Adlers Appetite singer says Adler will play with GNR

1 minute ago, CardinalGunner said:

Funny, Slash and Duff don't appear to have a problem with it.    It is what it is.  

We shouldn't rush to judgement. They've played together once for an hour and a half. Let's see what happens after several shows on the upcoming tour. For all we know, we could get some surprise songs we didn't see coming. Perhaps we won't. But something tells me we will get something from Slash/Duff's catalog during their time away from GNR, especially since they were in the same band together. Axl will find a song he likes and agree to perform it just as Duff and Slash did with the CD.

30 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

The thing about this situation with Adler, is why did Trunk tweet that he's happy for Steven?

That did happen, yeah? I'm beginning to feel that I imagined it.

He did but that was in response to the Whisky tweet which he seemed to read a lot into.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thunderram said:

We shouldn't rush to judgement. They've played together once for an hour and a half. Let's see what happens after several shows on the upcoming tour. For all we know, we could get some surprise songs we didn't see coming. Perhaps we won't. But something tells me we will get something from Slash/Duff's catalog during their time away from GNR, especially since they were in the same band together. Axl will find a song he likes and agree to perform it just as Duff and Slash did with the CD.

Hey, anythings possible.

The only difference being, CD and Better are technically Guns N' Roses songs.    Some people don't like that, but like I said, it is what it is.  

I'm down with whatever they want to play.

If they truly turned Steven down for the reunion and then booted his band from the Trub last night so they could play....that's low.  No way they would do that, that's why I think he's in.  And why the radio silence from Matt?

1 minute ago, Original said:

If they truly turned Steven down for the reunion and then booted his band from the Trub last night so they could play....that's low.  No way they would do that, that's why I think he's in.  And why the radio silence from Matt?

Steven was scheduled to play at the Whisky...

I gotta say, I'm very worried about Steven.

I understand that he has issues, but he seems nice, and has been through a lot, and has wanted this more than anyone. I don't want him to bring any harm onto himself as a result of being potentially left out of this. The fact that he's had to cancel gigs left and right because of this is also quite sad.

If he really was supposed to play and the "back injury" prevented it, I hope he can make speedy recovery so he can still play with the band while he has a chance. As a matter of fact, I hope he can still play the drums after he heals from that injury, regardless of with what band(s) he ends up playing with.

Edited by rocknroll41
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thunderram said:

Depending upon which technicality you subscribe to.

Songs released under the GnR name.  That includes the CD stuff.  That is not an opinion, that is what they are. 

Its fine to have an opinion on how they should be classified or whether they deserve to hold the name, however that is a very old and tired argument that I no longer wish to engage in.    People have opinions.   Peace.

BTW I'm open to GnR playing VR songs, Slash songs, Duff songs, or whatever else they choose to cover.   

Edited by CardinalGunner

9 hours ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I'm not really upset Adler and Izzy aren't there. I really wasn't expecting them. Cause if they played here and DIDN'T play the tour, that would have been a major fuck you to fans. At least be honest and have them not play here and maybe show up later.

What I get more upset about is it really seems Slash is just going along with whatever is happening. Duff too. No Izzy, no Adler, new girl keyboard player, Chinese songs and no other solo or VR songs, rest of the band being made up of NuGuns members. I want these guys to succeed, but it seems there's ALOT Slash and Duff are doing to appease Axl and not much Axl is doing to appease them. But maybe thats just me. I expected at least some compromises, but it just seems like Slash has joined NuGNR which is beneath him frankly.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm quite certain that sometime around 3:00am last night while I was trying to stay awake and follow everything, I read that the setlist was chosen by Duff and Slash..and that Axl said "See? Im agreeable, I'm an agreeable person" in regards to this. So that is what I'm choosing to believe ha! And I think that Axl will respond in kind and do a VR song in Vegas..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

If it makes you feel any better, I'm quite certain that sometime around 3:00am last night while I was trying to stay awake and follow everything, I read that the setlist was chosen by Duff and Slash..and that Axl said "See? Im agreeable, I'm an agreeable person" in regards to this. So that is what I'm choosing to believe ha! And I think that Axl will respond in kind and do a VR song in Vegas..

That was actually a joke by Axl to the audience.  He followed it up with something like, "I'm like Trump, I negotiate with myself."

EDIT:  From a fan review, it looks as if Axl said something along the lines that he did indeed let the band"take the lead" with the set-list...or something along those lines, and the joke came after. 

Edited by Kasanova King

37 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That was actually a joke by Axl to the audience.  He followed it up with something like, "I'm like Trump, I negotiate with myself."  Meaning he picked the set-list...or had a lot to do with it.

Dammit, why do you always have to have all the answers :lol:

• Like 1

Well it kooks like a new Guns set list with DTJ and Godfather being added. Duff brings New Rose. 

But this show was all about Slash coming back. 

But maybe it's reverse order like Izzy will come back when they play an avacado farm in Mexico and then Steven for AFD residency next year.

How is Steven? I read he was injured? Maybe thats why Slash was so intense. 

1 hour ago, 3rd Wheel said:

The legal technicality says CD and Better are Guns N' Roses songs.

And you obviously subscribe to the legal technicality. However, many others subscribe to the technicality that -- like Snakepit, VR, Loaded, JuJu Hounds, etc -- they are the result of a solo project .... a solo project that just happened to piggyback the GN'R name. So, returning full circle to the same point, it all depends upon which technicality you choose to subscribe to.

15 hours ago, stella said:

To be fair, Duff reconciled with Axl and started playing with GnR again years ago so that's old news at this point. IIRC when he showed up at that gig in London out of nowhere in 2010 or so, the first time he and Axl played together, it was a very, VERY big deal and it was reported in a number of media outlets.

Slash's return IS the big news story here, but I have seen a lot of news coverage referencing all three. Duff's not being ignored by the mainstream media.

I think that Doc McGhee and Mayhue lined it up and it wasn't coincidence. Duff probably wanted to let Axl know he was working on the book and didn't want to deal with Axl's lawyers putting roadblocks up. 

15 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Dammit, why do you always have to have all the answers :lol:

Looks like from a fan review, Axl said that he did indeed let Slash and the band take the lead on the set-list and that he was following their lead with it.  The joke came after.  I edited my post....:thumbsup:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

I think that Doc McGhee and Mayhue lined it up and it wasn't coincidence. Duff probably wanted to let Axl know he was working on the book and didn't want to deal with Axl's lawyers putting roadblocks up. 

It did sound a little too "coincidental" but that was not the point. There were posts on here implying that nobody's paid attention to Duff, and my point was that there WAS a lot of press when he played in London. There was way more attention, both in the press and online, given to that than there was to Izzy's cameo with NuGnR. 

And for what it's worth, legally, there wasn't anything Axl could have done to stop Duff's book, any more than he could have stopped Slash's, Steven's, Marc Canter's or Mick Wall's books. The law says you're allowed to write about someone for purposes of editorial comment and publish photos of them in that context without their consent. If someone's written something that is not true about a celebrity, they have to prove that the misinformation was written and published with malicious intent, among other things, in order to have a libel case. It's pretty much why almost nobody has ever been successful in suing the tabloids like the Enquirer (a few exceptions there, like Carol Burnett). There's no evidence Axl has ever tried to stop a book about him, with the sole exception of that one biography that was supposed to have a lot of info about his family, and the rumor was that he quietly bought that one out.

Edited by stella