*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

2 minutes ago, Draguns said:

I don't want to get into any debate or argument. My own opinion is that it's sad to see a United States President making fun of people or not wearing a mask at a factory producing masks while Live and Let Die is playing.  I find that much more inappropriate and offensive. Just my own two cents on this. 

I don't disagree, but I believe it to be way, way worse to try and capitalize on that, no? 

12 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

the most dangerous F'N one in the world FAM!

I thought that too but the AARP cards might've taken that title away. Hell, even the dust particles known as The Rolling Stones can still record music while playing live constantly...a novel concept! 

• Like 1

No ones happy about this new shirt on facebook.

Only so much more of this sort of bullshit before a majority of fans abandon the band.

Now its also upsetting the casuals and there goes your stadium tours and ticket sales out the window.

Edited by vloors

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Is he known widely as '45' in America? Why not just put 'Covid Trump?' if that's their intention. Even that sounds fairly dumb and nonsensical. 

Ah, wouldn't be great if just once they released something decent, that those of a rational mind might wish to own?! 

"Covid 45" is a play on "Covid 19"

Edited by nambis

Just seen this on Twitter. Fucking ridiculous. This band and management are a disgrace. Politics shouldn't be involved. 

Been a fan all my life, shameful moment for GNR. Sums up the fucking idiots in charge. 

Kind of glad London has been postponed. Was really questionning my decision to go anyway, no new music, all this politics shit... easy decision now. 

After at least 10 shows in multiple countries i've had enough of this set up. Embarrassing that they think this is a good PR move.... This Fernando character is a fucking idiot. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bangit said:

Just seen this on Twitter. Fucking ridiculous. This band and management are a disgrace. Politics shouldn't be involved. 

Been a fan all my life, shameful moment for GNR. Sums up the fucking idiots in charge. 

Kind of glad London has been postponed. Was really questionning my decision to go anyway, no new music, all this politics shit... easy decision now. 

After at least 10 shows in multiple countries i've had enough of this set up. Embarrassing that they think this is a good PR move.... This Fernando character is a fucking idiot. 

Similar boat. Had tickets for Glasgow for the simple fact that I was going with family for a summer trip. Seen NITL 5 times though and as each day passes i'm increasingly likely to take up any refund option. This shirt fiasco is embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, bangit said:

You would think exploiting a health pandemic would be more concerning here. GNR has been “political” before this  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WildStar said:

Who the hell would wear this? Utter garbage

There are many marks that would wear this. Maybe the proceeds should go towards making California great again. It's in terrible shape... tents and homeless people everywhere.

1 minute ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Similar boat. Had tickets for Glasgow for the simple fact that I was going with family for a summer trip. Seen NITL 5 times though and as each day passes i'm increasingly likely to take up any refund option. This shirt fiasco is embarrassing.

I question similar. With zero changes in the setlist, I'm not sure I needed to spend money seeing a lesser version of something I've seen before anyway.  

Things like this are driving me further towards taking a refund for sure. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

You would think exploiting a health pandemic would be more concerning here. GNR has been “political” before this  

For clarification.... By 'political' i do mean 'exploiting the current health pandemic'.  

I'm well aware of the band's history my friend. 

I give zero shits about US politics just can't stand how this band /AXL seem more interested in it than the music or their fans - who have put them on the pedestal they now sit.  

Take a look through their social media over the last decade.... how many tweets etc relate to things other than music? 

• Like 2

We'll be going on 12 years since GNR has released a studio album. They could release a new album. They could go an easier route and re-record Chinese Democracy like Journey and Twisted Sister re-recorded their music, which apparently Taylor Swift also has plans to do. They could go the easiest route and release what remains of the Chinese Democracy sessions or whatever was supposedly going to follow The Spaghetti Incident. Instead we're getting a picture book and an idiotic shirt.

I will always enjoy GNR's music, all lineups and albums included, but fuck this band. May Fernando always be referred to as Fernandon't, and may the internet meme the shit out of them. Anyone with Photoshop skills, now is your time to shine and work out your frustrations with the shitshow known as current day GNR.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

exactly, GNR has never shied away from politics.  I mean GNR has always been one of the most anti-establishment bands ever.  If that's not political, I don't know what is.  Funny to see people get their panties in a bunch about this.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, bangit said:

For clarification.... By 'political' i do mean 'exploiting the current health pandemic'.  

I'm well aware of the band's history my friend. 

I give zero shits about US politics just can't stand how this band /AXL seem more interested in it than the music or their fans - who have put them on the pedestal they now sit.  

Take a look through their social media over the last decade.... how many tweets etc relate to things other than music? 

In that sense I’m just going to say that Axl only seems to write about a few things. 6-8min Steph Seymour ballads and what he sees in society is a big chunk of it. The guy wrote a song about mass shootings on the last record 

There’s a lot to not support here. Being political doesn’t seem as if it should be a line in the sand to draw here. At least not now