*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Haha right, which is why they're selling a t-shirt. This couldn't possibly have been something Axl tweeted for free, right? Selling a t-shirt and them making money off of it is just some sort of unavoidable circumstance? 

Of all the platforms at their disposal, slinging T-shirts for $25 a pop seems to be the most effective 

16 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No....the intent of the shirt is to attempt to make fun of Trump while at the same time making light of tens of thousands of people dying. The last part isn't intentional of course, but that's beside the point because that's not how it's going to be perceived. 

I think it is more divisive throwing in a political figure as the fan base has a wide range of political beliefs. Maybe he just doesn't care... but trading in portion of your fan base for Hollywood praise is going to hurt sales.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, guitarpatch said:

Of all the platforms at their disposal, slinging T-shirts for $25 a pop seems to be the most effective 

Right, as opposed to just posting the "joke" on any of their social media platforms lol

1 minute ago, Billly B said:

I think it is more divisive throwing in a political figure as the fan base has a wide range of political beliefs. Maybe he just doesn't care... but trading in portion of your fan base for Hollywood praise is going to hurt sales.

See, I never think about that because I'm just not into politics BUT I completely understand your point. 

Just now, Gordon Comstock said:

Do you think if I added a Frans N' Roses logo somewhere, they'd sell it on the official store?

dyZNMpV.png

Absolutely perfect. I wish I knew shit about making t-shirts. I'd love to have that made and donate any proceeds to COVID charities. 

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, RussTCB said:

Absolutely perfect. I wish I knew shit about making t-shirts. I'd love to have that made and donate any proceeds to COVID charities. 

Can we actually look into this? It started as a joke but maybe some good could come of it.

Even make it customizable - [insert band] does...

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Can we make our own t-shirt? A spin on the "Fernandon't" thing?

"Other bands do what Fernandon't."

Seriously, fuck this band and their pathetic, juvenile joke of "management." The only thing they will manage is another stack of excuses as to why the fans are ungrateful and difficult.0

2 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do you think if I added a Frans N' Roses logo somewhere, they'd sell it on the official store?

dyZNMpV.png

This is a great idea. Maybe put the mygnr logo on the front.

I would never buy the GnR shirt but it's interesting that it says that it doesn't ship until June.

I don't think the concept is so bad (it's even kind of clever), but I can see how it can easily be misinterpreted - plus, it indeed doesn't sit very well that the band comes off as quick to make a profit from a Trump PR disaster in relation to a public health crisis.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

No....the intent of the shirt is to attempt to make fun of Trump while at the same time making light of tens of thousands of people dying. The last part isn't intentional of course, but that's beside the point because that's not how it's going to be perceived. 

I truly don't get the '45' bit, at all - is it an attempt to make fun of Trump? If so, I don't think anyone would understand that without having it explained to them.....

....but absolutely fuck this. What an absolute load of shit. We're at the bottom of the barrel, truly. 

I'm not offended, not outraged, just think it's absolutely pathetic. 

My girlfriend (who is not interested in GNR) saw me open the email advertising it and said "what the fuck is that stupid shit? who's made that? If I saw anyone wearing that all I'd think is, 'what a stupid twat' " which is probably the nicest thing you could say about this lame attempt at cashing in. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

This reminds me of when Liverpool FC decided not to furlough their staff.  When they got fucking slaughtered for it (& rightly so), they back tracked.

These shambolic bunch of clowns will obviously back track & donate to charity.

But only when they realise they’ve  completely misjudged the situation.

It shouldn’t have even come to that.

How fucking thick is that cûnt Fernando, I mean how fucking thick?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't think the concept is so bad (it's even kind of clever), but I can see how it can easily be misinterpreted - plus, it indeed doesn't sit very well that the band comes off as quick to make a profit from a Trump PR disaster in relation to a public health crisis.

If you think this shirt is "clever" than i guess a guy falling face first into a pile of dog shit must be the very height of comedy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

The shirt makes a cogent point. It is of course a political one though. Often charities don’t accept monies gained from partisan politicking. And in some cases, the laws even forbid it.

Charities have to think about if the small donation from the sale of this shirt might be undone by other donors withholding their donations because they are offended by the partisan messaging. They also need to worry about being audited for being attached to something like this.

To be clear, guns and all wealthy people should be contributing to relief efforts. (Maybe they are but without publicizing it - likely individual band members). And like the Grateful Dead they could be focoused on raising funds for the less paid workers in their industry (merch stand, roadies, hot dog sales people). And of course they are being terrible about not announcing info/ cancelling shows.

The dead play pro shot concerts every Friday night and people donate while watching. There’s a pre show and it’s all really cool. They’ve raised loads of dough. So, yeah, guns could do exactly that.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, soon said:

The shirt makes a cogent point. It is of course a political one though. Often charities don’t accept monies gained from partisan politicking. And in some cases, the laws even forbid it.

Charities have to think about if the small donation from the sale of this shirt might be undone by other donors withholding their donations because they are offended by the partisan messaging. They also need to worry about being audited for being attached to something like this.

To be clear, guns and all wealthy people should be contributing to relief efforts. (Maybe they are but without publicizing it - likely individual band members). And like the Grateful Dead they could be focoused on raising funds for the less paid workers in their industry (merch stand, roadies, hot dog sales people). And of course they are being terrible about not announcing info/ cancelling shows.

The dead play pro shot concerts every Friday night and people donate while watching. There’s a pre show and it’s all really cool. They’ve raised loads of dough. So, yeah, guns could do exactly that.

Does it? I think it makes no point whatsoever other than to highlight how lame the band have become.

And don't get me wrong here, I dislike Trump more than anyone. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

If you think this shirt is "clever" than i guess a guy falling face first into a pile of dog shit must be the very height of comedy.

Is the guy Fernando? Cuz I'd laugh at that. Just picture it... a big, fresh dog shit in the middle of a lawn, and suddenly it gets a Fernando all over it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Does it? I think it makes no point whatsoever other than to highlight how lame the band have become.

And don't get me wrong here, I dislike Trump more than anyone. 

Yes it makes a cogent point. 

• Like 1