Slash's Demeanor Last Night At The Troubadour

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

With all due respect, I just plain have to lol at a lot of posts in this thread. There's simply NO way for any of us to be jumping to all of these conclusions based on the tiny amount of bad video clips available.

Based on this post, with its inappropriate burst of laughter, it is safe to say you definitely have some kind of Tourettes Syndrome.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Based on this post, with its inappropriate burst of laughter, it is safe to say you definitely have some kind of Tourettes Syndrome.

Because of laughing at people saying things like "Slash might be depressed" based on 5-10 clips and one 2 minute video? If anything, that seems like a wildly approprate situation for laughter.

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Because of laughing at people saying things like "Slash might be depressed" based on 5-10 clips and one 2 minute video? If anything, that seems like a wildly approprate situation for laughter.

Sorry, I failed at satire. I was jokingly copying those that diagnose Slash from afar based on virtually nothing by doing the same to you.

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Sorry, I failed at satire. I was jokingly copying those that diagnose Slash from afar based on virtually nothing by doing the same to you.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I got you now. Well done :lol: wasn't so much a failure on your part as a failure on mine.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I got you now. Well done :lol: wasn't so much a failure on your part as a failure on mine.

Let's blame the guiness I was drinkign at the moment and the rush of having to finish it quickly while typing to get to boarding at the airport in time.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ant said:

You can't blame the CSI:GNR tendencies of fans, really... we're damaged goods.... we've been through the ringer... we have some serious lingering trauma.

It'll all be exorcised when the fireworks go off in the summer air as Paradise City plays into the night.

I can dig that and I sincerely meant the "all due respect" part of my post. I don't mean to demean anyone for their posts. I just really think some people are going a little far on this one. 

• Like 1

As I said, you are comparing it with slash in 1987-93 when he was drunk and showing off, pulling rock hero shapes to the ladies in the front row. Now he is more professional and less showey off. Once glance at Made in Stoke will prove this.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

As I said, you are comparing it with slash in 1987-93 when he was drunk and showing off, pulling rock hero shapes to the ladies in the front row. Now he is more professional and less showey off. Once glance at Made in Stoke will prove this.

Well, if Axl can be just like he was in the 80s why can't Slash? Sorry, that came out wrong. What I meant was: If Axl can't be just like he was in the 80s, why can Slash? 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

Well, if Axl can be just like he was in the 80s why can't Slash? Sorry, that came out wrong. What I meant was: If Axl can't be just like he was in the 80s, why can Slash? 

Either can act how they want but this is how Slash carries himself now. As I said, check out Made in Stoke and the Roxy. He is a lot more professional now. If you look at the old shows he was hammered a lot of the time; there is a moment on the deer creek video where he goes up to the mic and goes, ''yehh man, we are having a fucking blast''.

• Like 1

The micro-analyzing that's happened on this is insane. You could probably cherry-pick a few minute of video from any concert they've ever played and find a thousand things in it that had no relationship to the truth.

Slash and Duff have no reasons to be there unless they want to be there at this point in their lives. They're not hurting for money and they have their own projects. It's not 1993.

Let clarify my original post a bit: I was at the troubadour that night. I did not get in, but I listened to the whole set from the outside (which was still incredible). I stuck around at the end to ask random concert goer's their thoughts and more than a few mentioned Slash's demeanor. That piqued my curiosity. Then I read a couple of published reviews from other outlets and they mentioned the same thing.

Am I sounding the alarms for Armageddon? Lol, no, I think they'll be just fine.

GnR has not only fascinated me on a musical level all of these years, but also on a personal level regarding band dynamics. I think we can all agree that they're one of a kind ;) So I decided to bring it up here in the forum to discuss because I thought it was interesting that there were enough random folks coming to the same conclusion. That's all.      

Slash is a quiet guy plus being for the first time on a tiny stage with Axl had his part but he wasn't static I saw him jumping and moving

he's basically in a new band with new bandmates so it will take time to adapt and he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Did you see the vid of paradise city in the made in Stoke vid? When he takes a break for a second during the chord changes of the chorus, he points at a woman in the chord and gestures that she has big tits? Brilliant!

16 hours ago, Ace Spade said:

We still don't even know what's happened between them, and we won't until one of them decides to actually tell us.

Exactly. I'm sure there were other factors that influenced Slash and Axl back then. Many pressures Axl especially felt regarding the UYI cds and then touring. whatever the reasons, it's amazing to me how they got over it, but 23 years is a long time and I'm sure both of them felt the time was right to reconcile and become GNR again.

I commend both Axl and Slash for doing this. I know how hard it is to get over something someone did to you. I still haven't made up with that person and probably never will.

Just now, lukepowell1988 said:

From what I have seen he seemed to be enjoying himself I think we need to bare in mine neither him Axl or Duff could let loose on stage that night considering the venue size 

Yes, just like he didn't let loose on stage at the Troubadour back in the 80s.

12 minutes ago, Nintari said:

I think people are just noticing that Slash isn't 25 years old anymore and high/drunk off his ass lol. 

That's my thought as well.....I just watched the most recent clip of Brownstone and he looks very into up it up close.   I do think he was nervous and it seems Axl was much more friendly towards him than vice versa.  But, a lot of this is the age and lack of lubricants :)

Edited by tsinindy

Based on the small number of  clips I've seen, I agree with the OP.  Having seen Slash perform live many times, he did look a little uncomfortable.  And granted, we didn't get to see much, but it did strike me that I didn't notice any eye contact whatsoever.  I think someone also mentioned Slash didn't say a word, which is a little odd.   But I'm sure it was a combination of many things.  It was a big night for fans, but an even bigger night for those guys on a deeper and more personal level.  And Slash sounded like he kicked ass as always, so I'm not too concerned.  

• Like 1