*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

Fernando is so goddamn incompetent, it isn't funny. Did they not see the negative press Trump got with LALD last week? Or is that what they're going for - to be cringe edgelords?

There is no such thing as any publicity is good publicity. This just sounds like they are trying the 'most dangerous band in the world' shtick with a tacky shirt, in the middle of a global pandemic and a looming economic crisis. Poor taste.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I’m certain it was always going to charity and was an oversight on the initial listing.

You’d think they would have mentioned that in the pic, the site, or the wording in the posts. 

They goofed and had to go back 

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 2

I had gone out on a date with a woman who benefitted from Musiccares. She had a song on the 103.5 KTU around the late 00/early 2010s.  She was hit by a car that ran a stop sign. The accident caused  a lot of damage to her body.  Musiccares helped with her medical expenses from the accident.  When I met her, she was just starting to get her life back. It became obvious that she wasn't ready at the time to have  another person in her life. 

With that being said, she told me that Musicares really helped her through the tough time. It's good to see that GNR is donating the proceeds to that organization. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Yep. They've belatedly realised that profiteering isn't a good look so now 100% is going to musicares.org

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 00.20.35.png

This is an absolutely terrible decision by someone. Not just the shirt, because it looks stupid, but because the band had to get political.

A really fucking stupid move by a band that had everything going for it in 2016, only to piss away all their momentum with the lack of new material.

Now I hope "COVID 45" causes the cancellation of the Fenway Park show, because I want my money back.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fernando is looking at the backclash and has swiftly added the charity thing - I am convinced. 

I doubt there is any backlash. It’s a shirt. Most people assume GNR are making a lot of cash from the online merch. After everyone gets their piece of the pie I doubt the big 3 bet enough to care at all. 

Just now, The Holographic Universe said:

I doubt there is any backlash. It’s a shirt. Most people assume GNR are making a lot of cash from the online merch. After everyone gets their piece of the pie I doubt the big 3 bet enough to care at all. 

You haven't looked at the comments section on the facebook post then?

11 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

They most likely relatively don’t make much off of the online store. 

However, they are receiving backlash. Enough that they should care as its much deeper than just the messaging. People perceive it as a one way relationship.  It’s time to give something back. Especially now that you won’t be on tour and the promoter has their $

Edited by guitarpatch
  • Like 1

I cannot believe there are still some people brown humping this pathetic brand and making fudgy nonsensical never ending excuses.

Fernando saw the replies on facebook and elsewhere, got spooked and swiftly added the charity thing. It is as clear as day.

It is not a minor thing to omit, the recipient of your $25 haha. ''Is it going into Rose's pocket or a corona charity?''. Not exactly a small detail that is liable to be forgotten!

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

Some of you guys make me laugh, as if anybody in this band ever gave a fuck about what anybody thought.  Maybe you guys haven't been paying attention the last 30 years 🤔 but this band has never shied away from expressing their opinions, and clearly everybody in the band is strongly against Trump.  

Also fuck Trump.

The people who also say leave the politics out of music also make me laugh, as if politics haven't been in music for well, forever.  I'm proud of the guys for standing up for what they believe in and not hiding away like some pansy ass pussies afraid to let their voice be heard.  

If shipping wasn't 10 bucks I would consider getting this shirt 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe there are still some people brown humping this pathetic brand and making fudgy nonsensical never ending excuses.

Fernando saw the replies on facebook and elsewhere, got spooked and swiftly added the charity thing. It is as clear as day.

It is not a minor thing to omit, the recipient of your $25 haha. ''Is it going into Rose's pocket or a corona charity?''. Not exactly a small detail that is liable to be forgotten!

Don’t forget UMG’s/Bravado whatever it is cut...that definitely isn’t hitting charity. 

If your tour is canceled and the promoter hasn’t handed out refunds yet, maybe wait on peddling the merch. In fact better idea. Provide an experience and give something back to the fanbase such as something on YouTube. Then post shirt links 

Edited by guitarpatch

25 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You haven't looked at the comments section on the facebook post then?

Haven't seen myself, but what sort of backlash? People criticizing the anti-trump messages or people criticizing the general tastelessness?