Marc Canter be like......

17 hours ago, recklessroad said:

I feel that I what I have set out to do has been accomplished. How it got done doen't matter to me. For 9 years ago when I first started taking part in this chat board. I came here to help people with question with Reckless Road and found it crazy to see that the fans were fighting and taking sides between Axl and Slash. I started defending mostly Axl because he was the one taking most of the hits from the fans. I explained over and over again that it was no ones fault for what went down in 1995/1996 in the breakup and tried my best to keep the peace here. No one has worked harder then me to help try to convince everyone including the band members that there was a lot of miscommunication between some of the band members and that they just needed a few years apart. I feel that I won, there has been a lot less fighting here and the band is back together and booking gigs and look to be having fun on stage. They sound great and what else is there for me to do? Im happy that has all happened. I helped  people learn about the history of the band with their questions and put together a great scrapbook with great insight about the birth of the band for everyone to enjoy and I think there really is nothing more that I can do.

Marc, we all have our opinions, as always... but in my eyes, you've done the GREATEST service to GNR, both the band and the fans, that could ever be conceived throughout all these years/decades...

If the current members of the latest GNR incarnation can't see this and acknowledge your incredible work, then it's only up to them to step down the freaking pedestal and owe you an apology at this point in time.

Hey, always IMHO.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Marc, we all have our opinions, as always... but in my eyes, you've done the GREATEST service to GNR, both the band and the fans, that could ever be conceived throughout all these years/decades...

If the current members of the latest GNR incarnation can't see this and acknowledge your incredible work, then it's only up to them to step down the freaking pedestal and owe you an apology at this point in time.

Hey, always IMHO.

This ^^^^.... YES.

Edited by Gilla999
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Guns N' Roses greatest fan?  Marc Canter.

If George Martin was the 5th Beatle, Marc Canter was the 6th Gunner. Very grateful to everything he did to help the guys in the early days with food, money, supplies, etc. and filming the early gigs so that fans today can see this stuff. The photo book was amazing too. We are lucky as hell.

• Like 1

as others who've been around a long time have stated, Marc has always been the consummate giver in his relationship with the band and its fans. as he said, he's done all that he can at this point and feels the efforts he's put into his subforum and book have finally paid-off based on the current events.

i vividly remember Marc joining the forum a couple years after i had and since then, it's been clear that this subforum has been the main reason why many of the older folks have continued checking in. there's been so many fruitful threads with real discussions in here over the many years.

while some folks have long said things like: "Marc, you should do (this or that)" with respect to Axl or other members, IMHO it's time to understand that Marc "should" only do what is right for himself and his own peace of mind.

as the saying goes.. Life is a balance of holding on and letting go.

• Like 4

On April 3, 2016 at 9:51 AM, recklessroad said:

I feel that I what I have set out to do has been accomplished. How it got done doen't matter to me. For 9 years ago when I first started taking part in this chat board. I came here to help people with question with Reckless Road and found it crazy to see that the fans were fighting and taking sides between Axl and Slash. I started defending mostly Axl because he was the one taking most of the hits from the fans. I explained over and over again that it was no ones fault for what went down in 1995/1996 in the breakup and tried my best to keep the peace here. No one has worked harder then me to help try to convince everyone including the band members that there was a lot of miscommunication between some of the band members and that they just needed a few years apart. I feel that I won, there has been a lot less fighting here and the band is back together and booking gigs and look to be having fun on stage. They sound great and what else is there for me to do? Im happy that has all happened. I helped  people learn about the history of the band with their questions and put together a great scrapbook with great insight about the birth of the band for everyone to enjoy and I think there really is nothing more that I can do.

You don't need to do anything else Marc. You've done enough and those of us who have been paying attention are grateful for all of it. Now, it's time for you, me, and everyone else to enjoy the fruits of our labor and patience... two decades worth lol. 

If I were you, I'd get ahold of one of guys on the phone or whatever and just air it out and let them know how you feel. Worse case scenario? You're in the same place you're in now. You know? Can't hurt anything... but it sure the hell can help everything. I think if you do, you'll be back stage at one the shows, hanging out like the good old days and it'll all be cool again. After all, love is the air, right?

Take care.

Edited by Nintari

On 4/3/2016 at 7:51 AM, recklessroad said:

I feel that I what I have set out to do has been accomplished. How it got done doen't matter to me. 9 years ago when I first started taking part in this chat board. I came here to help people with questions with Reckless Road and found it crazy to see that the fans were fighting and taking sides between Axl and Slash. I started defending mostly Axl because, he was the one taking most of the hits from the fans. I explained over and over again that it was no ones fault for what went down in 1995/1996 in the breakup and tried my best to keep the peace here. No one has worked harder then me to help try to convince everyone including the band members that there was a lot of miscommunication between some of the band members and that they just needed a few years apart. I feel that I won, there has been a lot less fighting here and the band is back together and booking gigs and look to be having fun on stage. They sound great and what else is there for me to do? Im happy that has all happened. I helped  people learn about the history of the band with their questions and put together a great scrapbook with great insight about the birth of the band for everyone to enjoy and I think there really is nothing more that I can do.

i feel bad i missed you here on this board. i should have been posting around the time i got Reckless Road on my bd last September. i love that book and would have liked to let you know that. anyway, if you do come back i hope you read this cos it was a great book. cheers!