Why do you think GNR are taking such a USA presence right now?

It's weird to me why GN'R right now are primarily focusing their touring on the USA. Obviously there will be SA tours and UK tours but...for right now, why are Guns n' Roses mainly focusing in the States? The shows never really sold out here during 2009-2014 touring years, and yes, Slash and Duff are back but is that enough to guarentee a stadium tour is successful?

Why didn't they just play it safe and start with a SA tour? Why do you think that Guns N' Roses is trying to, at least right now, focus on the states instead of other countries?

I'm sure this will get merged but you can't compare any version of Axl's GNR to the UYI/CD hybrid that we currently have now. Anyone who was around for 87-93 and not a mega Internet/Forum user would constantly tell me "You aren't seeing GNR. It's Axl and the scabs" Those same people would've been back in a second if Slash/Duff returned. The US is GNR's home base. In the places overseas where New GNR did big business, they will probably do huge business with Slash and Duff back.  I guess I look at it as, if Oasis were to reunite,I'm assuming they'd do the UK first before they got to us here in the States.

Edited by Subtle Signs
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It's weird to me why GN'R right now are primarily focusing their touring on the USA. Obviously there will be SA tours and UK tours but...for right now, why are Guns n' Roses mainly focusing in the States? The shows never really sold out here during 2009-2014 touring years, and yes, Slash and Duff are back but is that enough to guarentee a stadium tour is successful?

Why didn't they just play it safe and start with a SA tour? Why do you think that Guns N' Roses is trying to, at least right now, focus on the states instead of other countries?

A U.S. Tour would not do as well of they weren't the first dates on the tour.  They can go to SA and Europe and do as well there no matter when they go.

But demand in the states would be significantly less if they didn't tour here first.   Additionally and honestly they are an American band.

Finally stadium tours in the U.S. Only work during the summer for a variety of reasons.

• Like 2

• gunsguy locked and unlocked this topic
5 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

A U.S. Tour would not do as well of they weren't the first dates on the tour.  They can go to SA and Europe and do as well there no matter when they go.

But demand in the states would be significantly less if they didn't tour here first.   Additionally and honestly they are an American band.

Finally stadium tours in the U.S. Only work during the summer for a variety of reasons.

Agreed, and also Axl really hasn't been able to do a full US tour. He talked about this being one of the frustrating things with the new band. He wanted to do a full US tour for a while, so outside of timing and demand I think this is an opportunity to play every major city and get the big venues. 

20 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

The shows never really sold out here during 2009-2014 touring years, and yes, Slash and Duff are back but is that enough to guarentee a stadium tour is successful?

you've answered you own questions... slash and duff are back because axl couldn't make it in the states without them.

Part of the reason for Slash and Duff coming back is to take the US. Axl said something about not really doing a proper US tour since the 90s. They can headline RIR or Euro festa with Dj Ashba but not headline Coachella or fill soccer stadiums in the US. So the US is the priority and chaching!

8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

It's weird to me why GN'R right now are primarily focusing their touring on the USA.

Because with Duff and Slash back in the band they can. That simple. They were getting close to the level of a theatre act in the US before this. They couldn't hope to sell out stadiums without a reunion. Now they can. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bono said:

Ummmmm....... because they're from the United States and no band on the planet ever in the history of music decides to tour multiple continents at the same time. It's the "reunion" so it makes sense to start there rather than somewhere else. Where else would you like them to focus on at this time? It makes all the sense in the world to start in the US, focus on the US and tour the US. Doing it any other way would be ridiculous right now. And normally when bands release tour dates(or cities in GnR's case) it's limited to one continent at a time. Then they book the next leg of a tour in another continent. 

What's weird is that you think it's weird. 

Imagine that. An American band choosing to start their tour in the United States. What a crazy idea. 

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 3

lol @Apollo:P

Yeah, I think the answer is obvious! It is their homeland, after all, isn't it? I feel GN'R is an all American band, they represent a lot of the American values and I'm very happy for them getting all this attention back and having their country loving them again. What else could you ask for?

I fail to see the rarity on this.

• Like 2

I think nu Guns kind of avoided starting in the US because of the reception/money? It's just a feeling I got. Americans were so much harder on Axl and new Guns line ups. So start where you're most wanted. 

Just like others have said..Guns N' Roses with Axl, Slash and Duff appeal to a much broader mainstream audience in the U.S....and the fact that they haven't been together in 23 years makes a full North American stadium tour a no brainer.  This is the #1 most anticipated tour of 2016 in North America.

On 3/26/2016 at 4:31 AM, wasted said:

Part of the reason for Slash and Duff coming back is to take the US. Axl said something about not really doing a proper US tour since the 90s. They can headline RIR or Euro festa with Dj Ashba but not headline Coachella or fill soccer stadiums in the US. So the US is the priority and chaching!

Lol @ fill SOCCER stadiums in the US. Come on Wasted, you know better than that. They are playing BASEBALL and FOOTBALL stadiums, not SOCCER.

I also have to lol at this question. Really??? An American band choosing to tour it's gone country before going to South America... How bizare.