Final Line Up Predictions

Anyone remember Axls comment about Izzy guesting with GNR in 06? He said Izzy wanted an outragerous amount of money just for those few songs. Maybe he is a bit too money focused and that's why he's not in. What would support this theory is also that Izzy said for those shows in 1993 he also only did the dates for the salary.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

6 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Anyone remember Axls comment about Izzy guesting with GNR in 06? He said Izzy wanted an outragerous amount of money just for those few songs. Maybe he is a bit too money focused and that's why he's not in. What would support this theory is also that Izzy said for those shows in 1993 he also only did the dates for the salary.

It's possible. I've seen this suggested in a few of the threads now. Maybe Axl, Slash, and Duff feel like they've done most of the work here and unless Izzy wants to contribute to that then there's no way he's getting paid the same as them. Pure speculation of course, but it's possible based on what we know. Izzy seems to like his money.

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

If Steven is going to be present, I would prefer if he also played on the encores. It would be quite disheartening if he came on and left in the middle of the set, never to return. 

I thought the same thing.. But I'll take what I can get.. If Izzy and Steven do make an appearance it would be nice of Fortus and Frank would be kind enough to watch from the side of the stage.. No need to have 8 people running around on stage.. Would kind of dilute a very special moment for a lot of fans.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven.. Dizzy

Frank and Fortus guest for a couple songs for a cordial departure from Gn'R.. They get a polite applause, but no one knows who they are.

i actually wouldn't know them if they walked past me in the street (Frank and Fortus) i would be happy with Gilbey and Matt if no Izzy and Adler:headbang:

24 minutes ago, mikebones said:

Have you seen the latest posts of GNR on twitter? We have Duff's basses, Slash equipment and Dizzy's piano. If we don't have pictures of fortus and Frank gear I would totally especulate about Izzy and Adler.

Or because they know no one even knows who those "other guys" in the band are

If Adler is in -- even for a few songs -- I think Izzy is in for at least guest spots. Axl isn't stupid -- he's actually handled this well, slowly leaking info a little at a time and keeping speculation and mystique open -- and he won't bring 4/5 of the original lineup with Izzy the missing link. He knows people would groan at that. If you're to leave someone out, it's Steven (for the reliability factor). Axl isn't dumb. He'll get Izzy there -- if Izzy is the only missing piece.

I do believe Adler is in, which means I do believe Izzy is in. That means I believe we will have the original five on stage together -- for at least one song -- for the first time in 25 years.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2016 at 3:36 AM, wasted said:

I just have this feeling like revealing the AFD line up at these April shows will really sell the US tour.

It's the hyperdrive button.

maybe they will try with the Big 3 but if it doesn't fly they will give Izzy more money. Just to say the original line up first time since 91? 

would be first time since Farm Aid 1990

scarcity is GNR's true value in every essence of what it means to be a one of a kind of band

i do truly hope its the originals

even axl can do all of dizzy's parts

there is absolutely no reason for anyone else

adler is 100x the drummer of anyone else

use your iluusion concerts are not that cool to watch with matt there it's just plain dumb

and frank is by far the worst gnr drummer they've had.... brain was better than matt and quite similar to steven if anything

i know what im talking about

axl, keep it real, keep it the five and hit the keyboards and ditch dizzy the guy devalued your band as soon as he joined

3 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

use your iluusion concerts are not that cool to watch with matt there it's just plain dumb

I agree the illusions concerts from 92 are tough to watch but they were on fucking fire in 93 during the Skin N' Bones tour..

8 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

i can agree with that but that's mostly cause axl's voice was on fire and you could tell things were peaking/reaching its end

Slash too. I was listening to the Argentina 7/16/93 (not 7/17) and they both never sounded better.. It is incredible...

21 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yeah, I was amazed when I first saw the entire Hartford show in 93, don't think they've both sounded better even duff was on fire

Download the 7/16 show if you can.. It is soundboard.. Much better quality than Hartford. There are a couple sound issues at the beginning but once they sort it out.. holy shit...