*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

Alright alright, if Rose insists on being political, thinking he is Bob Dylan, why couldn't he put his political views into a song and release it? Although not an overt political writer, he has dabbled with politics before, ''Civil War'' perhaps and the Chinese stuff. Now write me a masterpiece demonstrating the shortcomings and nefariousness of Trump and we can all listen. Some of the greatest rock songs are (American) political: ''Ohio'' for instance.

Nope. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Alright alright, if Rose insists on being political, thinking he is Bob Dylan, why couldn't he put his political views into a song and release it? Although not an overt political writer, he has dabbled with politics before, ''Civil War'' perhaps and the Chinese stuff. Now write me a masterpiece demonstrating the shortcomings and nefariousness of Trump and we can all listen. Some of the greatest rock songs are (American) political: ''Ohio'' for instance.

Nope. 

Most of his writing that dabs into societal observations definitely leans more to aggressive rock. Whatever inspires him should be good. The question as always, will we ever hear it? 

16 hours ago, soon said:

Since I saw the news item (which was everywhere here) when trump toured the mask factory to Live and Let Die, it only took me 15 minutes or so and a handful of other people’s posts to figure out what Guns were talking about with this shirt :lol: 

The news story was editorialized the same way as the shirts messaging. So like, it makes sense in that light. 

I am pleased that we are talking about the ethics of clothing though. Hope that continues!! Everyone check your labels for where your shirts were made and let’s get angry about it!! Lol

I dont have a problem with it...its sattire and in no way  trying to belittle the global pandemic.  I do agree though that the proceeds should go to charity.

• Like 1

Yeah fuck this band. I'll still listen to the same tracks I always have because I love them, and honesty it's all we got anyway. I mean Axl will sit there and bitch about the Trump admin killing 80,000 (although the virus did it actually as it did all over the globe, and Trump had no hand in that), but at the same time go forward with a concert in Mexico when every other tour was getting postponed even then. Where was his sympathy for human beings let alone fans at that time?

The band or management or whoever blocks fans from enjoying their concerts and footage in a time when EVERY band in existence is doing something for the their fans. Not for money or publicity, but for the enjoyment for the fans that are pretty bummed out right now. Personally I'm fortunate in that I am in IT working for a tech company, and we have been working remotely since the 2nd week of March. So financially and productivity wise I'm good. Even still "cabin fever" is REAL thing. Mentally it puts a load on you, and especially when your office is home. You essentially never leave your home or work. I can't even begin too tell you how joyous it would be for me to check out the concerts from their/my heyday. In fact even for the CD era fans there would be a ton of enjoyment for fans during that time period.

All we get is feign virtue signalling to "show compassion", but deep down they don't give a shit. As witnessed by the shirt. It is NOT about charity, and even if it were we are talking pennies to the dollar they would make from it. On top that the "charity" would more than likely be their crew. Which is fine, but don't put it out there like you are going to give to charity to try and feed the world. I wouldn't even put it past them to concoct this scheme to stay relevant in media during down time. Instead of you know actually releasing music too stay relevant. This whole band is bullshit now. To me anyway.

To close this is not even about pro-Trump vs anti-Trump. If you love the shirt and hate Trump more power to you. Buy a box of them, and hand them out on the street corner if you want. Just do it wearing a mask and gloves, or GnR might put you on a shirt. This is my personal decision, and to use the GnR favorite word say "Fuck you" back. It's been real, and have really enjoyed this community regardless of what side of the fence each of you are on (Classic era vs NuGnR era, Anti-Trump vs Pro-Trump). Even you Rock n Roll keyboardists :lol:. The shirt is not why I'm done with this band. I think for myself, and have NEVER looked to celebrity's for political views. No matter what side of the fence an artist is on I can still enjoy art, be it music or film, that touches me personally. I could care less of the political views of any artist. They have just as much a right to their opinions or views as anyone else. I am not also one to scream "leave politics out of it". Politics have played a role in music since rock n roll was born (you can even say it started with Blues). It is just the last straw for me in a mound of straw.

Anyway I am certain no one really cares whether a user still listed as "newbie" with only 40 posts comes around or not. With @Gambit83 interviews, and @RussTCB podcasts on my radar there is no need to come back for band news that's for sure. I guess I will come back when a new album is upon us. Of course I'm sure my account will become disabled due to no activity before then. PEACE OUT!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

Haven't you heard? No-one is listening to music during lockdowns, but they are ordering huge numbers of low-quality t-shirts. 

No but in case I just cancelled ALL my pre-orders from bands that DO release new music despite what's going on. I wanna be like all the others:

*I didn't cancell my Spotify becuse Fernando MIGHT add more playlists from 14 year old gigs

*I ordered my shirt, one for my wife also because she likes quality fashion

6 hours ago, Blackstar said:

it's because the media is far more informed, intelligent, and socially aware than the average GNR fan - especially the ones that spend the entire day posting on internet forums rather than doing something productive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, nambis said:

it's because the media is far more informed, intelligent, and socially aware than the average GNR fan - especially the ones that spend the entire day posting on internet forums rather than doing something productive.

I presume you include yourself in the latter....seeing as you posted it on an internet forum? 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nambis said:

Yet here you are with us...Many aren’t being as productive as they wish during this time. Many can also multitask. 

I think many fans here wish they would put  in the same amount of thought into their fan relations and the content they make available as they seem to do with meme shirts  

Edited by guitarpatch

4 minutes ago, Dazey said:

Your guy literally suggested people inject themselves with bleach. :lol: 

When even that isn't enough to make people think 'hold on, this guy is a dangerous moron' you know there's really no point in continuing the debate. 

If someone can't see what a cretin Tango Man is now, they likely never will do. Although I'm pretty sure they all do, but just don't want to be seen admitting it. 

Anyway, the shirt is shit. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tadsy said:

You really missed the point. I had a whole lot of points typed but then deleted them because you honestly wouldn’t get it anyway. 

Hmm I am more than capable of understanding any view point, I don't have to get all silly and try to throw around insults on the internet in place of actually making a point either.  But you do you bud.

14 hours ago, Gibsonfender2323 said:

So you would waste your money on a poorly timed shirt to “own the trumpets?” 

Shirt probably took 6 minutes to “make”

I don't dress, say or do anything to "own" anybody.  I could honestly not give one shit what anybody thinks about me or my opinions.  That doesn't stop me from expressing myself though.  I buy and do things for me, nobody else.  When you start only doing things for yourself you aren't wasting your money man.

1 hour ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

It now says proceeds will go to charity: "100% OF NET PROCEEDS WILL BE DONATED TO MUSICARES*"

This was certainly not the original intention. This is the result of bad press. 

When a charitable contribution is tied to the verbiage “100% net proceeds” it always comes with a slurry of backend deductions that subtract extensively from the “gross”. Typically they will include everything under the sun that could conceivably stand up to an audit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, downzy said:

It's not a bad way to raise money for charity.

What was bad was not making this clear from the get go.  

Right Downzy, if it's anti Trump it's all good!  It wasn't for charity until they realized how stupid it was.  

6 minutes ago, downzy said:

Yes, it is good if it's anti-Trump.  Everything should be anti-Trump.

As to whether charity was their original intention, I have a hard time believing that they would try to make a few thousand dollars and further damage their reputation over a few t-shirts.

Make sure you get yours before they sell out now that everybody knows they're for charity.