Adlers Appetite singer says Adler will play with GNR

I think Izzy might have something to do with this as well. He probably told Axl he'll only participate if Adler does, too, so IMO Izzy is all but guaranteed to make some appearances on the tour. But I still don't think him and Adler are gonna be permanent touring members. They'll probably play Vegas and maybe Coachella and then only do guest slots during the actual tour.

2 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

It does raise the question about material if that is the case, can and would Adler play Illusion songs? We might be looking at pre-AFD materal.

Maybe just have Adler play the appetite material and have Frank play everything else. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LikeADog93 said:

I would literally cry tears of joy in Vegas if the lights go down, Axl screams "You know where you are!!?" And then when the curtain drops it's the 5 original guys up on the stage. Come on Izzy!! Make it happen

Same. I would lose my mind with excitement and joy if that happens. Some people feel the issue with Izzy is money, So Hopefully the demise of Chris pitman freed up enough cash $$$ to renegotiate and get a deal done with Izzy over the last few weeks.

Well find out soon. Literally this Friday at the earliest, next Friday at the latest. 

7 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

It does raise the question about material if that is the case, can and would Adler play Illusion songs? We might be looking at pre-AFD materal.

Adler can play the Illusion songs just fine. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

Not to be contrarian, but you know this how?  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnAa8C6UqOg

He could play them but he won't. Steven has stated many times that he only wants to play on songs that he recorded. So the only UYI song we'll possibly see him play is Civil War

Edited by LikeADog93

4 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

He's a hell of a drummer.  It's not rocket science, he's been drumming his whole life.  I also thought he played some of UYI live with Guns, but I could be wrong.  Either way, he won't butcher the songs like Frank.

**He has played Civil War with Guns and they played Don't Cry in the early days too.

Edited by Original
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

He's a professional musician like the rest of him. I'm quite confident that he could probably play anything that was asked of him. Moving beyond that if you look at some of his material, he is actually a quite good professional drummer.

3 minutes ago, Original said:

He's a hell of a drummer.  It's not rocket science, he's been drumming his whole life.  I also thought he played some of UYI live with Guns, but I could be wrong.  Either way, he won't butcher the songs like Frank.

Ok, I'll give that one a fair enough :)

I'm pretty sure if Adler is involved in some capacity it will not be to play every song at every show.

just last week we saw a pic that Frank posted from rehearsals of his drum set with Slash's pick on the floor.

At best I'm thinking Adlers capacity is limited either to shows he is going to appear at and/or songs played when he appears.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smoking guns said:

Adler would only play AFD and Civil War.  nothing else. 

I'm sure he would be willing to play Knockin On Heavens Door, Mama Kin, and Reckless Life if those songs were thrown into the setlist. I saw him play those with Adler's Appetite

Just now, tsinindy said:

Ok, I'll give that one a fair enough :)

I'm pretty sure if Adler is involved in some capacity it will not be to play every song at every show.

just last week we saw a pic that Frank posted from rehearsals of his drum set with Slash's pick on the floor.

At best I'm thinking Adlers capacity is limited either to shows he is going to appear at and/or songs played when he appears.

Whatever happens I just can't wait til next week.  And if Adler is in (probably one of the worst kept secret's) it'll be just more icing on the cake!

• Like 1