Best Shows - GN'R (2000 - 2014)

If I have to take one show from each lineup: Rock in Rio 2001 (HOB is also great, but the proshot is just some great great footage), Albany 2002, Gibson Amphitheatre Universal City 12-20-2006 (sure, there are plenty of other shows just as good), Tokyo 09 (best setlist ever) and Bucharest/Chile/Moscow 2010 (hard to pick one)

Edited by BreakDown2014

2 hours ago, axlreed44 said:

MSG 2002 last night of tour.......before well ya know. Axl was electric and the place was a madhouse

also Camden in 2011 was great check out vids on youtube

I was at the MSG show and it was wild.  The crowd was super excited, despite the delays and outright terrible opener.  I freaked out a bit when he started "The Blues."  (Why he opted to ruin the wordless coda with the "what they tell ya", I'll never understand). It seemed like Axl was really coming back strong and trying to make the band work.  The whole experience still holds a special place in my mind.

2006 tops anything else, no question.

I think MSG '02 and Rio '01 definitely win the Buckethead era. Download and Rock Am Ring 2006 for the Robin/Bucket era. For the Dj era, I'll put in a vote for Philly 2012. I was there, so I'm biased, but check out the bootleg in the Downloads section of the forum. As close to 2006 as Axl ever got back to, IMO.

• Like 1

I was at the Bucharest concert in 2010 ( and in 2012 ) and i must say it was unbelievable. Before the concert, i was watching some of the youtube videos of NUGNR and i didn't have much expectations but at that concert  I was blown away by Axl. He had so much rasp in his voice that i tought i was back in the nineties !  Everybody in the crowed knew they were witnessing a special moment of a real ROCKSTAR. AXL is the real deal. Youtube is not good for someone to make an accurate opinion of how Axl voice sonds like, believe me ! So go to as many  concerts as you can afford, no matter how much the ticket costs, it is worth it. Not a single band on this planet is near close to GNR when Axl and Slash are on the same stage !   

20 minutes ago, axlreed44 said:

me too! incredible moment and kid rock on night train was funny haha

Was that the final night?  I was there as well.  Front row in the 1st balcony - perfect view.  The arena-level pyro had everyone in a flash sweat.  The best thing about that whole run was that management worked with fan forum to get members special presale access.  I pulled a bunch and sold 'em at face to other board members.  Really good fan atmosphere at the pre-show get together (Mustang Sally's?), on the line outside and at the show.

2001: Vegas/Rio

2002: Boston/Leeds

2006 Hammerstein/Dublin/Rock Am Ring

2007: Tokyo/Mexico

2009: Osaka/Tokyo

2010: Toronto/Porto Alegre/Adelaide

2011: Los Angeles/Chile 

2012: Philadelphia/House Of Blues L.A./Vegas

2013: Brroklyn Bowl-Governors Ball NY/Kansas City

2014: Recife/Vegas

2 hours ago, comaknight said:

I was at the MSG show and it was wild.  The crowd was super excited, despite the delays and outright terrible opener.  I freaked out a bit when he started "The Blues."  (Why he opted to ruin the wordless coda with the "what they tell ya", I'll never understand). It seemed like Axl was really coming back strong and trying to make the band work.  The whole experience still holds a special place in my mind.

It's hard to believe one night later the whole thing fell apart.

Man that kroq inland invasion was pretty amazing in person, people were about to tear that place to shreds, Axl & co came on super late.. But was well worth it... I remember my uncle took me & he wasnt really a big GnR fan, but after it was over he was amazed how fast everyone settled the hell down & was mesmerized with Axls performance & how he grabbed everyones attention right away, amazing vibe at that show, goosebumps all around.. glad we have those live stream pro shots even though they dont do it justice. 

Also in 2006 at the gibson in City Walk.. i was at the shows on the 17th & 20th, there was a show on the 19th, but couldnt make it.. But whatever because The 20th was amazing man seriously almost played for 4 hours it seemed, got home around 5am lol. They played think about you, down on the fucking farm, a lot of lesser known jams & izzy was there, so was Bubbles he came out for a song.