Adlers Appetite singer says Adler will play with GNR

13 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

......because Matt Sorum's three drum fills are soooo hard?!?    C'mon, 75% of the Illusions were written during Adlers's time in the band.  He can do it.  Get Ferrer outta there.

When you're stoned out of your mind they might be.

4 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Adler would only play AFD and Civil War.  nothing else. 

I think some of you are forgetting that, while the UYI albums released and the subsequent tour took place long after Steven was out of the band, several of the songs were written and performed well before the band ever got signed. So Steven knows and has played the likes of "Don't Cry" and "Back Off Bitch", among some others. It's not like "Civil War" is the only UYI song that he has ties to.

• Like 2

I really don't know why some of you think that one cant play some one else's parts, Steven is a great drummer, he can easily play UYI and CD songs.

Hell Frank only re recorded bits and pieces on CD, Brain did the main drumming. 

Just to let some of you know people can play each other parts. Slash is not only one in this world who can play Sweet Child, there are other too, but well except for Ashba lol 

4 minutes ago, Redout said:

I dont belive Keiths retraction. He was VERY clear in what he said, im sure someone told him exactly what to say in this retraction, or else. 

The fact they had to do a retraction due to what appears to be a gag order doesn't change anything. We'll find out soon enough 

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Not to be contrarian, but you know this how?  

He is a professional hall of fame drummer.. There are plenty of demos with him on some of the material and most of it was written when he was still in the band.. I think he could certainly pull it off.

6 hours ago, smoking guns said:

Adler would only play AFD and Civil War.  nothing else. 

Why not LIES? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

Anyone doubting Steven's ability to play UYI material and make it sound amazing just listen to this

Wow...listen to that pop!  And yes, lovin' the cowbell too!  Their sound really did go from "classic rock" to "hard rock" when Matt took over.  It's not even debatable.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

I know the My Michelle one you are talking about and I can't find it. Perhaps someone else can...in the meantime, I give you this from 2010.  Ain't no one that can play Rocket Queen like Steven...

Freakin' perfect.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

I know the My Michelle one you are talking about and I can't find it. Perhaps someone else can...in the meantime, I give you this from 2010.  Ain't no one that can play Rocket Queen like Steven...

I REALLY fail to see how any of you can watch this and NOT want that man on the skins!

And for the record after watching this, Yes I did immediately go downstairs and play the intro to this on my two year old daughters tiny drumset. \m/

Oh, and lest we not forget, it's HIS girlfriend being banged in the background, so theres that.

Edited by challenger70rt
  • Like 2

I'm not sure why some believe that Matt Sorum's drum parts are some technically advanced Dream Theater-esque pieces of drumming that Steven would have no chance at learning. They aren't. He doesn't play all that much different from Steven. Feel/groove debate aside, the only thing Matt did differently was do more fills on the toms. Steven favoured his cymbals and snare, but we did see some nice tom rolls in Civil War. The demos of Steven on UYI shows that Matt didn't totally abandon what Steven had come up with. Nothing Matt did was out of Steven's way from a technical standpoint - they just constructed drum parts differently. It's almost laughable that there are people who don't think Steven could handle Matt's stuff. I must have forgotten that they got Neil Peart to do the complex drum track on November Rain.

• Like 4