5 hours ago, WelcomeToParadiseCity said:

This is a quote from Slash's autobiography "“For the entire Illusion tour, all two-plus years of it, we had two camera guys with us documenting every single moment. Those guys were close friends, so we really let them in and they got it all. They captured the kind of history that anyone aside from the members of the band would never see. They were out with us on this leg of the tour, of course, as was Del James, who became a de facto narrator at times, conducting interviews and telling the camera guys what was what. One night Del and the cameras caught Izzy (Stradlin) and me jamming on our acoustic guitars, just hitting loose stuff the way we did when no one was around. We fell into the pocket so naturally, and it felt comfortable and so great, that I’d love to see a tape of that. We have two years of footage, in fact, all of which is in a vault that will remain shut forever unless Axl and the rest of us get our differences ironed out. The footage is the Holy Grail of Guns N’ Roses; seeing the film that would result from condensing the best moments into two hours would be the be-all and end-all of knowing exactly who we were and who we are.”

IMO not only would the film be one of the all time great rock n roll films it would be a great way to keep fans excited as we wait for the tour and hopefully some new music. Is there any footage that's been leaked in the past couple of years?? Or any rumours regarding a GNR documentary/film? Hopefully we'll get a kickass tour, a new album, the illusions tour documentary and remastered versions of the first 4 records along with additional bonus tracks. 

soon is the word jajaja...

if management is good they will wait all the income from the tour then after all is over, release all the rare footage and full biography (movies or straight to dvd) for extra money. precious precious money.

Edited by TKesseli

5 hours ago, WelcomeToParadiseCity said:

This is a quote from Slash's autobiography "“For the entire Illusion tour, all two-plus years of it, we had two camera guys with us documenting every single moment. Those guys were close friends, so we really let them in and they got it all. They captured the kind of history that anyone aside from the members of the band would never see. They were out with us on this leg of the tour, of course, as was Del James, who became a de facto narrator at times, conducting interviews and telling the camera guys what was what. One night Del and the cameras caught Izzy (Stradlin) and me jamming on our acoustic guitars, just hitting loose stuff the way we did when no one was around. We fell into the pocket so naturally, and it felt comfortable and so great, that I’d love to see a tape of that. We have two years of footage, in fact, all of which is in a vault that will remain shut forever unless Axl and the rest of us get our differences ironed out. The footage is the Holy Grail of Guns N’ Roses; seeing the film that would result from condensing the best moments into two hours would be the be-all and end-all of knowing exactly who we were and who we are.”

IMO not only would the film be one of the all time great rock n roll films it would be a great way to keep fans excited as we wait for the tour and hopefully some new music. Is there any footage that's been leaked in the past couple of years?? Or any rumours regarding a GNR documentary/film? Hopefully we'll get a kickass tour, a new album, the illusions tour documentary and remastered versions of the first 4 records along with additional bonus tracks. 

it would be great if it was released for the 25th anniversary of the uyi albums.

Edited by supercool
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, WelcomeToParadiseCity said:

Combine that with Canter's footage and it's on... I documentary of real footage from 86-93.. Fuck yeah..

33 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My biggest hope back when Slash said things have cooled down between him and Axl was that a bunch of the old unreleased stuff might see the light of day.

An official live DVD would be awesome... I am not the biggest fan of the 92 tour with all the extra musicians and Axl's staged outfit changes.. But if not something from 87/88, then 1993 would be cool as hell.. Fuck it.. Release the best show from every year..

• Like 1

http://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=37&ti=26,37&Search_Arg=Guns%20n%20Roses&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=qaKACwgqSsrMBeOEr_KC0avQi-xo2&SEQ=20160330092439&SID=18

Guns 'n' Roses documentary footage (by Robert John Photography)

Type of Work:    Motion Picture
Registration Number / Date:    PAu003077006 / 2006-11-14
Title:    Guns ’n’ Roses documentary footage (by Robert John Photography)
Description:    36 videodiscs (DVD)
Copyright Claimant:    Robert John, 1961-
Date of Creation:    1993
Previous Registration:    Three minutes of footage prev. pub.
Basis of Claim:    New Matter: all other documentary footage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dalsh327 said:

Guns 'n' Roses documentary footage (by Robert John Photography)

Uh, isn't this just the Robert John photo book documentary that everybody's already seen?

The "holy grail" would be even better than this, although John's doco is very good too. 

Marc Canter's audio/ video tapes would be my holy grail and he has stated here in the past he would love to do a box set for the fans but the time has to be right and most likely a reconciliation with Axl.

Other than that I would love to see the 1987 British Tour Documentary that is known to exist along with any official audio of the tour shows.

There is also a rough SB boot of a 1987 Perkin Place show which would be nice to have in better quality.

Not rare shows but there are a fair number of "radio shows" popping up on Amazon UK so if you want silver disc copies a lot cheaper than bootleg prices you have a chance to grab some. Just saw the CD's for the UYI Paris and Deer Creek shows. There is a single CD version of the 87 Perkin Place Show and thee 88 Japan SB etc. 

Just saw this one today which claims to be the complete 88 Ritz show uncensored. Might even be a rip of the ones people here have offered up for download

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guns-Roses-New-York-Uncensored/dp/B016OMVZHO?ie=UTF8&keywords=Guns%20N%20Roses%20live&qid=1459351249&ref_=sr_1_18&s=music&sr=1-18

Seeing the guys high as fuck can't be the holy grail of gnr...its more interesting to see unreleased live Performances in HD (maybe some acoustics as well) and the re-recording of chinese democracy by Slash, Duff, Steven/Matt ;)

4 hours ago, supercool said:

it would be great if it was released for the 25th anniversary of the uyi albums.

I am usually dead set against remastering and tinkering with classic albums but I would sure like to see these things remixed.. Turn up Izzy and maybe remove some of the lame overdubs and crap for starters.

9 hours ago, EvH said:

Please no remastered albums, they sound great as they are. Obviously yes to the bonus tracks.

Exactly. 

A band with five studio albums in 30 years should focus on a new album rather than remastering their small body of work. 

A proper way to celebrate 30 years and to award their diehard fans would be to release a box set. 

Release CD2 with four new songs for the upcoming tour  

Next summer release a box set with the illusions footage. A brand new album from the regrouped band. And a live DVD and cd of the best of the 2016 shows. 

24 minutes ago, Apollo said:

Release CD2 with four new songs for the upcoming tour  

If they release a new album I hope to god they don't call in CD2.. Hopefully it is also a collaborative effort with only some leftover ideas from that era reworked.

i-like-turtles.jpg"The DJ was an assistant to the owner of the venue, and needless to say the owner was getting pissed. When the owner asked why Axl was being late for the thousandth time, he said: ‘Axl’s management said he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, and that Axl’s attention was 100% on the movie and couldn’t be bothered.'”

Edited by maxpax
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, maxpax said:

i-like-turtles.jpg"The DJ was an assistant to the owner of the venue, and needless to say the owner was getting pissed. When the owner asked why Axl was being late for the thousandth time, he said: ‘Axl’s management said he was watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, and that Axl’s attention was 100% on the movie and couldn’t be bothered.'”

AHHAHAHAHAH

• Like 1

I mentioned this in another thread and several times over the years, but I really hope they do something like the Third Man Records Vault someday. Doesn't have to be vinyl or anything, even though I personally would prefer that. They could do a thing where they release a soundboard or video of a show every 3 months and make a KILLING.