Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

15 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

The more people hate on Melissa for being a woman, keyboard player, young, AND in Guns N' Fuckin' Roses, the more I love her.

+1

Been a long day and I'm out of likes, but here you go.

Just logged in to post that it's fuckin hilarious to watch the people that were complaining about a nostalgia cash grab are now complaining because they don't have the nostalgic lineup on stage. This is a sign that they want to be more than just a greatest hits act. They want to prolong the moment. That's a good sign for the future(or at least the intent).

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Eh, if two keyboardists really must be needed to fit Axl's "vision," than anything is better than Pitman (as others have said).

so welcome aboard.

Look at the setlist.. What fucking songs needs two keyboardists besides better which they shouldn't play anyway? None of them.. None of them need any keyboards for the most part but people deal with Dizzy.

6 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Yes!

Honestly, I'm quite disappointed in the casual sexism in this thread. It's not the first time GN'R have a new keyboard player, and people are losing it because this keyboard player has tits. 

She's doing a job. I encourage you all to discuss the quality of work she has done and might do.

If I were at work and my colleagues only ever wanted to talk about my physical appearance, or how I might be good at cooking, I'd be pissed off.

Melissa, welcome. :headbang:

We are taking the piss Gracii, at least I am and I suspect Len - that British pasttime of piss pulling. These days, I personally couldn't care if they replaced Axl and Slash with women - such is my disinterested cynicism.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

We are taking the piss Gracii, at least I am and I suspect Len - that British pasttime of piss pulling. These days, I personally couldn't care if they replaced Axl and Slash with women - such is my disinterested cynicism.

I know you guys are, because I know what you are like. I'm afraid that I have to look at things more critically in Discussion and News than AG- because there are many new fans here who will read what you guys write and think that this is how we operate, and either contribute themselves or leave us completely. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Strange Broue said:

Yeah, that's a sexist statement... 

I'''m really surprised about this viewpoint because if you look back at their earliest club days, they were more feminine (glam) than your average 70-80's glam band, lol

Not to mention the band's name (Roses) and Rocket Queen which is originally written by a girl's POV etc... and since this thing is all about the AFD nostalgia, then i really don't see why iT's bad

Eh, I see its kind of bad. Again don't care if it's sexist it's true.

At least she's brains gf tho..:lol:

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Look at the setlist.. What fucking songs needs two keyboardists besides better which they shouldn't play anyway? None of them.. None of them need any keyboards for the most part but people deal with Dizzy.

True.

but I like seeing a young girl in the band haha. Idk why, it just feels kinda cool to me.

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They weren't "members" of the band and they only contributed to a couple songs.. That over bloated part of the tour was only for one year. Thankfully... They got it right in 1993 when they stripped it back to 6 and the shows were amazing.

Whether they are an official member or not, what practical difference does it make, if they are on stage playing, they are part of the band. The whole membership issue is a moot point anyway; e.g. Matt Sorum being described as "additional musician" on Live Era.

It is actually gimmicky and I will tell you why. Guns are a highly misogynist band (strippers etc). So the idea of chucking a young girl in there produces a gimmick effect. Crue applied the exact same gimmick awhile back. It is different from male musicians simply working with female musicians - which happens all the time as the require a female voice (e.g. Linda Rondstadt).

Edited by DieselDaisy