Naomi Petersen (Slash & Duff mention)

supercool

hi Marc,

I was reading a Joe Carducci (Rock and the Pop Narcotic author) interview from 2013 when Slash and Duff names popped up.

Did Naomi Petersen work with them ?

This is how Slash and Duff got mentioned:

The early death of SST photographer Naomi Petersen drove Joe Carducci to write Enter Naomi. Part biography, part topographical history of LA, it is a heartbreaking account of a life lived to the fullest but seemingly at a remove from everyone. Petersen’s visual contributions to rock culture are also celebrated with loving reproductions of key images, but what strikes hardest is the sense of loss Carducci feels at the death of a great friend.

Did everyone you approach for interviews/ recollections for the book reply?

Joe Carducci: No, a lot of people involved had the first impulse to respect privacy, their own if not Naomi’s. They couldn’t imagine the kind of book it would be, so they didn't say much. I imagine after they read the book they'd wished they’d told me more. But that was mostly about the past. I don’t think anybody I know knew much about Naomi’s last decade. I managed, I think, to get my email address and a query to James Hetfield who Naomi spent time with before he pulled up and got sober, but I didn’t really expect to hear from him. Didn’t hear from Duff McKagan either, and I was hoping her name might pop up in his memoir or Slash’s but no.

http://thequietus.com/articles/12184-joe-carducci-interview

Edited by supercool

well, this is what i found searching in the net : http://terminal-boredom.com/forums/index.php?topic=2526.0

Naomi lived with her parents and worked as hostess and bookkeeper at the
Black Angus restaurant in Northridge. I often called her there and heard
how her voice professional "warmth" would shift into the genuine
personal warmth we all knew. Once Davo drove us up to some gig at
Godzilla's and we stopped at the restaurant to pick up some prints; it
was a signal moment seeing the sweetest goth girl you ever saw there at
her counter in the straight world break into a smile as two of the least
likely customers walked in the door. She was an important part of our
grand, long-shot, cultural conspiracy and she loved it as we did. (Also
working at the restaurant was Duff McKagan and Naomi taxied proto-Guns n Roses lineups around town for a period, and later if the straights
couldn't be impressed with SST stories she could tell them that Axl had
thrown up in her car. She also apparently had Metallica and Nirvana
stories to tell, the platinum trifecta!).