Frank Ferrer

7 minutes ago, silkchild said:

Never, ever been happy with him behind the kit! :( I was on here 10 years ago, transition seemed to be smooth amongst most? Brain was a real loss imo. Frank wont ever leave though! Time to step aside.

Brain would be a huge step up over this dude..

• Like 1

Respect the past but look to the future. 

I guess falling back on the AFD 5 is too much of a dead end creatively. Ok some think more AFD is the best you can do. But really that's not really being creative, and they'd probably never capture the true spirit or lightning in a bottle again. GNR was always real. They can't sing about liquor and whores life when sitting in mansions or 5 star hotels. And look at Sorum on YCBM or Estranged. It was something fresh that worked. Same with Brain on CD tracks like Better, TWAT, Prostitute. It's something fresh that works. Same with Frank potentially they can make a fresh new album. He might be perfect to do AFD style to CD era stuff and beyond on one record. Now that would be a great self titled GNR record. 

With Steven all you can really do is try to remake AFD. But it really limits the band. People say he can play all the UYI material but in interviews he says it all sucks and he'd only want to do Civil War. Do we really want no chance of an Estranged or TWAT because Steven can't be bothered? 

Maybe it's too early for the pure nostalgia of the AFD line up doing a Vegas residency. It's not like I want to stop Steven being happy but I see some downsides potential to his inclusion. 

But honestly if they aren't thinking new record they should put him in for run at least. 

It's kind of still the get out of jail free card they all have. 

• Like 4

I agree that it will be interesting to see if this is a working band or just a touring band. Though I'd like to see guest spots from other lineups maybe, I fear that too much of that turns it into the latter. I'd rather this incarnation produced stuff together.

Edited by smoke

10 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Black Sabbath a small niche lol.. They are one of the most influential bands of all time... There isn't even an argument there..

Get the Sabbath out of your a$$, we're talking music here. Which is a very vast universe indeed, and Sabbath is just a drop. 

Re-read my post, I said Ward can ben as much influential as you want him to be, but he's not a monster. His name is tied to that band, however "big" that band may be. 

It's not a biggie to me. Frank plays the songs well, and the band are happy.

Sorum would be great - but his drum sound on the UYI tour was pretty shite. Steven probably my ideal choice, but definite reliability issues.

i think GNR fans just like to complain. We spend years saying (*insert guitarists name) isn't Slash. We get Slash back . We get Duff back.

Now we say we don't like Frank. You know what, if Steven replaced Frank tomorrow - some of you would start moaning about the clothing assistant or Axl's whistle manufacturer.

The band sounds fantastic and they look great together. Isn't that enough?

• Like 3

Frank should not be the drummer. Neither should Brain. The fact is you have two willing and able, LEGIT Guns N Roses drummers available and they are both on the outside looking in. It's pretty absurd to be honest. 

• Like 1

If they (mainly Axl) could time travel back to 1990, I doubt Matt would be given the UYI tour again either. Nice guy but he drained the energy from the AFD songs. He wouldn't be any better now when less time will be given to UYI tracks. Steven is allegedly out of action injured, and if not then it's a cover for something worse. Whether it's Steven's fault or not, it's the level or reliability everyone feared from him when it comes to completing a major tour. He couldn't even make a guest slot at the first show.

Case closed as far as I can see. Frank FTW and I hope Steven enjoys a full recovery and gets his moment with Axl, Slash and Duff and that Matt has a blast with Hollywood Vampires.

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Frank should not be the drummer. Neither should Brain. The fact is you have two willing and able, LEGIT Guns N Roses drummers available and they are both on the outside looking in. It's pretty absurd to be honest. 

I am fraid Steven isn't able.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bono said:

Steven absolutely, but I dont get your reasoning, Matt should be GNRs drummer, because hes Matt? The drummer for a band should not be choosen by which albums he recorded or when he joined them, but because he sounds GOOD and whos style FITS the band. Matts drumming was too stiff for GNR. Having Matt just cause hes Matt is idiotic. Steven is the only one who both sounds good and fits with gnr. Brain sounds good but he doesnt fit, and neither does frank. That said, Matt is still a slightly better choice than frank, but it's really not that big of a difference, it's like choosing between 2 turds.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

43 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Having Matt just cause hes Matt is idiotic. Steven is the only one who both sounds good and fits with gnr. Brain sounds good but he doesnt fit, and neither does frank. That said, Matt is still a slightly better choice than frank

That reads like some kind of cryptic drummer riddle lol

59 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Steven absolutely, but I dont get your reasoning, Matt should be GNRs drummer, because hes Matt? The drummer for a band should not be choosen by which albums he recorded or when he joined them, but because he sounds GOOD and whos style FITS the band. Matts drumming was too stiff for GNR. Having Matt just cause hes Matt is idiotic. Steven is the only one who both sounds good and fits with gnr. Brain sounds good but he doesnt fit, and neither does frank. That said, Matt is still a slightly better choice than frank, but it's really not that big of a difference, it's like choosing between 2 turds.

