Slash's Demeanor Last Night At The Troubadour

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

You can't replace Slash in Guns n Roses, and you can't replace Axl either. I'm not saying Slash tried replacing Axl (because it was a different band). But it does piss me off when people say things like "Myles sings gnr songs better than Axl." I firmly believe anyone that actually thinks this is A. a moron and B. Has NO idea what rock and roll is really about.

They will ALWAYS be better together than apart, these new videos prove that. Sure Axl can get another guitar player that can play the songs and Slash can get another singer to song the songs, but it's not guns n roses. It lacks the spirit, it lacks the feel, it's just not real.

I supported Axl through all the "lost" years, but I see the truth now. Sure both Axl and Slash can make good, perhaps great music without the other one. But THE ONLY way they can make timeless music is with the other one? Why? Because it's just the way it's supposed to be, it's fate. Jimmy Page needed Robert Plant, and vice versa. Axl and Slash NEED each other also, I just hope they both realize that now.

Absolutely. I saw NuGNR a lot and always had a great time. I really enjoy ChiDem. But I also like a lot of Lennon and McCartney solo stuff but they were never as good apart as they were together.

Also, as much as I love just about everything Axl has tried to do musically, I think he (and many others, including myself) perform better when there is someone else involved that can help focus him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shades said:

Slash should remember he is easily replaced, and will be again if he doesn't fall in line and stay in line. Just shut up and play

:lol:

I guess you got tired of trolling the politics thread in Anything Goes so you decided to come here and mess with the fans?  Stop the nonsense already Shades...lol.

For one, G N' R's 3+ million per show payday ends the second Slash leaves the band...that's a FACT.  They will immediately go back to playing smaller arenas, in front of maybe 5k- 10k people..and their pay would decrease by as much as 90% per show.  So if you believe this is a money grab, like you said in your other post, then Slash is in no way replaceable.  So which one is it? Is Slash easily replaceable or is this a money grab?...because it can't be both.  Don't contradict yourself like Trump now, Shades.....:lol:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

:lol:

I guess you got tired of trolling the politics thread in Anything Goes so you decided to come here and mess with the fans?  Stop the nonsense already Shades...lol.

For one, G N' R's 3+ million per show payday ends the second Slash leaves the band...that's a FACT.  They will immediately go back to playing smaller arenas, in front of maybe 5k- 10k people..and their pay would decrease by as much as 90% per show.  So if you believe this is a money grab, like you said in your other post, then Slash is in no way replaceable.  So which one is it? Is Slash easily replaceable or is this a money grab?...because it can't be both.  Don't contradict yourself like Trump now, Shades.....:lol:

no, actually the title of the thread is "Slash's demeanor" my theory is just that neither party, Slash nor Axl is into this tour in the creative sense. Rock n roll is about the party , and obviously this is not and will not be a party. It's a businees venture. And shame for the "fans"

I saw the original band the original band 4 times, and it was a party.. I saw the new GNR 3 times, not so much, but at least there was a little creativity beforehand with New GNR. This tour is oldies but goodies, like Woodstock II in upstate New York, you just can't recreate what once was. You could give me front row with back stage passes and I would not go.

• Like 1

A couple of notes on Slash in this review (definitely worth a read, the whole thing sounds amazing)

http://voidau.com/2016/04/04/guns-n-roses-reunite-the-troubadour-los-angeles-live-review-by-nath-core/

Looks  like he was pretty happy to me! 

Ok so I've just started posting here and haven't got the hang of everything yet. The quotes aren't really showing up for me, but they're in the link is you can't see them ?

Slash was in the crowd’s face, poking his tongue out in a “I’m loving this” way. Even his top hat and curly fro couldn’t conceal his big stoked grin all night.

The set melted into “Mr. Brownstone” became a giant love-in with Axl, Slash and Duff interacting with each other, hugging each other and leaning on each other and playing off each other’s vibes. The band and the singer were all on fire. Everyone was singing and dancing, myself included. The sound, as usual at the Troub, was incredible

Edited by Rock-it queen
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, shades said:

no, actually the title of the thread is "Slash's demeanor" my theory is just that neither party, Slash nor Axl is into this tour in the creative sense. Rock n roll is about the party , and obviously this is not and will not be a party. It's a businees venture. And shame for the "fans"

I saw the original band the original band 4 times, and it was a party.. I saw the new GNR 3 times, not so much, but at least there was a little creativity beforehand with New GNR. This tour is oldies but goodies, like Woodstock II in upstate New York, you just can't recreate what once was. You could give me front row with back stage passes and I would not go.

Have you seen any of the clips from the Troubadour?  Have you read any of the comments from fans that were there?  Have you read any of the professional reviews of the show?

Every clip that has been leaked shows a party atmosphere with Axl, the band and the crowd going nuts and having fun.  Every comment I've read from fans that were there said Axl seemed to be having a blast on stage and just about every comment I read from fans said it was one of the best or the best show they're ever been to.  Every review I've read has been spectacular. 

Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, shades said:

Even if it was the Appetite 5, you would still not have the energy they produced 30 years ago. They are all much older. Slash has slowed down due to heart issues and simply not having the booze/heroin to help loosen him up on stage. Steven has slowed down due to his stroke. Duff is in great shape but has slowed down because he's older and no longer has cocaine/booze fueling his performance. Axl is not in great shape anymore and has slowed down as a result of that plus age in general. Izzy has never been the most demonstrative on stage, but he was still a lot more active in 80's GNR shows than any of the gigs he performed in 2006 for instance.

Based on the evidence I've seen, they put on a great show for dudes in their 50's. Axl's voice was in much better shape than we are used to seeing at this stage of his career. Slash, Duff, and the others did a very good job on the music. And there was plenty of positive energy in the room. Lots of smiling, etc.

Edited by GNRfan2008

hey look, I apologize for the negativity to anyone who is amped about the shows. Have fun.. It still beats anything else out there, and it's not like they're Rolling Stones old, they can still play... enjoy them while they're here.

Edited by shades
  • Like 1