Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

12 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

To anybody who says he is not belong to this band or they rather have Pitman in the band should be go out and get in touch with reality a little bit. It's 2016, not 1988 or 1992

You're dumb. Almost every post you make on here is either trying to get into an argument or to make a stupid comment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah I mean idk.. I don't care if it sounds sexist it's just strange to me to bring a woman into this band. I guess pitman really screwed up :lol:

Yeah, that's a sexist statement... 

I'''m really surprised about this viewpoint because if you look back at their earliest club days, they were more feminine (glam) than your average 70-80's glam band, lol

Not to mention the band's name (Roses) and Rocket Queen which is originally written by a girl's POV etc... and since this thing is all about the AFD nostalgia, then i really don't see why iT's bad

Edited by Strange Broue

33 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

For real. You have to wonder how this decision was reached.

The pic I posted says it all. She doesn't fit. It's like one of Duff's daughters is up there playing with them.

i just find it so discouraging because it bloats the band and disrupts their identity even further. frankly, i find it embarrassing because of what it symbolizes.

since the conclusion of the AFD tour, Axl's vision of the future was for a huge ensemble band that he would have complete control over. he took the necessary steps at that time and bullied his way into making that happen.

thus a move like this is just a microcosm of the never-ending dysfunction and the rudderless ship that is 'GNR'. this is nowhere close to being a real band, it's just a trademark.

"Team Brazil" (laughable name) is a group of enablers who've always been deathly afraid of losing their meal ticket. they have zero clue as to how the music industry works. i mean, it's just embarrassing.

their only goal is to sell one huge 'reunion' tour and then cash out with Axl. it was the last card they could play to keep the trademark alive. Slash and Duff knew it going in, so they made sure to secure contracts in their favor.

1 minute ago, Strange Broue said:

Well thanks buddy

I doN't give a flying about your opinion, though

Obviously... but I'll just put you on ignore, that's probably best, I'm tired of looking at that profile pic in every thread on every page anyway. Spam much?

Pitman must have offended the Axl in a big way (presumably he was already out when he made his cash grab comments on facebook)! He was one of the original 'nu' members along with Stinson, ''playing the fuck out of the old stuff''. I wonder what happened? Perhaps Slash and Duff saw him for what he was which is of course a complete arse but the decision to chop him is always going to rest with Axl.

PS

Although maybe it is a simple case of Pitman, a bit tipsy online, speaking his mind in calling the thing a cash grab on fb and being sacked as a consequence? If that is the situation I am crediting Pitman with far more independence and bollocks than I had previously credited him with (although he did offer an apology later, blaming the booze).

Also, when you think about it, Stinson/Bumble/Ashba ditched: these people did tour together and no doubt forged friendships. There might be some loyalty there, and resentment of them being jettisoned like an used tampon? (I'm sure Graeme agrees with this).

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

Just now, EvanG said:

Obviously... but I'll just put you on ignore, that's probably best, I'm tired of looking at that profile pic in every thread on every page anyway. Spam much?

yes

The more you quote me, the more answers you get from me and you must saw my ugly profile picture

In fact i thought i would change it, but as you now mentioned i keep it just to piss off people like you

On topic: I really don't think this chick will stick with the band

5 minutes ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Welcome to her, ANYTHING but Shitman. 

In fact THIS should be applauded as the best thing about the whole bloody night! :-D

Pitman's gone! I didn't necessarily want him replaced at all but nevertheless at least that towel waving prick is out of the band.

Now, I wonder if she's a full member or a "touring" member.

1 hour ago, bigpoop said:

I don't see her being young and female as a problem. The problem is there are more people on the stage that weren't  in the real GNR than people that were. 4-3.

I have also always felt that, but if they desperately crave a second keyboard player I think a young woman is a better way to go, she is just so obviously not intended to be an additional "real" band member. I'd rather a woman with a completely different style than a seventh or an eight male rocker in his 40s or 50s. That creates a bunch! 

2 hours ago, Bobbo said:

:shrugs:

they had two keyboardists during the illusions anyways, and at least she brings some fresh life into this "regroupening". I doubt we'll even be able to hear her anyways, and it's a nicer face to look at than that kiddy gobblin lookin mother fucker.

that being said, good night gang. Tonight's been so freaky and awesome. Holy fuck :lol:

Time to take Shitman off wiki :lol:

They had two keyboard players during the worst pat of the Illusions tour.. aside from the last couple weeks in 1991 it was only in 1992.. In 1993 they stripped itall back down and it was ten times better.

It's weird how people can say she's a "great addition" or can give any opinion really if they weren't there. We have no video footage to go off of. Whether or not someone is right for a band should ultimately depend on how good their playing is and if they have the ability to compliment the playing of their band mates. We really have no idea at this moment.

Welcome, Melissa.

• Like 1

Just now, GNRSkidRow1 said:

It's weird how people can say she's a "great addition" or can give any opinion really if they weren't there. We have no video footage to go off of. Whether or not someone is right for a band should ultimately depend on how good their playing is and if they have the ability to compliment the playing of their band mates. We really have no idea at this moment.

Welcome, Melissa.

Yeah, this goes for both sides. I've seen people saying she's bad and people saying she's great. There's really no idea (yet) for any of us to know if either are true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yourcrazy said:

I am dissapointed that Adler and Izzy were not there to kick t his off, and I really do not think another key board player is necessary, but we will see how it goes.  

Yeah, the whole thing just took somewhat of a nose dive.. This is again.. More NuGnR than an reunion.. Disappointed in Slash and Duff.. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Here here. I don't care who's in the band as long as they can play.

I can see if you are talking about a football team.. But not a band... This is just insane.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is a bit gimmicky, like when Crue had that female drummer.

for a tour because theirs got cancer.. And there were two drummers..

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I can see if you are talking about a football team.. But not a band... This is just insane.

for a tour because theirs got cancer.. And there were two drummers..

You're right. That's not how I meant it exactly. I meant specifically regarding the "second keyboardist" position.