Final Line Up Predictions

2 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

I'm sure it'll be Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard and Frank with some guest spots from Adler and maybe (hopefully) Izzy!

Pitman is out, he must be! I can't stand that prick...

We got a signed drum head with 6 signatures. If pitman was in the band he would have signed it. He's got to be out...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

My dream for the Vegas gigs is the original line-up plays Appetite in it's entirety. Then for the encore they come out and play Civil War and Knockin on Heavens Door

Ugh....better than any CD songs being played but I'd really like some UYI stuff, specifically estranged.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

My dream for the Vegas gigs is the original line-up plays Appetite in it's entirety. Then for the encore they come out and play Civil War and Knockin on Heavens Door

The entire AFD notion is lovely and all but considering the cost of the Vegas shows I'd sincerely hope they do more than 12-14 songs.

On topic - I think it'll be Frank and Richard full time with Steven doing a handful of songs each night. Izzy will hopefully show up as well but I won't hold my breath. I just hope they don't rotate drummers back and forth all night. That might get clunky. Save like 5 AFD songs for a killer encore and have Steven do that.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

The entire AFD notion is lovely and all but considering the cost of the Vegas shows I'd sincerely hope they do more than 12-14 songs.

On topic - I think it'll be Frank and Richard full time with Steven doing a handful of songs each night. Izzy will hopefully show up as well but I won't hold my breath. I just hope they don't rotate drummers back and forth all night. That might get clunky. Save like 5 AFD songs for a killer encore and have Steven do that.

This is a good point...maybe open with like 3 AFD songs with Steven, then bring Frank in and then Steven can come back for encores....

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

This is a good point...maybe open with like 3 AFD songs with Steven, then bring Frank in and then Steven can come back for encores....

That's a good idea too. I realize for structure and pacing they probably can't save all the big Appetite songs until the very end so inevitably Frank might play, oh I don't know, Sweet Child mid-set, but otherwise they could bookend the shows with AFD to avoid switching drummers all night.

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

That's a good idea too. I realize for structure and pacing they probably can't save all the big Appetite songs until the very end so inevitably Frank might play, oh I don't know, Sweet Child mid-set, but otherwise they could bookend the shows with AFD to avoid switching drummers all night.

Yah, sounds good to me too (out of likes, but I like it!)

• Like 1

Core Band:

Axl, Duff, Slash, Richard, Dizzy, Frank

Cameos: Adler/Izzy (Adler will be around as long as Axl can deal with him, so he may have his role for a while where as Izzy will flake out early maybe)

Special Guests: Gilby, Zig Zag, Traci and Roberta, Sorum

I think the core line up will be Axl,Slash,Duff,Dizzy,Fortus andFrank with Izzy and Adler making appearances over the tour. I hope the long term plan is for Izzy and Adler to go full time next year and the other 2 making way but I'm not getting ma hopes up yet. The hybrid line up is fine for me if not.  I think the main thing is we get some new material from them wether it's a couple of songs for the upcoming tour or a album later on. 

Edited by Gold top 78
Typo

Axl, Slash, Duff, Adler (All AFD catalog and some Illusions) 

Frank (CD songs and some Illusions)

Fortus

Dizzy

Izzy - guest spots, plays maybe half the set...maybe more in later dates if they come to a better agreement for both sides.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Axl, Slash, Duff, Adler (All AFD catalog and some Illusions) 

Frank (CD songs and some Illusions)

Fortus

Dizzy

Izzy - guest spots, plays maybe half the set...maybe more in later dates if they come to a better agreement for both sides.

Exactly this...spot on.

Axl - Vocals, Piano on November Rain

Slash - Guitars

Richard - Guitars

Duff  - Bass, Backing Vocals, Lead Vocals on Attitude

Dizzy - Keys, Piano, Backing Vocals

Frank - Drums

Backing Musicians: Teddy Andreadis, Roberta Freeman, Tracey Amos

Special Guests (Not all shows): Izzy Stradlin, Steven Adler

No Pittman or Sorum.