08/09/16 - San Francisco, CA - AT&T Park

downzy

Wow. Just...wow! What a great show! Axl seemed to be in a really good and playful mood with the crowd. I couldn't be happier with the experience (excepting, of course, an Izzy or Adler appearance). Now, if we could just get some news about new music. Or another leak....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DTV88 said:

Wow. Just...wow! What a great show! Axl seemed to be in a really good and playful mood with the crowd. I couldn't be happier with the experience (excepting, of course, an Izzy or Adler appearance). Now, if we could just get some news about new music. Or another leak....

Agree.....out of this world show and Axl was absolutely in a terrific mood. They all were! :)

Soooo, our local radio station is giving away tickets to the Seattle show tomorrow and I told them how I was going to the SF show (wrote to them Monday) and they asked me to review it and I did with some pics and this was their response... Makes me want to see them even more! Sounds like a happy Axl and that makes for a good show. Great review and pics are fine!! Would it be okay if I shared your review and photos with our FB audience? I'll reference "FOX friend Melina"

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

So when people don't like the same songs that you guys do...it's because they are ignorant? Interesting logic.

yes    :awesomeface:

No. Seriously, they seemed to be people who only knew whatever played on MTV (thus ignorant).

And more interested in beer and selfies with Slash playing behind them... So, ya. I'm judging with a "WTF"...

19 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Crazy thing is he brought it big time for AC/DC on raspy songs like Thunderstruck and Hells Bells. I think he had more to prove with AC/DC fans. He knows the GN'R fanbase will support him regardless. 

This is stupid. AC/DC songs are much easier to sing than 90% of GNR. Their music is straight ahead full blast and GNR has a lot of subtle and nuanced points in most songs and Axl has to do gymnastics to pull off the harder ones. GNR songs are very hard to sing. Anyone who sings even as an amateur would recognize this

21 minutes ago, melonhead87 said:

This is stupid. AC/DC songs are much easier to sing than 90% of GNR. Their music is straight ahead full blast and GNR has a lot of subtle and nuanced points in most songs and Axl has to do gymnastics to pull off the harder ones. GNR songs are very hard to sing. Anyone who sings even as an amateur would recognize this

And yet Axl said one of the AC/DC songs was the most difficult thing he has ever sang. But let's not take his word for it. 

Just now, melonhead87 said:

I actually wish they would take that song out of the set list permanently. The speed and the register is so hard to accomplish, especially the latter part. I don't think most fans would mind.

Uhhh this fan would lol! That was the song I was most looking forward to hearing and rocking out too and me and the crowd did just that! 

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

Uhhh this fan would lol! That was the song I was most looking forward to hearing and rocking out too and me and the crowd did just that! 

Okay okay haha I associate it with my childhood and T2 as I assume a lot of people do. Just seems like one of the tougher songs for him no matter the circumstances.

3 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I would guess a lot of people still want to hear YCBM, especially with Slash on guitar. 

You are correct, they most certainly do. As someone who was a teenager when Guns released the Illusion albums I can tell you that Knockin On Heavens Door and You Could Be Mine were on the radio every single day. As far as MTV goes You Could Be Mine, Estranged, November Rain and Don't Cry seemed to play just about everyday. Those were the days.

• Like 3

If anyone's interested, as requested I posted my story about my audition for what later became Velvet Revolver, along with links to a couple of the songs.... in this location:

If that's not the appropriate location for such a post, or if you think there's a better location, please feel free to repost it there.