Axl Joining AC/DC? New pic posted on TMZ

NachoLZ

According to a new report from Atlanta RadioGuns N' Roses vocalist Axl Rose will be joining AC/DCas a replacement for Brian Johnson for the remainder of the band's tour.
As widely reported, Mr. Johnson has recently suffered major hearing issues with doctors urging him not to perform anymore at risk of hearing loss.
Axl was spotted in Atlanta over the weekend, where he reportedly flew for rehearsals, but not with GN'R.
Rumors started spreading about Rose negotiating with AC/DC, and now radio DJ Jason Bailey revealed that a "very, very good source" confirmed that all the speculation is true.
Jason said:
"This is what I'm being told: Axl was meeting with the AC/DC group, because it's all but a done deal that Axl will front AC/DC for the 10 remaining shows. All 10, including Atlanta.
"From what I was told, this was all kind of new inside information to me, Angus is a very black and white guy. He's like, Brian, for health reasons, can't continue fronting the band.
"He was supposed to retire after the last tour, so they wanted to continue going out on the road and continue making music, so if you can't do it, we appreciate your services, but the show must go on. They're in town, they were auditioning people for the job, and then they flew Axl in. Again, this is from my source."

Source

No one on the planet is about to rock as hard as Axl Rose, and we have the first photos of him leaving rehearsing with what could be his new band ... AC/DC!

There are reports the Guns N' Roses frontman is going to fill in as lead singer for AC/DC, which is rumored to be opening for GNR on its upcoming tour. Axl was at a rehearsal studio in Atlanta with Angus Young and co. on Friday ... maybe running through the classics, maybe finalizing a deal.

Neither side's reps are confirming anything yet.

Looks like Axl's been working hard to get in shape for the double duty tour -- and this is our first look at him in a long time.

If the voice works ... do ya really care what he looks like?

TMZ: Source: http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/#ixzz44F62Xq00

Thoughts?

0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-22.jpg

0328-axl-rose-acdc-tmz-20.jpg

Edited by NachoLZ
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

I vote to keep the thread. It is relevant to GNR, too much is dumped in the social media thread, and this is now a more reliable source than AN.

Plus no one goes to My World, but regulars.

How is this more reliable than AN? They are both citing the same source, which is the DJ at an Atlanta radio station.

Legimate journalistic standards typically require at least two different sources confirming something before putting it out there. 

3 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I'm okay with leaving this if a few sources are now reporting on it. The issue with AN is they sometimes create reports from forum rumours so are not always the best source.

It might be a good idea to leave it open just so you don't get a dozen similar posts that you have to keep locking.

I haven't cared enough about AC/DC to see them since the Ballbreaker tour 20 years ago but I'd definitely try and see a show if Axl was singing. If they hire some no name for these shows then I'd imagine a bunch of people will request refunds. Maybe if they get Axl, not as many will try and get their money back? I'm waiting for a more reliable source than AN/UG or the DJ who started this rumor since ,as I posted in the social media thread,he could just be doing this for publicity. 

Kind of cool.  If he pulls it off it may help him pull in some new fans.  It certainly won't hurt his image, good from a pr standpoint, but I wish he'd focus on GNR and creating music and pulling off the rumored reunion tour.  That should be the main focus at this point.  

these things are not predictable.  maybe if you asked me at the beginning of the week what the big news would be this week i'd guess something about steven.  not that axl would be the new lead singer of acdc.  

You'd think a big GNR reunion and all the logistic that come with that would be enough for a work shy Axl

HOWEVER he loves AC/DC, sometimes covering them twice in a GNR set, so this would certainly

tickle his fancy and be a huge honour for him personally, I think! 
Also, maybe this flurry of active has sparked an interest to get himself out there a bit more and

DO STUFF! 
He's clearly in a different head space than he was 3-4 years ago! 

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I'm okay with leaving this if a few sources are now reporting on it. The issue with AN is they sometimes create reports from forum rumours so are not always the best source.

You are now on Bret Buchanans Black List