Norwegian politician who was raped by Somali asylum seeker says he felt GUILTY after attacker was deported

st0n3r

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/norwegian-politician-who-raped-somali-7712668

I recently noticed a lot of discussion about Western society being to accomodating for newcomers and wether that we, as 'hosts' should feel guilty or not when non-european immigrants are doing bad (economically, socially) in our countries. People who know me a bit from around this forum know my stance on this, but I believe the story in this article, while 'sensationalist', shows that  some people are not rational anymore in their will to protect so-called 'vulnerable members of society'.

Victim is raped -->  perpatrator is caught --> perpatrator is an asylym seeker --> perpatrator is deported. This is the logical part. 

Perpatrator is deported --> victim  has a strong feeling of guilt and responsibility, because he  " is the reason that he would not be in Norway anymore, but rather sent to a dark uncertain future in Somalia." This is illogical. 

Or is it?

Edited by st0n3r

Unnatural situations and stresses give rise to irrational and unnatural responses in people also.  I mean it's like those captives who are kidnapped for like 15 years and end up identifying with their kidnapper and worrying about them after their capture/arrest.  i think there's even something admirable about it.  It illustrates the different between an evil cunt and a person with heart beautifully.

Edited by Len B'stard
  • Like 1

Nicely put @Len B'stard.

People are quick to judge. In my work I see many examples where people are a product of their upbringing, living their lives in a way many of us would see as alien to us but is and always has been the norm for them.  I can see the sadness that the victim felt that the man was sent back to the very place that shaped him and probably led him to do such a thing.

1 hour ago, Lithium said:

Yeah, I saw the show where he told his story. He didn't even want to hurt him too badly with the knife when he escaped. If it was me, I would have done like Marcellus Wallace. 

You would have been Marcellus Wallace and you would have sucked his dingus like a lollypop.

Edited by PappyTron

Well if he feels guilty then probably because he was dressed the wrong way. Seriously that Somali probably had a tough childhood and then he meets a juicy politician dressed up like a slut. Come that was no way rape but an act of patriotism for his new found homeland. They shoulda given him a medal or something. Someone punches you in the face and you say sorry, the end must be fucking near.

• Like 1

There are people out there whoose children get killed by psychos and they don't bay for blood either, I think it's seriously admirable.  And anyway, it's only talking about a conflicted emotion, it's not like she's gone out of her way of actively campaign for amnesty for the fucker.

36 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

There are people out there whoose children get killed by psychos and they don't bay for blood either, I think it's seriously admirable.  And anyway, it's only talking about a conflicted emotion, it's not like she's gone out of her way of actively campaign for amnesty for the fucker.

Thats a form of self hate and self punishment if you ask me. Im not into that. Im going to chop the fucking hand off thats after me and my family.

Just now, JeanGenie said:

Thats a form of self hate and self punishment if you ask me. Im not into that. Im going to chop the fucking hand off thats after me and my family.

I don't think it is at all.  It's one thing assessing a thing from a detached point of view, like a 'what if', but honestly, if i had a kid and they got killed, I'm really fuckin' talking about something i dunno shit about it so take it for what it's worth, but if someone said to me, OK, the guy can get the death penalty or not, I'd like to think (like to think being an important phrase here) i'd go for the 'not' option.  For the simple reason of...why bother?  Is it gonna bring my kid back?  What is it that I'm actually satisfying in myself to need to see another person dead, whats it achieve?  Fuck all.  He could die, his whole family could die, ain't gonna bring my kid back is it?  And if you're anti-death penalty as many people are it's consistent to a point of view.

I don't think it's self hate or self punishment, i think it's just seeing life for what it is, something thats not black and white, its about not allowing a monsterous world to make a monster of you.  Not that I'm saying rape victims who want their attacker to go down or die or whatever are monsters, just that the opposite, people that are victims and are still capable of such responses are worthy of applause. 

These sorts of unnatural crimes, murder, rape, what they do to a person I'm sure cannot be understood from the outside looking in.  The effect they must have on a person mentally must be shattering, so I'll applaud anyone that can come out of that with feelings of compassion.  And remember, all we're talking about is a person expressing AN emotion she had, sometimes we have emotions that we know to be wrong or bad, it's not like she's saying this should be a standard or shes making a comment that anyone should act upon.

• Like 1

Come on. If some Somalian stuck his todger up your nether regions, would this be your reply,

"But I also had a strong feeling of guilt and responsibility. I was the reason that he would not be in Norway anymore, but rather sent to a dark uncertain future in Somalia."

What a weak, lefty, politically correct, Euro poofta. I bet he is a Manchester United fan.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Come on. If some Somalian stuck his todger up your nether regions, would this be your reply,

What a weak, lefty, politically correct, Euro poofta. I bet he is a Manchester United fan.

If the human race remained committed to knee-jerk emotional responses like that we would learn nothing about ourselves.  What I would or wouldn't do isn't really the point here, the relationship between victims and their attackers is a weird one.  

9 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

If the human race remained committed to knee-jerk emotional responses like that we would learn nothing about ourselves.  What I would or wouldn't do isn't really the point here, the relationship between victims and their attackers is a weird one.  

You said it. I'm sure they will make a happy couple.

