The Finances of GNR's Tour

7 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

how the payout could be shared... from 3mil they are being payed.. it seems 750k for Slash Axl Duff and 250k for Dizzy Frank and Fortus which amounts to 3 mil right?

You have to pay the crew too, so that split would be a little off, plus you're forgetting Keyboard player no. 2. 

That story is based off MSL, and where did he get his info? Is he just guessing like the rest of us? Seems to me like he's just a bit more brazen, and doesn't mind letting people think he might have "inside information". 

I put zero stock in what the article said. But! obviously Slash, Duff and Axl will be getting paid the lions share of the money (the only credible bit of info in the entire piece).

Now! there is an outside possibility that MSL got to talk to Izzy and Izzy spilled the beans... but, I think that's pretty ludicrous. If Izzy was going to tell all on a Guns forum, you would imagine it would be to a mygnr admin.

Bands generally say that a Coachella gig covers rehearsals and tour expenses, printing up tour books and t-shirts, so the break even point Duff said about UYI happens sooner than later with these festival gigs. That's probably why you saw GNR book a festival show and then did a short leg. 

If this is true, then I wonder if Slash, Duff and Axl didn't want to split the profits equally with the other original members - Izzy and Steven/Matt? Could this be why they're not part of the reunion? Just wondering.