are bigger than GNR, but this reunion is bigger based on the circumstances and all members being alive. But hell, it doesn't look like a full reunion isn't actually happening anyways. Each band and its reunion is only as big as the fan they anticipates it. I can't wait to hopefully see a Coachella stream.

16 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

???

I was just curious as to what they had heard. Assuming it is probably bullshit anyways, but I just hadn't seen it posted.

Exactly they must have just seen that guys pic with Axl on the internet like everyone else. I doubt podcasters have more sources than Alt nation or random posters on the internet. 

8 hours ago, Matt13 said:

Lol... I don't think this is the MOST EVER anticipated reunion.  There's been a few reunions that were more noteworthy.  Pink Floyd and Zeppelin come to mind.  Hell... Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin reuniting was probably a bigger deal to most people at that time.  The Beatles (less Lennon) was pretty big in the 90's.  

No doubt this is a huge reunion though.  

Yeah, but Floyd and Zeppelin only did one off shows. Plus I think if GNR can somehow kick out 1-2 more classic records they will cement their legacy and merit comparison with bands like Floyd, Zeppelin, and the Stones. They may already be that level though so a couple more records may see GNR eclipse that entire echelon of bands and stand as the undisputed kings of rock n roll. Only time can tell. I think they've gotta another one in 'em though.

Edited by Mr. Dude