What you were alluding to before is of course Stockholm syndrome which is a lot different from being bummed up the arse.

32 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You said it. I'm sure they will make a happy couple.

What you were alluding to before is of course Stockholm syndrome which is a lot different from being bummed up the arse.

I know its a lot different, i was using it as an example of the complexities of what goes on during traumas, not saying this is identical or even similar.

Like i said if we were to commit to this sort of thinking we would never learn anything about the human race, life is a lot more complicated than such broad moral absolutes.

Edited by Len B'stard

6 hours ago, JeanGenie said:

Well if he feels guilty then probably because he was dressed the wrong way. Seriously that Somali probably had a tough childhood and then he meets a juicy politician dressed up like a slut. Come that was no way rape but an act of patriotism for his new found homeland. They shoulda given him a medal or something. Someone punches you in the face and you say sorry, the end must be fucking near.

:lol::lol::lol:

Liebe es!

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

I know its a lot different, i was using it as an example of the complexities of what goes on during traumas, not saying this is identical or even similar.

Like i said if we were to commit to this sort of thinking we would never learn anything about the human race, life is a lot more complicated than such broad moral absolutes.

You are sounding like Graeme. Just chuck in a few 'wees' and other Scottish lingo.

I'm sorry but that guy deserved to get raped. What a pratt. What is it with Scandinavians these days? They used to be hairy arsed beer slugging warriors, descending from long boats for rape and pillage, whereas now they are ''morally conscious'' lefty homosexuals listening to naff euro pop.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

One the one hand morally concious is a problem, on the other hand you have a go at terrorists, surely Bataclan, Belgium, 9/11, all that stuff should be right up your alley.  You want old world morality, rape and hairyness, well then what better than ISIS? :lol:  

Whats better than a human enlightened and intelligent enough and strong enough mentality to overcome rape and not let it crush them and destroy their lives, surely thats to be applauded?  

What it all boils down to is this immense fear that you might be pussies, doesn't it? :lol:  Innit funny the difference in sympathy levels when a bloke gets raped?

Edited by Len B'stard

Seriously, Len, what about the victims? We have such a perpetuator concentrated justice system anyways. If victims can overcome these horrible events I applaud them. Many victims surely cannot. But putting legal measures like sending a rapist back where he comes from (at the very least he abused the hospitality of his new country, didnt he?) in the same ballpark as ISIS is disgusting.  

If these guys swim over in a banana boat to benefit from our living standard (although they reject the way we live) you tell me they take their lives in their own hands. And when they make it here theyre not accountable for their actions because they had a hard time. 

30 minutes ago, JeanGenie said:

Seriously, Len, what about the victims? We have such a perpetuator concentrated justice system anyways. If victims can overcome these horrible events I applaud them. Many victims surely cannot. But putting legal measures like sending a rapist back where he comes from (at the very least he abused the hospitality of his new country, didnt he?) in the same ballpark as ISIS is disgusting.  

If these guys swim over in a banana boat to benefit from our living standard (although they reject the way we live) you tell me they take their lives in their own hands. And when they make it here theyre not accountable for their actions because they had a hard time. 

Oh everything about the victims man!  Absolutely everything, don't get me wrong here, we're talking about a sentiment here, not a proposal for legislature to protect rapists who might find themselves being deported to a dangerous country, fuck em.  I'm just talking about the sentiment, the idea, the complexity of human emotions and the way they clash or appear to clash with what we might consider the obvious.  Fuck the rapist, send him back and let him get whatevers coming to him, alls i was doing was attempting to explain that a person isn't a fuckin' moron or a self hater or some kind of retard for having that consideration.  Also it's worth bearing in mind that alls we're talking about is a notion that crossed someones mind, the human brain don't think in absolutes or respond to things in this one singular way down the centre of the road, it goes here, it goes there, as far as i know no ones actually arguing for the rapist in this situation.

Alls that was said to my mind was, oh, this guys gonna get sent back to a fucked up place, i feel guilty.  Not guilty for getting raped but in the way one might see a fuckin', i dunno, an appeal for famine relief and feel bad, not everybody thinks in this blood for blood kind of way, the guy hasn't said that there shouldn't be a penalty or a consequence for his crime, and even a heavy one.  Not everyone thinks about the idea of say a man sitting in a prison cell for the rest of his life, guilty or otherwise, and thinks 'FUCK YEAH!'.  Or even 'oh my God that poor little misunderstood flower who was just a victim of a social inequality', it's like i been saying it's just shades of things and it's not morally consistent to be like 'he deserves to get raped!' or 'what a fuckin' dick' just based on the fact that a notion crossed his mind.  

If it were me in that position, a) it wouldn't happen cuz he'd die attempting :lol: and b) I'd go looking for him with a blade but I'm not the fuckin' moral yardstick upon which particularly anything should be judged, my emotive responses are totally different to what i know to be right or wrong sitting in a calm and sober environment.

Just now, bran said:

i would be pissed he got deported too, i wouldn't have the chance to slit his throat. seriously, the world needs to get out of their little hug boxes and grow a set.

Give us a hug Bran, oh go on! :lol:  I promise i won't tell all your metaller mates if you get a semi-on :lol:

• Like 1