GNR possible album 94-97

Well, I know that currently every fan is busy with upcoming Vegas show and shit,

But I'm keep asking myself, what happend to unreleased Guns material during Wilderness years? (94-97) Or was there any songs first? I read somewhere that before Slash left band, members in like 1995 said that new album material was almost ready, was that material included in Chinese Democracy, or was it just abandoned? 

And if there's some leftovers from that era, is it possible that we get to listen to it during these shows? Maybe even new album nammed Lost Illusions.. Who knows..

Slash said that a lot of the material he brought to the table ended up on the Snakepit albums. The bits and pieces of what would later become Fall To Pieces was also brought to the table during those sessions. I think Axl and Slash have both confirmed that.

As for what ended up on CD - This I Love was around as early as 1993. Richard did say there are unreleased songs that were started when Slash was still in the band, so there's probably an endless supply of material be it half finished songs, full songs, or simply ideas that never got built upon.

I'm sure someone else can elaborate more.

Well, atleast Slash's version of CD will be interesting to listen, even if theres no new album soon, we'll see what could've been CD with Slash and Duff, and that's still better than performing same old songs over and over

Edited by Crashey
  • Like 1

According to Matt (and possibly Duff) they had an album basically ready to go in 1996. Planning when they should start the tour, etc. But then you hear things such as Axl not singing for years in the mid-90s and you wonder if the songs were that far along or not.

3 hours ago, liers said:

Wasn't the rumored name the lost garden or something like that?

I think it was shattered illusions or lost illusions lol can't remember tbh

4 hours ago, Juventino said:

According to Matt (and possibly Duff) they had an album basically ready to go in 1996. Planning when they should start the tour, etc. But then you hear things such as Axl not singing for years in the mid-90s and you wonder if the songs were that far along or not.

I'm guessing music was made and enough for a album but no added vocals due to axls writers block/inactivity during these years 

Yeah this pops up a lot, but I think it has been discussed pretty in depth.  There are no vocals, on the recordings and everything that was good has seen the light of day.  I think you can pick out the Snake pit songs that came from this because some of the music bits on that album sound straight off illusions, Be The Ball is a good example.   It also underscores how important vocals are  because sans Axl it's not as impressive.  I think Be the Ball with Axl on vocals would be in my all time top ten. 

48 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

I can't remember something about "oh my god"..  am I wrong? was it an axl idea in 1994/95 that the others found "too industrial"?

Just going off memory here, but I think Duff was the last man standing when OMG was written.

• Like 1