Promoters Share GNR Stories

13 minutes ago, Original said:

Mix Master Mike- LOL.  What a shit opener.  Nu Guns had a lot of crappy openers....

Oh my God, yeah. I remember seeing them in 02 and being so put off by the openers. cky event got booed off the stage in Detroit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Its not about the new shows, but some old shows, I only knew about the phily one. Others seem interesting too.

http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/concert-promoters-share-their-gnr-war-stories.html

Imagine if axl pulls the old line-up together just to do a no show at the vegas gigs. You know so he could piss them off and fuck them over one last time before retiring lol 

• Like 1

LOLing at the memories of CKY and MMM.

I was at the Philly 02 show, in the upper deck above the soundboard. MMM played for almost an hour. A little dude in a gnr branded toboggan told him to keep on going, keep going ...

After getting booed and shit thrown at him, we waited another hour. Then I see the soundboard guy get a phone call. He unplugs everything, covers the soundboard and runs away.

The place went bonkers when the announcement was made. We were wearing KFC buckets on our heads. A group around us starting chanting, "Throw your bucket!" - then it spread and spread. Before we got killed, we threw them down to the floor. The crowd, like rabid baboons, destroyed the buckets!

Then we heard the CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK of the riot police. They started shoving us out with their shields. I saw a guy on the floor getting chased by cops. He was corned. So he stopped, pulled his pants down, jiggled his balls, and the cops were frozen. Then he took off and got away again, lol.

In the parking lot, helicopters were circling above. Someone started a big fire. This guy selling fake tie dye shirts that had a braided Axl on them, he thought the show was over. He got punched, and the shirts thrown on the fire.

Also, before the gig, crew were pushing tickets for the next show in Wilkes-Barre, PA at a huge discount. Wonder if they knew something...

I had taken a week off work to see them in PA, DC and SC ... huge fail.

Anyway, that's my story!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DizzyReed63 said:

I was at the Philly 02 show, in the upper deck above the soundboard. MMM played for almost an hour. A little dude in a gnr branded toboggan told him to keep on going, keep going ...

After getting booed and shit thrown at him, we waited another hour. Then I see the soundboard guy get a phone call. He unplugs everything, covers the soundboard and runs away.

The place went bonkers when the announcement was made. We were wearing KFC buckets on our heads. A group around us starting chanting, "Throw your bucket!" - then it spread and spread. Before we got killed, we threw them down to the floor. The crowd, like rabid baboons, destroyed the buckets!

Then we heard the CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK of the riot police. They started shoving us out with their shields. I saw a guy on the floor getting chased by cops. He was corned. So he stopped, pulled his pants down, jiggled his balls, and the cops were frozen. Then he took off and got away again, lol.

In the parking lot, helicopters were circling above. Someone started a big fire. This guy selling fake tie dye shirts that had a braided Axl on them, he thought the show was over. He got punched, and the shirts thrown on the fire.

Also, before the gig, crew were pushing tickets for the next show in Wilkes-Barre, PA at a huge discount. Wonder if they knew something...

Anyway, that's my story!

That's an awesome story. Poor fellow with the shirts..

Haha... thats an awesome story. Wish I was there. I was actually at the show the very night before that in Pittsburgh, PA. Axl was SUPER fucking late to that too, but at least he showed up. CKY and MMM played for what seemed like for-fucking-ever then closed up shop and left, and we were left sitting there for like two goddamned hours with nothing to do, so they just started panning the camera around the stadium at people and a bunch of chicks started flashing their tits which was cool and calmed the place down n what not. Then the band came out after midnight, and played til well after 2. To this day, it was still by FAR the latest running concert I've ever been too. Tbh though, axl and friends did sound really good that night, I remember being quite impressed at how well they played. You guys think Buckethead will be in Vegas? What section you think his seats are in? LoL

2 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

Haha... thats an awesome story. Wish I was there. I was actually at the show the very night before that in Pittsburgh, PA. Axl was SUPER fucking late to that too, but at least he showed up. CKY and MMM played for what seemed like for-fucking-ever then closed up shop and left, and we were left sitting there for like two goddamned hours with nothing to do, so they just started panning the camera around the stadium at people and a bunch of chicks started flashing their tits which was cool and calmed the place down n what not. Then the band came out after midnight, and played til well after 2. To this day, it was still by FAR the latest running concert I've ever been too. Tbh though, axl and friends did sound really good that night, I remember being quite impressed at how well they played. You guys think Buckethead will be in Vegas? What section you think his seats are in? LoL

Oh man, that's right - I remember the "live cam" at the Pitt arena was on, and us on the forum waited ... and waited for that gig to start. The Blues live performance from that show was in my playlist for a good decade, though! Pitt was a few dates before Philly - NYC was the one before the Philly gig. I remember there were also rumors he got mad in NYC the night before because a club wouldn't let him in, and then he wouldn't leave his room the next day and night.

1 hour ago, DizzyReed63 said:

Anyway, that's my story!

Strong location to post content.

As concert promoter Charlie Brusco walked through the back door of the arena shortly after the concert started, he knew something was wrong. “I heard this horrible sound,” Brusco says. “I look up, and one of the guys in the road crew was singing.” A roadie for the band named Big Ron was on lead vocals, because, earlier, Rose had jumped offstage, punched a cop, and been carried away. The Omni’s head of security told Brusco, “First strike, he hit an Atlanta police officer. Second strike, he hit a female Atlanta police officer. Third strike, he hit a black female Atlanta police officer. He’s going to jail.” Brusco begged for Rose to be allowed to finish the show. Finally the security chief said, “If he apologizes to the police officer in writing, we’ll let him go.” Brusco agreed. He was led to Rose, who was sitting at a makeshift booking table wearing his trademark bandanna. Rose dutifully signed his apology, and security brought in the female officer. Then Rose looked up and said, “Fuck you, you fucking jag-off cop.” He was hauled to jail, and the show was canceled. “I don’t think,” Brusco says, “I did another Guns show after that.”

Sp funny, great article.