A+ to the GNR marketing team

47 minutes ago, maynard said:

Absolutely, great job with the promotion. It seems to me professionals are in charge of this. The AXL/DC rumor also helped IMO. Tonight is a great night, let's celebrate the return of GNR after 23 years!

This aint GnR... No Izzy no GnR... This is GnR in name only...

• Like 1

More like D-

Only GnR would fuck this up so bad. They literally booked it all backwards. They announced the fucking festival gig first and suggested that would be where the band would reunite so when fans buy tickets hoping that would be the first gig, even though it's in a shitty festival setting, GnR decide nah fuck it let's book an arena show in Vegas and promote that as our first show. So fans including those who bought Coachella tickets decide they want Vegas tickets instead so they can be at the first show. Then they half ass announce the list of cities they hope to play this summer. No dates just a list fo cities. Then they do this marketing blitz for the Troubador gig. Only GnR can be so fucking stupid. They should have done it all in the completely opposite order. It's laughable how lame their management is and always has been.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bono said:

More like D-

Only GnR would fuck this up so bad. They literally booked it all backwards. They announced the fucking festival gig first and suggested that would be where the band would reunite so when fans buy tickets hoping that would be the first gig, even though it's in a shitty festival setting, GnR decide nah fuck it let's book an arena show in Vegas and promote that as our first show. So fans including those who bought Coachella tickets decide they want Vegas tickets instead so they can be at the first show. Then they half ass announce the list of cities they hope to play this summer. No dates just a list fo cities. Then they do this marketing blitz for the Troubador gig. Only GnR can be so fucking stupid. They should have done it all in the completely opposite order. It's laughable how lame their management is and always has been.

There's one in every thread :lol:

4 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Yeah I guess life is too boring when we all get along and agree by using our brains and common sense. I know some people like that, they'll argue that the sky is green just because.

For me, the lack of interviews and true marketing was very frustrating at times over the past couple of months, but maybe we're starting to get rewarded for it now. As long as we get pics tomorrow and the band starts doing interviews then they have my blessing.

20 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

The only marketing they need is for Izzy and Steven to be on that stage tonight and everyone will go ape-sh*t for the tour.

Ding, ding, ding... Winner... BadApples87

---------

This isn't about anything but $ for Axl, Slash and Duff... I cant bring myself to buy tickets for the New Orleans show and I live 10 minutes from the Superdome....

Not in this lifetime but I need the money - Axl

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Say what you want but I am fucking right. No ifs ands or buts about it. The promotional blitz that is happening right now IS fucking awesome but no band in the history of bands derails their own hype the way GnR does. They have done everything absolutely backwards. Literally the order in which this has been rolled out has been 100% completely backwards and if you can't see that that's your problem. 

As a fan I want to see them do great and succeed but as a fan it frustrates me to no end to see their fuckery has no limits. 

Yeah, like promoting The Troubadour first would have been the smartest move!

Millions of people around the world trying to fit in a venue with 250ppl capacity :rofl-lol:

The way its done is fine! Troubadour thing, unfortunately and for my own detriment, had to be a local thing.
Congratz to the locals!

14 minutes ago, Bono said:

Say what you want but I am fucking right. No ifs ands or buts about it. The promotional blitz that is happening right now IS fucking awesome but no band in the history of bands derails their own hype the way GnR does. They have done everything absolutely backwards. Literally the order in which this has been rolled out has been 100% completely backwards and if you can't see that that's your problem. 

As a fan I want to see them do great and succeed but as a fan it frustrates me to no end to see their fuckery has no limits. 

Were the Vegas n Coachella tickets not pricey enough for you? If they hyped em up more, fuck maybe they coulda started at 10G... Not to mention, tonight's event was $10 to the lucky few fuckers...

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

1 hour ago, Bono said:

I have to disagree with you. I think they did it in the right order. Each event revealed was more exciting than the last which simply built the hype that much more each time.

Coachella is a broad venue where more than just Gun's fans will be... most people there will likely not be Guns fans at all. Least exciting show for people who only want Guns and not the rest of the atmosphere. Which then leads to Vegas- which is a great city for people all over the world to gather for a first real Guns n' Roses full out show with Slash & Axl. It isn't as big as a stadium so fans will get a little more of an intimate feel. There was plenty of time to unload a Coachella ticket for Vegas- as many on this forum did.  Then we have the Troubadour... a tiny little place where just about no one will be able to get in and see it. The shining star of a show all Guns' fans want even if it is a terrible first show from all the rust they have to knock off. It is a pretty exclusive show that pretty much no one will be able to see anyway. No point in giving fans a chance to unload the Vegas ticket. They just kept building the excitement. If they did it in the other direction I just don't see them getting as much hype and excitement. The Troubadour show is the top peak of the interest and excitement and a great way to kick off announcing the tour date/locations and putting those shows on sale.

Edited by sanity_lost

In a taxi at 6am GMT, the mainstream rock station - Absolute Radio, the DJ is promoting a competition to win tickets to see 'reunited Guns n' Roses in the wildest city in the world' - obviously Vegas, but shows the scope their campaign is taking. 

Not just US poster stuff. He also plugged Axl's alleged role with ACDC...

i'm in advertising and this topic is just brilliant! Love this place sometimes.