07/01/16 - Chicago, IL - Soldier Field

downzy

Guys, I'm checking out the SpotHero app and I see 35 dollars for parking 15 minutes away from Soldier Field. For those have done concerts at Soldier Field before, you think thats the best I'm gonna get or should I wait the day of. In your experience does it go up or down closer to the event? It seems they really jacked prices up knowing it's Guns N Roses, but with lower ticket sales than expected maybe demand won't be that high. What do you think? 

2 hours ago, froghat said:

Guys, I'm checking out the SpotHero app and I see 35 dollars for parking 15 minutes away from Soldier Field. For those have done concerts at Soldier Field before, you think thats the best I'm gonna get or should I wait the day of. In your experience does it go up or down closer to the event? It seems they really jacked prices up knowing it's Guns N Roses, but with lower ticket sales than expected maybe demand won't be that high. What do you think? 

Parking in general is really jacked up in Chicago....however, 35 dollars 15 minutes away seems a good deal to me. 

13 hours ago, froghat said:

$54 and you can tailgate before the show, and be 5 minutes away from the entrance. Www.soldierfield.clickandpark.com

Edited by QC GNR 57

FYI, Ticketmaster has now released GA tickets in both sections. I was able to call earlier to upgrade my seats to GAs. Hope that helps some of y'all.

I'm still selling 2 in A6 and 1 in GA1 right now. I know I'm not likely to sell now that seats are readily available in all sections on Ticketmaster, but if any kind souls need tickets, I am happy to share mine.

Edit: The GA has sold. A6 still available. 

Edit 2: I was able to upgrade my A6 to GA Pit 1 this morning, so I am now selling a pair in that section. 

Edit 3: All tickets have sold.

Edited by olga

Olga, I requested an exchange for my 2 tix to the PIT and they said they will let me know within 72 hours due to Box Office Discretion.Did you have to wait at all? Hope they let me know within 72 hours,cuz  the show IS this Friday...

3 hours ago, olga said:

FYI, Ticketmaster has now released GA tickets in both sections. I was able to call earlier to upgrade my seats to GAs. Hope that helps some of y'all.

I'm still selling 2 in A6 and 1 in GA1 right now. I know I'm not likely to sell now that seats are readily available in all sections on Ticketmaster, but if any kind souls need tickets, I am happy to share mine.

37 minutes ago, RecipeForDisaster84 said:

Olga, I requested an exchange for my 2 tix to the PIT and they said they will let me know within 72 hours due to Box Office Discretion.Did you have to wait at all? Hope they let me know within 72 hours,cuz  the show IS this Friday...

I didn't have to wait. It took about a 20 minute phone call, but the representative was able to confirm that he made the switch before I hung up. My boyfriend had called earlier to upgrade his tickets and had the same experience that I did. Hope they're able to make the change for you! They put you in a tough position by saying you have to wait to find out if it went through or not. 

16 minutes ago, olga said:

I didn't have to wait. It took about a 20 minute phone call, but the representative was able to confirm that he made the switch before I hung up. My boyfriend had called earlier to upgrade his tickets and had the same experience that I did. Hope they're able to make the change for you! They put you in a tough position by saying you have to wait to find out if it went through or not. 

Thanks for response.I just called an hour ago,The representative said there was only a few PIT tix left,I have no idea but maybe that's why they are making me wait.Although I would prefer to be closer in PIT if they grant my request,Ill still be happy with my original seats.Thanks for your input Olga!

On June 28, 2016 at 8:19 AM, QC GNR 57 said:

$54 and you can tailgate before the show, and be 5 minutes away from the entrance. Www.soldierfield.clickandpark.com

Agree.  No way I'm  walking 15 minutes (probably more like 30 with thousands of people meandering).  Spend the extra $20 and your good to go in the lot.  It's only the cost of 1 beer!

25 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Is the July 1st still considered sold out? I just wonder since the last couple of shows have blocked off the upper deck

It was at one point..but I just looked a bit ago and there are a fair amount of seats left all throughout the stadium.  Not a lot...but they are there.  

38 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Is the July 1st still considered sold out? I just wonder since the last couple of shows have blocked off the upper deck

It sold enough (say 80% +) to meet the threshold to add a night 2.   Tomorrow should be best crowd of summer I'm guessing.  Sunday- Yeesh.   Embarrassing.  They should almost pass out Sunday Tix to tomorrow's crowd as they enter. 

16 minutes ago, Original said:

It sold enough (say 80% +) to meet the threshold to add a night 2.   Tomorrow should be best crowd of summer I'm guessing.  Sunday- Yeesh.   Embarrassing.  They should almost pass out Sunday Tix to tomorrow's crowd as they enter. 

Do you think they manage to sell enough for it not to be embarrassing for Sunday's show? Sucks they will go from the best crowd to worst crowd of summer. I am really following the ticket sales hoping it's a very successful tour. Really think they should have went with the arena route. 

36 minutes ago, Original said:

IMO, whoever is running things at ticketmaster needs to be fired.

57 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

It was at one point..but I just looked a bit ago and there are a fair amount of seats left all throughout the stadium.  Not a lot...but they are there.  

With ticketmaster who really knows how many seats are left? I'm sorry, but it bugs the shit out of me. I was hyped up yesterday thinking KC was gonna be close to a sell out according to ticketmaster. As of now it looks like the Houston show that I'm  going to has sold well, but again who knows? I guess I'll  play the ticket carousel in a few weeks.

40 minutes ago, BuckinTN said:

Do you think they manage to sell enough for it not to be embarrassing for Sunday's show? Sucks they will go from the best crowd to worst crowd of summer. I am really following the ticket sales hoping it's a very successful tour. Really think they should have went with the arena route. 

I said it before- should have been Chicago (one night), Dallas (one night) and Met Life (2 nights) as far as stadiums. Then massive arena tour.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Original said:

I said it before- should have been Chicago (one night), Dallas (one night) and Met Life (2 nights) as far as stadiums. Then massive arena tour.  

I don't think they could fit in a massive arena tour this year.

12 minutes ago, Original said:

Even though these shows aren't sellouts, they are still huge crowds and the numbers are probably looking fine.  For Chicago, selling out just the A sections on the floor is about $750k (without even factoring in the more expensive VIP packages).  Night 2 looks bad, but they don't need to tear down and setup the stage again or travel.  Unfortunately, they don't get to print anymore shirts that say "SOLD OUT" across all the tour dates...