*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

Might blow up in the media - this one. Wouldn't be the first time.

GUNS N' ROSES RELEASE TRUMP-BASHING "COVID 45" T-SHIRTS

It's no secret that Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose is no fan of Donald Trump. Back in 2018, he slammed the president for having "no regard for truth, ethics, morals or empathy of any kind." Rose's first tweet of 2020: another Trump slam.

Today, Rose and the whole GNR gang have come together for a new t-shirt that connects the current pandemic with the current resident of the White House. The"Live N' Let Die" shirt comes with the slogan: "Live and Let Die with COVID 45." The group promoted the new shirt on Twitter.

The shirts run $25 each, and are scheduled to start shipping in early June.

https://www.weareclassicrockers.com/article/guns-n-roses-release-trump-bashing-covid-45-t-shirts

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Might blow up in the media - this one. Wouldn't be the first time.

As pathetic as it is, that may well be the aim. "Look how 'controversial' the band are'" via a series of clickbait articles. 

The tat really is coming with enormous veracity these days. You can virtually smell the desperation. 

• Like 1

It's clearly making the point of putting the blame for covid on trump, hence the numbering of 45 but it doesn't really land its punch as it seems more like it is making light and profit off of a pandemic. Internationally the 45 number means nothing.

I like jack white's anti-trump shirt and bumper stickers from a couple years a go better...

Icky Trump.

Edited by Stiff Competition
  • Like 3

Just now, allwaystired said:

Which is? 

To me it seems that the shirt is intended to call out trump with regards to his mismanagement’s of the outbreak. That 45 is failing to act about the virus. And is being absolutely reckless. I mean telling people to consume bleach. ‘prescribing’ off label uses for drugs.

(I’m not a band shirt type of guy and this one is no more and no less appealing to me then any other band shirt. I’m more ethically concerned with where shirts are made - sweatshops - then what is written on the front)

• Like 1

Just now, Stiff Competition said:

It's clearly making the point of putting the blame for cover on trump, hence the numbering of 45 but it doesn't really land it's punch has it seems more like it is making light and profit off of a pandemic. Internationally the 45 number means nothing.

I like jack white's anti-trump shirt and bumper stickers from a couple years a go better...

Icky Trump.

Is he known widely as '45' in America? Why not just put 'Covid Trump?' if that's their intention. Even that sounds fairly dumb and nonsensical. 

Ah, wouldn't be great if just once they released something decent, that those of a rational mind might wish to own?! 

1 minute ago, soon said:

To me it seems that the shirt is intended to call out trump with regards to his mismanagement’s of the outbreak. That 45 is failing to act about the virus. And is being absolutely reckless. I mean telling people to consume bleach. ‘prescribing’ off label uses for drugs.

(I’m not a band shirt type of guy and this one is no more and no less appealing to me then any other band shirt. I’m more ethically concerned with where shirts are made - sweatshops - then what is written on the front)

You should buy Shakey's shirts (I am wearing one now, Harvest). Made out of hemp mixed with a vegetarian's bum juice. 

• Haha 1

Just now, soon said:

I get that's the point- but it's just done so poorly as to be nearly incoherent. 

And you can GUARANTEE this t-shirt won't be fair-trade! If it was that fact would be used as a chance to charge double! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Is he known widely as '45' in America? Why not just put 'Covid Trump?' if that's their intention. Even that sounds fairly dumb and nonsensical. 

Ah, wouldn't be great if just once they released something decent, that those of a rational mind might wish to own?! 

45 is a pretty commonly used term, but the fact that you don't know that is my point. GNR has a huge international audience to which this makes no sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah Trump is known as 45.  It really goes back to President Obama when Republicans refused to acknowledge Obama as President. Now people use 45 in reference to Trump being the 45th President. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Stiff Competition said:

45 is a pretty commonly used term, but the fact that you don't know that is my point. GNR has a huge international audience to which this makes no sense.

Oh, I hadn't a clue that was a commonly used term. Yeah, makes no sense- but then no-one outside of America is going to even consider ordering it anyway I would imagine. 

5 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I get that's the point- but it's just done so poorly as to be nearly incoherent. 

And you can GUARANTEE this t-shirt won't be fair-trade! If it was that fact would be used as a chance to charge double! 

Since I saw the news item (which was everywhere here) when trump toured the mask factory to Live and Let Die, it only took me 15 minutes or so and a handful of other people’s posts to figure out what Guns were talking about with this shirt :lol: 

The news story was editorialized the same way as the shirts messaging. So like, it makes sense in that light. 

I am pleased that we are talking about the ethics of clothing though. Hope that continues!! Everyone check your labels for where your shirts were made and let’s get angry about it!! Lol

• Like 1

I couldn't give a shit about the political aspect...this is simply embarrassing. A meme shirt? A children's book? Isn't this suppose to be a fucking rock band?

Also you already know this had a much higher precedence over the "live material" they're going to release...eventually. And you already know that's gonna disappoint too...

Edit: I can't wait for the excuses as to why there's no album whenever this pandemic is over. Like they haven't had enough time to write/record one 

Edited by Crazyman

I don't want to get into any debate or argument. My own opinion is that it's sad to see a United States President making fun of people or not wearing a mask at a factory producing masks while Live and Let Die is playing.  I find that much more inappropriate and offensive. Just my own two cents on this. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1