*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

Why all the negativity about the "Live n' let die with Covid 45" t-shirt?  Y'all need to relax a bit.  This is an obvious reference to the recent trip Trump made to the mask factory, where he was the only person in the room not wearing a mask, and handling/breathing all over the new masks that were being made while Live n' Let Die was blaring in the background.  The irony was hilarious.  I can't believe so many of you are shitting on this - take your panties out of a bunch.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

Of course you are gonna get the Synchopants on twitter and elsewhere buying that shit. Not going to go well at all. 

Of course. There's people out there that'll buy anything. Doesn't make it right though. 

Seriously? Fuck this band right now. 

And what's Axl's beef with Trump anyway? If anything, the dude is definitely more active against pedophiles than any of his predecessors... thought Axl would care a bit about that?

I'm not a US citizen, I couldn't care less about US politics/politicians... they're all pieces of shit at the end of the day. But man, seeing this kind of cheap political antics forced on the glorious musical past of a band like GNR sure is pissing me off. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SAU3R said:

What the fuck? 

Disgusting how they’re insinuating that they want Trump to die of Covid. Absolutely disgusting. This band is a fucking disgrace 

Edit: I don’t give a fuck what anyone’s political beliefs are but regardless, this is way over the top.

Edited by Gimpy Hewitt

1 minute ago, nambis said:

Why all the negativity about the "Live n' let die with Covid 45" t-shirt?  Y'all need to relax a bit.  This is an obvious reference to the recent trip Trump made to the mask factory, where he was the only person in the room not wearing a mask, and handling/breathing all over the new masks that were being made while Live n' Let Die was blaring in the background.  The irony was hilarious.  I can't believe so many of you are shitting on this - take your panties out of a bunch.

We're not offended.....we're fucking mortified with embarrassment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

Here's the thing: I really, really don't want to dislike GN'R and/or the people that run them, but then shit like this happens. 

Fucking unbelievable. 

Ya know, my mom always taught me that "hate" is a very strong word. She used to remind me that strongly disliking something and hating something are too completely different things. 

I truly hate that this is what GNR has become. 

I've always appreciated the rough edges of the original incarnation. And I don't have the energy to really feel one way or another about the band over the last 20 years.

But this breaks my heart. How could they be so mean spirited. So spiteful. So tone-deaf. It reeks of petulance and short sightedness. I'm embarrassed as a fan. 

They missed the mark on this one. By a mile. Holy fuck.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, FuriousStyles said:

I've always appreciated the rough edges of the original incarnation. And I don't have the energy to really feel one way or another about the band over the last 20 years.

But this breaks my heart. How could they be so mean spirited. So spiteful. So tone-deaf. It reeks of petulance and short sightedness. I'm embarrassed as a fan. 

Yep. All for what? To put something on a t-shirt that was probably a stupid joke amongst them and *hopefully* sell 10 or so of them? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

I doubt anyone in the band other than maybe Axl giving a slight nod of approval has any idea this even exists.  This is Team Brazil's handiwork, 1000%.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Can we make our own t-shirt? A spin on the "Fernandon't" thing?

"Other bands do what Fernandon't."

Seriously, fuck this band and their pathetic, juvenile joke of "management." The only thing they will manage is another stack of excuses as to why the fans are ungrateful and difficult.0

I'd buy that

• Haha 1

Put this out to 30m on Facebook plus other platforms. How many have friends and family dying/fighting for there lives in intensive care unit, just to political point score. 

They might not like trump but scapegoating him for it is nonsensical. Every country is suffering.

1 minute ago, James Bond said:

Seriously, fuck this band and their pathetic, juvenile joke of "management." The only thing they will manage is another stack of excuses as to why the fans are ungrateful and difficult.0

Definitely an abba lyric in there somewhere

2 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I am absolutely in to pitch in for this on one condition: that we model it after this ad-

Use the same font on the shirt as the commercial. 

The syllables for "Other bands do....what Fernandon't" would fit juuuuust fine! :lol:

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

Disgusting how they’re insinuating that they want Trump to die of Covid. Absolutely disgusting. This band is a fucking disgrace 

Edit: I don’t give a fuck what anyone’s political beliefs are but regardless, this is way over the top.

They are not insinuating they want Trump to die of Covid.  They're commenting on Trump's position that the economy should re-open despite the pandemic, which will put tens (if not hundreds) of thousands of lives at risk.  He toured a mask factory with "Live n' Let Die" playing in the background, which is ironic because that's basically his attitude.  I can't believe people here don't get that.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

I am going to assume that it is fake, and/or somebody has hacked into their website or something similar.

Irrespective of the politics, who the hell would want to wear a Guns N' Roses t-shirt about corona? 

Its on there merch and now advertised on fb. Something this shitty and not thought out is exactly what to expect from management