Rolling Stone Article: 10 great Guns N Roses songs only hardcore fans know

If you aren't that familiar with all the unreleased stuff, this might be a good read (and listen). I thought I knew all rare known GNR tracks like their studio version of Heartbreak Hotel or stuff like Just Another Sunday, however I was surprised and glad I checked this out because I ended up not actually having heard 2 songs, "Goodnight Tonight" and an alt. version of the acoustic version of Youre Crazy which they did before Lies was recorded, and WTF it's so much better than the version on Lies! Not even joking, I love slashs solo a lot more on this, aswell as Axls different vocals. And lol @ their comment about Dont Damn Me.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/10-insanely-great-guns-n-roses-songs-only-hardcore-fans-know-20160408

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

What in the world? Don't Damn Me is regrettable and Just Another Sunday is insanely great? Oh well opinions are like assholes I guess. :shrugs:

Seems like they kinda misunderstood Axl's quote about Catcher In The Rye though. Bumblefoots solo was not the one that was constructed from edits based around Brian May's throwaway takes. It was the Brian May solo that was cut n pasted.

All this is is a phone call from LiveNation to Rolling Stone this morning saying, "we need last minute buzz to really get tickets moving today, come up with something!"  Really just not a good or necessary article.

On 4/9/2016 at 6:29 AM, EvH said:

I long for the days when the music "press" wasn't simply making top 10s and top 50s about the same bands.

This one was a little more interesting than most, but I totally hear what you're saying. I avoid most subjective lists because I see them for what they are, but at least a little thought went into this one. Better yet, at least it's a same page list and not something you have to click ten times to read. Still, it's sad that people love lists as much as they do. It's easy clicks for websites, and then if the author really wants to be sketchy he/she will intentionally go against the grain and by including something outlandish in their rankings just to get people talking about it. 

• Like 1