Adlers Appetite singer says Adler will play with GNR

1 minute ago, Karri said:

So two drummers on tour for different material, is the speculation?

Come on, what a circus act that would be.

I take Finck's Cirque du Soleil makeup and haircut circus over that.

I'm also not a fan of the two drummer set-up, but I don't think it's that. My guess is Adler will guest, maybe in Vegas or later on.

14 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Yes, he should. It sounds as if you have no idea what a reunion actually is. The original 5 members and Matt and Dizzy ie members that actually wrote/recorded music before the breakup in 1996/97 are all that qualify for a reunion.

Frank is not a member of GNR. Never has been, never will be. Axl can call his 2000's era band whatever he likes. It ain't GNR anymore than Velvet Revolver was GNR. It's a different band altogether that just happens to cover 80's and 90's GNR simply because of the vocalist.

You may prefer Frank if the band is a regrouping rather than an actual reunion, but, in an actual reunion situation -- which is what a vast majority of fans are hoping to see -- this guy isn't even on the radar and is in no way a superior choice.

Those that are extremely biased toward NEW GNR and it's musicians need to wake up to some harsh realities. One, you are in the vast minority when it comes to anything happening with the band right now. Forget hardcore original fans, you lose to the casual fan which comes in even greater numbers. Two, this website and all of its ongoing discussions wouldn't be occurring w/o the original members/band. Lastly, and most importantly, the original members play the music better than anybody else in the world -- because its their music with their idiosyncrasies stamped all over it.

If you want to see Frank and Fortus rather than Adler, Izzy, or Sorum ... then you don't really want to see GNR. You want to see a different band entirely. That's the long, short and ultimate reality of it.

Very well said! Hit the nail on the head

30 minutes ago, thunderram said:

Frank is not a member of GNR. Never has been, never will be. Axl can call his 2000's era band whatever he likes. It ain't GNR anymore than Velvet Revolver was GNR. It's a different band altogether that just happens to cover 80's and 90's GNR simply because of the vocalist.

You may prefer Frank if the band is a regrouping rather than an actual reunion, but, in an actual reunion situation -- which is what a vast majority of fans are hoping to see -- this guy isn't even on the radar and is in no way a superior choice.

Those that are extremely biased toward NEW GNR and it's musicians need to wake up to some harsh realities. One, you are in the vast minority when it comes to anything happening with the band right now. Forget hardcore original fans, you lose to the casual fan which comes in even greater numbers. Two, this website and all of its ongoing discussions wouldn't be occurring w/o the original members/band. Lastly, and most importantly, the original members play the music better than anybody else in the world -- because its their music with their idiosyncrasies stamped all over it.

If you want to see Frank and Fortus rather than Adler, Izzy, or Sorum ... then you don't really want to see GNR. You want to see a different band entirely. That's the long, short and ultimate reality of it.

There's a lot of semantics there and arguments I simply do not wish to entertain.    Needless to say, I think you are wrong.   But you are certainly entitled to your opinion. 

Peace. 

• Like 1

Guys have your say without resorting to personal attacks please. 

On topic:  I hope Steven is allowed to bang out a couple tunes, would be cool but I am under no illusions he would be able to tour much

Edited by gunsguy

14 hours ago, sonofnazareth said:

you don't know that. 

I don't have to....Duff knows...

Go google his account of what happened with Steven in Japan a few short years back...he made the mistake of taking him along to open for Loaded....its all out there...

14 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Do you know him? Maybe he's doing okay now. Sounds like you're projecting your personal feelings for someone you do know, onto Steven.

If you think Frank is a better drummer that's okay, that's your opinion. But no need to be a mean spirited little cunt about it aye?

"aye"...??

what you a pirate of summthin?? read my above post "mate"

Edited by gunners fan
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, gunners fan said:

Go google his account of what happened with Steven in Japan a few short years back...he made the mistake of taking him along to open for Loaded....its all out there...

"aye"...??

what you a pirate of summthin?? read my above post "mate"

Steven played well on that tour regardless of his vice/vices. 

14 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

There's a lot of semantics there and arguments I simply do not wish to entertain.    Needless to say, I think you are wrong.   But you are certainly entitled to your opinion. 

Peace. 

This.

On 28-3-2016 at 3:36 PM, Original said:

He's a hell of a drummer.  It's not rocket science, he's been drumming his whole life.  I also thought he played some of UYI live with Guns, but I could be wrong.  Either way, he won't butcher the songs like Frank.

**He has played Civil War with Guns and they played Don't Cry in the early days too.

and KOHD, let's not forget

3 hours ago, gunners fan said:

Wasnt this what caused Steven to go sober permanently as he was completely embarassed over the events? 

1 hour ago, action said:

and KOHD, let's not forget

He played Back Off Bitch live too. 

He would also have played Bad Obsession, in rehearsal at least, as they wrote that in the early days. Same with YCBM, that was an AFD era written song. Also, you can hear him play drums on demo versions of Locomotive, Don't Damn me, Dust N Bones and Garden of Eden on the Full Mates rehearsal on youtube. Plus he drummed on lots more uyi tracks in the writing process: Perfect Crime, November Rain, Coma, 14 Years, Yesterdays. They are listed on various rehearsal lists on setlist.com. 

So he has actually played loads of UYI.    

Edited by Nice Boy

20 hours ago, Original said:

Frank did a decent job subbing, however it's time for the big Guns to step back in.

Frank should get some of the guys together and start NuGuns era CD tribute band! There isn't one that I know of.. There has to be a demand for it right?  lol

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Frank should get some of the guys together and start NuGuns era CD tribute band! There isn't one that I know of.. There has to be a demand for it right?  lol

Good point.   People were saying how talented and good NuGuns was.  Well- let's see em go for it.  

21 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

Add me to the camp that prefers Frank be the full-time drummer. 

Much respect for Adler and Matt, but better to leave their time in the band to GnR history.    Let Frank carry that torch now.  

Torch? What torch? This is a rock band, made of mortal human beings. 

That aside, good indication Steven is in. Now we need Izzy, then they got my interest.

On 3/30/2016 at 11:26 AM, AncientEvil80 said:

Torch? What torch? This is a rock band, made of mortal human beings. 

That aside, good indication Steven is in. Now we need Izzy, then they got my interest.

Its a metaphor.

I don't think it makes much sense to split drumming duties.. Frank has done a great job the last 10 years (longer time in the band than either Adler or Sorum btw).    If he is available, I think he is the best person for this role.

If its AFD 5 for you or bust, I think you will miss out on some historic shit!   But to each their own.