*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

8 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

That is what I am talking about! Getting down to the price range I have been waiting for. Looks like it is sold out on that site but I would like to see more of this.

I really don’t feel like I have to have one, and if I never get one, I am okay with it. But if these prices keep dropping, I am going to probably end up getting one soon.

Edited by Tourettes2400

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

Funnily enough - it seems more bands are doing this. Maiden and Metallica have jigsaws too and are apparently pretty popular?!?

At least they're 21 euro's a piece. Instead of that 56 euro durable laundry bag (which comes with a "free" tshirt and baseball cap).

Edited by username

24 minutes ago, vloors said:

Wow they really have turned into sellouts.

They are just as bad as KISS now.

no, the difference is that KISS openly admits they are a sellout act, and while I don't really listen to KISS, I have no problem with that. at least they are honest.

11 minutes ago, zombux said:

no, the difference is that KISS openly admits they are a sellout act, and while I don't really listen to KISS, I have no problem with that. at least they are honest.

I've never really seen such a problem with Kiss- sure they make loads of tat, but they also make music, release it and tour. 20 albums, 4 solo ones, and 11 live ones. I can't vouch for the quality of these of course (the only Kiss album I own is 'Alive') but they're obviously still a musical force.

You're right too- they're pretty honest about the tat they make. I think I once read Gene Simmons saying something along the lines of "if someone will buy it, we'll make it". 

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't buy any of it! 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I've never really seen such a problem with Kiss- sure they make loads of tat, but they also make music, release it and tour. 20 albums, 4 solo ones, and 11 live ones. I can't vouch for the quality of these of course (the only Kiss album I own is 'Alive') but they're obviously still a musical force.

You're right too- they're pretty honest about the tat they make. I think I once read Gene Simmons saying something along the lines of "if someone will buy it, we'll make it". 

Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't buy any of it! 

This. I hate KISS, but they do the one thing that a band (notice the absence of an R in that word) is supposed to do - RELEASE MUSIC. Yes, they are a bunch of commercial moneygrabbing whores. And they fully admit to that too. All that merch shit is fine, as long as a band does the one key thing a band should do - make and release music. The reason GnR is such a laughable mess is that they tend to do the terribly shitty and overpriced merch (puzzles, laundry bags, fucking yoyo's) WITHOUT actually releasing music. It's just pathetic really. 

• Like 4