*OFFICIAL* MERCH THREAD

29 minutes ago, GNRfanJen said:

What I'm curious about since these holiday items are now up for sale, is if/when we're getting that announcement of the NITL blu-ray/pro-shot that Fernando said was supposedly coming out this year. Now, I'm not naive enough believe that's actually happening, but let's just say it is. If we do actually get it this year, I would assume they'd have to come out and announce it soon, no? To make the Christmas deadline and all since that'll be here before we know it. 

But again, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if that was canned. 

I don't think it would be possible now to be honest, time scale wise, to get something physical announced, advertised, manufactured and distributed before Christmas. 

If it was happening I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now. 

• GNFNR 1

Could you imagine going back in time, to say 87 and say to axl, in 23 years time you will have a 100.00 appetite cross as an ornament to put on your xmas tree?.

It beggers beleif that you cannot buy physical music or downloads apart from the greatest hits via their store, when most big bands have this.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GNRfanJen said:

What I'm curious about since these holiday items are now up for sale, is if/when we're getting that announcement of the NITL blu-ray/pro-shot that Fernando said was supposedly coming out this year. Now, I'm not naive enough believe that's actually happening, but let's just say it is. If we do actually get it this year, I would assume they'd have to come out and announce it soon, no? To make the Christmas deadline and all since that'll be here before we know it. 

But again, it wouldn't shock me in the slightest if that was canned. 

I would guess it's not happening this year now.

• GNFNR 1

20 hours ago, allwaystired said:

Who continues to buy his stuff? Some people must do otherwise they wouldn't continue to pump it all out. 

Comes to something when you look at a load of products and think a jigsaw of a close up of spaghetti is the only thing you'd get any value out of! 

Bored Wives & Girlfriends. Band merch is an easy Christmas present idea.....

• 2 weeks later...

anyone buy the 7 Lith set? I just picked it up cuz of the 20% discount, I am surprised to see it as long as I have because it is only a 150 limited run though the Lithographs are not that appealing and the $175 normal price is less appealing , still I feel I must have seen them selling them on the website for about 2 years

GNR_LITHO_Box_Set_w_Lithos_1_RGB-new-1_8

• Like 1

On 11/27/2020 at 5:16 PM, k12 said:

anyone buy the 7 Lith set? I just picked it up cuz of the 20% discount, I am surprised to see it as long as I have because it is only a 150 limited run though the Lithographs are not that appealing and the $175 normal price is less appealing , still I feel I must have seen them selling them on the website for about 2 years

GNR_LITHO_Box_Set_w_Lithos_1_RGB-new-1_8

I did buy it back when.  IMO, very nice packaging, and the prints are nice too.  Yeah, the price can always be better, not sure how that's determined or who makes the determination.

Some of the merch is terrible, but I was glad to see some of the 2019 tour merch. I picked up the hoodie at a good price. Who knows what happens with concerts post COVID vaccine, but 2019 was the last great year of concerts before all of our lives were changed by the pandemic 

Glad to have another memento from two good shows 

• Like 1

Trying to think what I've ever bought Merchandise-wise with Guns.  An Use Your Illusion I shirt from the market when I was 13.  Used to have the Charlie Don't Surf shirt but thats not exactly official shit.  What else?  Struggling to think of anything.  Oh, yeah, I had a Slash shirt, a big fuckin' picture of his face, again not official merchandise, a big picture of his face with a fag on, something like:

91KsPibEIIL._UX342_.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/12/2020 at 10:39 AM, Sydney Fan said:

I wish the website woukd stock the white UZI suicide shirt was part of the, i think europe 2018 merchandise.

I always liked the Uzi Suicide shirt they were selling on the European leg of NITL tour, but as a fellow Aussie, never had an opportunity to get a hold of one. Ended up buying a bootleg online, lol.

Edited by Live Like a Suicide

I have had a look around at other group's mech and they are not much different to GNR, for instance  you can purchase a rather fetching stool from the Rolling Stones:).  I hate the selling of merchandise as it not very rock n roll but our capitalist societies demand this kind of thing and I dont think the groups themselves have much to do with it.

What they decide to sell is no big deal to me as its all about the music (or lack of).

5 hours ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I always liked the Uzi Suicide shirt they were selling on the European leg of NITL tour, but as a fellow Aussie, never had an opportunity to get a hold of one. Ended up buying a bootleg online, lol.

With the other useless crap they put on the merch site, im miffed why they havnt put that particular shirt online. Its better than that other ghastly illusions sweater.

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 2

I thought their 2002-2006 Merch was the best, and even beyond that into the final CD era. I have a bunch, at least a dozen, shirts and a few other things from that time. I thought the 2006 logo was best, I didn't care for the 2008 logo, and didn't even like the album cover with the exception of the two alternate covers that were not officially released. 

13 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

With the other useless crap they put on the merch site, im miffed why they havnt put that particular shirt online. Its better than that other ghastly illusions sweater.

If i had to guess, i would say they probably made a limited run and don't think the Uzi Suicide shirt would have the same selling potential as other shirts with more recognisable logos (like the AFD cross, bullet logo or UYI figure, etc).

Edited by Live Like a Suicide
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

If i had to guess, i would say they probably made a limited run and don't think the Uzi Suicide shirt would have the same selling potential as other shirts with more recognisable logos (like the AFD cross, bullet logo or UYI figure, etc).

True. But the shirt i thought would have more selling potential than those stupid hell tourshirts and the best one off all  covid45 shirt :facepalm:

• Like 2

• 7 months later...