Why do you think GNR are taking such a USA presence right now?

21 hours ago, Original said:

Guns always kicked ass in the US.  Nu Guns played to half empty arenas in US.  It's a no-brainer for them to tour the US 1st...they'll sell out everywhere with Slash, (he's that good)!

I keep reading  these posts about how Axl's band struggled and played to half empty arena's. I know i live in the third biggest market in the States and shows usually do well here, but did the tours struggle that bad? He sold out Allstate Arena in 02 and 06 and had to put some nosebleeds on Groupon for the '11 show. How bad were the smaller markets?

10 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Lol @ fill SOCCER stadiums in the US. Come on Wasted, you know better than that. They are playing BASEBALL and FOOTBALL stadiums, not SOCCER.

I also have to lol at this question. Really??? An American band choosing to tour it's gone country before going to South America... How bizare.

Chinese Democracy era GNR seemed to dodge the US until 2010? They started a few tours in Asia? 

It's soccer, Mike Pizza of the New York Cardinals will back me up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I keep reading  these posts about how Axl's band struggled and played to half empty arena's. I know i live in the third biggest market in the States and shows usually do well here, but did the tours struggle that bad? He sold out Allstate Arena in 02 and 06 and had to put some nosebleeds on Groupon for the '11 show. How bad were the smaller markets?

In detroit there was a tarp over the upper bowl in 2011. Happens to other artists too, show was still great 

Again they couldn't headline festivals in the US or play soccer stadiums. 

AFD was LA. UYI was USA. CD was international. I know tgat some will say AFD UYI were more international but the theme of CD is dictators, don't think most Americans feel that oppressed. 

UYI is great material to tour stadiums in the US. Metal anthems, Elton ballads, Stonesy rockers. 

"It's tha unit ain't nothin' change"

This reminds me of countless threads started by Europeans on the Springsteen BTX forum. Whenever a US tour leg is announced first it's "Why won't he play Europe right now? We sell out the most stadiums."

I get the point and they always end up in Europe but I feel like the posters forget these guys are Americans. They want to achieve success in America as their #1 goal. With Slash and Duff back, just as other posters here said, they do it because they can.

itll get to Europe but these guys are Americans so it's happening in America first.

• Like 1

Let's not forget Slash and Duff aren't headlining huge festivals on their own now, not even RIR. But with Guns Slash can connect with big festivals in the US and the rest of world. There's window here to be big again for everyone. 

8 hours ago, GoBucky said:

Propaganda. Just about all full. Not sell outs but making money but nothing like this reunion with sell outs and people buying 2,500 tickets. Guns need to go out on top. It just feels better all round. But this need to for new Guns to completely fail is a little unecessary isnt it. but this is america if you don't make money youre a douchebag, so what you going to do? Make more money? There you go!

8 hours ago, GoBucky said:

I could find the numbers for 2014 & 2012 Las Vegas shows, but no other shows for the U.S. I also found the numbers for the Latin American shows-

Latin America (from billboard chart 5/22/2014):                            
Rank    Artist/Event    Venue                        City/State                   Event Dates    Gross Sales    Attend/Capacity    Shows/Sellouts
4    Guns N' Roses     Arena Anhembi              Sao Paulo, Brazil          28-Mar-14    $2,090,395     18,000 / 35000    1 / 0
9    Guns N' Roses     Esplanada do Mineirao    Belo Horizonte, Brazil     22-Mar-14    $1,404,427     16,342 / 25000    1 / 0
12    Guns N' Roses    Estadio Durival Britto     Silva Curitiba, Brazil        30-Mar-14    $1,271,180     11,180 /20000    1 / 0
13    Guns N' Roses    Centro de Eventos do C Fortaleza, Brazil           17-Apr-14    $1,264,417     14,570 /15000    1 / 0
15    Guns N' Roses    Pavilhao da FIERGS         Porto Alegre, Brazil      3-Apr-14    $1,198,083     12,197 /12197    1 / 1
16    Guns N' Roses    Chevrolet Hall                Recife, Brazil                15-Apr-14    $1,180,640     10,630 / 12000    1 / 0
17    Guns N' Roses    Estadio de Ferrocarril      Buenos Aires, Argentina 6-Apr-14    $1,161,415     16,525 /24659    1 / 0
20    Guns N' Roses    Devassa On Stage          Florianopolis, Brazil         1-Apr-14    $1,021,262     9,902 /11100    1 / 0
21    Guns N' Roses    HSBC Arena                  Rio de Janeiro, Brazil       20-Mar-14    $963,193     10,425 /12928    1 / 0
22    Guns N' Roses    Ginasio Nilson Nelson      Brasilia, Brazil                 25-Mar-14    $848,744     10,843 /12000    1 / 0
23    Guns N' Roses    Jockey Club                   Asuncion, Paraguay       9-Apr-14    $646,323     11,232 /30000    1 / 0
24    Guns N' Roses    Estadio Hernando Sile    La Paz, Bolivia               12-Apr-14    $643,560     12,000 /30000    1 / 0

Las Vegas 2012 (from billboard chart 11/09/2012):                            
Rank    Artist/Event    Venue                                 City/State            Event Dates                     Gross Sales    Attend/Capacity    Shows/Sellouts
27    Guns N' Roses    The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel    Las Vegas, Nev.    Oct. 31, Nov. 2-3, 2012        775,119        8,387/9,839         3/0

Las Vegas 2012 (from billboard chart 11/11/2012)                            
Rank    Artist/Event    Venue                                 City/State           Event Dates                    Gross Sales    Attend/Capacity    Shows/Sellouts
27    Guns N' Roses    The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel    Las Vegas, Nev.    Nov. 14, 17-18, 2012        $790,032     8,506/9,743               3/1

Las Vegas 2012 (from billboard chart 11/29/2012)                            
Rank    Artist/Event    Venue                                  City/State            Event Dates                 Gross Sales    Attend/Capacity    Shows/Sellouts
12    Guns N' Roses    The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel    Las Vegas, Nev.    Nov. 21, 23-24, 2012        713,735        7,969/9,241             3/1

Las Vegas 2014 (from billboard chart 6/11/2014)                            
Rank    Artist/Event    Venue                                  City/State             Event Dates                    Gross Sales    Attend/Capacity    Shows/Sellouts
44    Guns N' Roses    The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel    Las Vegas, Nev.    June 4, 6-7, 2014               $853,785     9,221 /10,130         3 / 2
53    Guns N' Roses    The Joint, Hard Rock Hotel    Las Vegas, Nev.    May 28, 30-31, 2014            $739,534     8,021 /9,449           3 / 0

Billboard numbers were found from the WebSite from Billboards charts page.

3 minutes ago, wasted said:

Propaganda. Just about all full. Not sell outs but making money but nothing like this reunion with sell outs and people buying 2,500 tickets. Guns need to go out on top. It just feels better all round. But this need to for new Guns to completely fail is a little unecessary isnt it. but this is america if you don't make money youre a douchebag, so what you going to do? Make more money? There you go!

They weren't exactly doing awful, but not what they once were. Especially as they hadn't had any new music for a decade and sucked at promotion.

2 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

They weren't exactly doing awful, but not what they once were. Especially as they hadn't had any new music for a decade and sucked at promotion.

Some of that was just the times. They were lucky to be able to tour. But Axl is a great frontman. They were kind of lucky when the thing became touring focused with nostalgia rock bands being profitable - they could do that. Even the Best Buy deal was a little lucky. As in the problems could be spun into a mysterious most anticipated thing. But without the deal it was probably not getting released.