*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

14 minutes ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

That would have been worse imo. 

They could have insulted just him.

now they are insulting and embarassing all people that survived corona or who lost their loved ones. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

Some of you guys make me laugh, as if anybody in this band ever gave a fuck about what anybody thought.  Maybe you guys haven't been paying attention the last 30 years 🤔 but this band has never shied away from expressing their opinions, and clearly everybody in the band is strongly against Trump.  

Also fuck Trump.

The people who also say leave the politics out of music also make me laugh, as if politics haven't been in music for well, forever.  I'm proud of the guys for standing up for what they believe in and not hiding away like some pansy ass pussies afraid to let their voice be heard.  

If shipping wasn't 10 bucks I would consider getting this shirt 

i'm with you, that politics should'nt be left out in art/music, it always was and will be that way, and that's fine. But using the COVID thing, is so ashaming for everyone directly or indirectly effected by the virus.

Edited by EricA
  • Like 2

People on Reddit love this shirt and are saying it's great marketing, but then again, they hate Trump with a passion. I have no clue what COVID-45 refers to (has to be an American thing about Trump, right?), but i still find this in poor taste. 300,000 people are dead, and this is no time to play political fun with tasteless merchandise.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

2 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

As someone that lives in oz what does 45 mean?. Apologies i havnt scrolled back through the last couple of pages. First time im lurking through the forum  all day.

It's a reference to Trump, the 45th president.

The whole shirt is based around Trumps visit to a mask factory last week where LALD was playing in the background.

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

It's a reference to Trump, the 45th president.

The whole shirt is based around Trumps visit to a mask factory last week where LALD was playing in the background.

So why make a shirt about it? . Sorry Alfie not having a go at you.

So are GNR an official political band now?.

Fuckin TB :facepalm:. People are entitled to their opinion but this now makes GNR a band who have no issues communicating their political views and their political supportive stance.

Edited by Sydney Fan

1 minute ago, Sydney Fan said:

So why make a shirt about it? . Sorry Alfie not having a go at you.

So are GNR an official political band now?.

Fuckin TB :facepalm:. People are entitled to their opinion but this now makes GNR a band who have no issues communicating their political views and their political supportive stance.

I guess to capitalise on the attention it got.

It's backfired mostly because like yourself many people didn't understand the reference - probably because less people follower twitter or news items than you might think.

Also the charitable proceeds were either an after thought or they screwed up the original listing which initially made it look like profiteering from a pandemic (even if that wasn't the intention).

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I guess to capitalise on the attention it got.

It's backfired mostly because like yourself many people didn't understand the reference - probably because less people follower twitter or news items than you might think.

Also the charitable proceeds were either an after thought or they screwed up the original listing which initially made it look like profiteering from a pandemic (even if that wasn't the intention).

I so hope paul mccartney sends TB a cease and desist letter from lawyers.

Live and let die indeed.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don’t get the resentment towards Fernando or TB, yes they’re the bands management but this has come straight from the band, or more likely Axl.

Even if Fernando did come out with The idea, which I doubt, do you really think he’d just push it out there without the green light from the big three directors of the company who employ him?

This is 100% the band putting this out.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ZoSo said:

I don’t get the resentment towards Fernando or TB, yes they’re the bands management but this has come straight from the band, or more likely Axl.

Even if Fernando did come out with The idea, which I doubt, do you really think he’d just push it out there without the green light from the big three directors of the company who employ him?

This is 100% the band putting this out.

I dont think so. The band trust TB with merch, its all TBs decision. The band couldnt care less.

6 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

I dont think so. The band trust TB with merch, its all TBs decision. The band couldnt care less.

Well that’s a hell of a lot of trust to put into someone with regards to how your business is perceived.

Maybe you’re right though, maybe they’ve got so much money they couldn’t give a shit how things look going forward. 

10 minutes ago, ZoSo said:

Well that’s a hell of a lot of trust to put into someone with regards to how your business is perceived.

Maybe you’re right though, maybe they’ve got so much money they couldn’t give a shit how things look going forward. 

It sounds shit but i think thats true!. I understand your point that any decisions with the GNR name have to be approved by the big3. But i doubt thats the case with merch. Other artists do have input and will not approve any product that has their name on it, and thats their approach to their business.The band would get jack shit from the merch being sold. Would they care about givibg approval for the webstore to be sellings rings?.absolutely not. Im sure the band give TB free reign on making merch, but shouldnt be giving free reign to sell tasteless shirts like this.

Edited by Sydney Fan

In marketing, you are usually given a budget and then your marketing team is told to fill in the blanks with that budget.

The marketing team comes up with a plan or item. That item is then presented to management, typically in a meeting where the marketing team can describe their intentions and what they hope to gain from the product or plan. 

This seems like an inside joke that was started from the top down where someone called the marketing department and said "WE NEED TO PUT THIS ON A SHIRT NOW!" 

Either way, if it is the marketing department, management, or even the big 3 themselves, there was a million other ideas that could have benefited the band that are way better than this, and i dont know how people don't see that 

Edited by KeyserSoze

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Liberal media with an agenda? Half of those articles have to explain what happened, where they profit off the clicks they make spitting anti-trump propaganda. And this is coming from someone who leans mostly left. At the end of the day, they could care less about the shirt. Its just there to continue the talking point

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vloors said:

Pretty sure it was said in a interview Duff doesnt use social media and has someone/promo person that does it for him.

Even if he does get on occasionally, his management/marketing team will have his password to post things like this.