Seriously GTFO with this crap notion that Matt doesn't fit GnR. Do you like the Illusion albums? Did you enjoy the Illusion era  tour? This bullshit revisionist, hipster wannbe attitude that Matt doesn't fit GnR and doesnt' sound good is such fucking horseshit I'm not even sure why I dignify it with a response. Not for one second did any of you who spew this bullshit claim this crap when the Illusions came out and not one of you actually believe that Matt's drumming doesn't fit or sound good on the Illusion albums. It's just crap for the sake of crap cause you people need to hear yourself speak or more accurately need to see your words in text. So again kindly GTFO with this bullshit. I'm so sick of listening to such douchery.

For the record the reason Matt should be there is because he played on 3/5 of REAL GnR studio albums and toured with them at the absolute peak of their fame and he has unreal chemistry with Duff and Slash. So no, I'm sorry I'm not picking Matt just because he's Matt. Thinking that's the reason I would pick him is what's truly idiotic but thanks for coming out. 

Edited by Bono
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Bono said:

Seriously GTFO with this crap notion that Matt doesn't fit GnR. Do you like the Illusion albums? Did you enjoy the Illusion era  tour? This bullshit revisionist, hipster wannbe attitude that Matt doesn't fit GnR and doesnt' sound good is such fucking horseshit I'm not even sure why I dignify it with a response. Not for one second did any of you who spew this bullshit claim this crap when the Illusions came out and not one of you actually believe that Matt's drumming doesn't fit or sound good on the Illusion albums. It's just crap for the sake of crap cause you people need to hear yourself speak or more accurately need to see your words in text. So again kindly GTFO with this bullshit. 

Yeah, Matt really didn't fit Guns N' Roses. The pounding was boring and his hair was really stupid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I am fraid Steven isn't able.

Apparently. Totally forgot about that. Having said that what's the actual reason. I'm sure we'd all like to know. Did his physical limitations happen before or after he was told he wouldn't be the guy. 

• Like 1

I hope for Steven's sake he was supposed to play. They really missed an opportunity to go all out nostalgic on that Troubadaour gig. I wish they had done it and got it out of their system. And I really want it for Steven, he needs that closure more than anyone.

2 hours ago, Bono said:

Matt should be there is because he played on 3/5 of REAL GnR studio albums and toured with them at the abslute peak fo their fame and he has unreal chemistry with Duff and Slash. So no I'm sorry I'm not picking Matt just because he's Matt. Thinking that's the reason I would pick him is what's truly idiotic but thanks for coming out. 

Thanks for proving my point, lol. That is EXACTLY what I have been saying ffs. YOU just want Matt there because of the idiotic reason "that he toured with them when they were popular and recorded albums with them". You ever thought about that they could have gotten ANY ol drummer on the illusions records and you would have been saying "he's good with them"? That's not how you choose a drummer. I would fucking BET MY ASS you wouldnt be saying Matt should be the drummer then, but "insert disposable guy who drummed on illusions here", because he was in the band when they were still hot. Completely retarded.

You dont want him there on the grounds of him having "chemistry" with the band, are you fucking joking, LISTEN to his drumming, the guy is a fucking ROBOT. You shouldnt fucking want a drummer to be with them just because he joined them when they were still popular, you should want a drummer because he works with the band for gods sake.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

I think Matt's drumming was a little one thing fits all on UYI but it kind of held everything together. He actually kicks ass in VR. 

Seems to me Frank has some feel and some thunder. He versatile. 

Also looks badass wearing aviator shades. 

1. Brain

2. Steven Adler

3. Josh Freese

4. Frank Ferrer

5. Matt Solarium (nostalgia wise better thank Franky boy)

So not my choice, but a good drummer. But his choice was a bit of a bummer.

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

If the band is still forging ahead, you gotta keep Frank. Steven will never play a full set nor will ever play Civil War, November Rain or Estranged, likewise Matt clearly will never play chinese songs.

Except there are A LOT of people who think Franks sucks.. Doesn't have to be Steven and fuck CD songs anyway.. Too many real GnR tunes that will be passed over due to them.

6 hours ago, Bono said:

What is a legit GNR drummer? Adler for sure, but Sorum was another hired hand.

2 minutes ago, mikebones said:

What is a legit GNR drummer? Adler for sure, but Sorum was another hired hand.

There are million out there.. Anyone that doesn't blatantly fuck up and change the feel of these classic songs.. 99% of the people would rather Izzy over Fortus. There is no outcry to boot about Fortus though, because he does his job good enough.