Axl Breaks A Bone In His Foot

30 minutes ago, madison said:

I feel bad for Axl. :(

It would have been really painful performing after he broke his foot during the Troubadour show, and yet he kept going and never let on about the pain he was in.  That says a lot. :heart:

Clearly, he really wants to do this tour and is happy being with his old bandmates again. 

Everyone is behind you Axl and we're really excited about this tour. Hope your foot heals faster than expected! 

I think the adrenaline kept him going...but must have been painful taking of that cowboy boot! 

I don't see where it states he hurt himself at the show last week.  I'd be very surprised if that's where it happened.  You'd get an "ouch", a whince, a limp, a pause, something.  I didn't see any mentions of this.  

Cool that he's going on with the show, and I don't see this as a negative at all.  He won't get winded so they'll be less trips backstage for oxygen.  He'll also stay out of Slash's face.  I'm expecting a good performance with his vocals like he did when he pouted in Dublin.  Looking forward to seeing the videos! 

I've been out of the loop all day but I heard this on my drive home. The first thing I thought was how it'll do wonders for his vocals - it'll be a Dublin 2010 but where he's in good spirits and not all pissed off. That's not necessarily a bad thing when the Axl of old would have probably cancelled the entire tour. He seems motivated again, which is no doubt due to Slash and Duff. Sounds like he'll be good to go by the tour proper anyways.

Quite often the injury (even a broken bone) does not manifest in pain while the person is still physically active. It usually starts to hurt like bitch afterwards, when the body "cools down" a little..so, it's not really surprising Axl managed to keep it up..but I believe he felt the real pain after the show..

Edited by Kenan
  • Like 1

I was at the troubadour show and when he went backwards he went down hard and didn't pop right back up. That was the first time I felt some concern that he hurt himself. During the first song It's so easy and then Brownstone, he was jumping on and off the riser as was Slash. This particular time he went down hard flat on his back. I though he got his foot caught and the slam of him hitting the stage was loud.  He definitely was less active after that he was working on pure adrenaline but obviously couldn't do what he was doing prior.  I had heard he left the show right after and went to the hospital so that rumor was obviously true. 

1. so he probably broke his foot when he slipped on stage in l.a.

2. interesting to see him just sitting? and totally focusing on his voice.

edit:

from tmz:

The real GNR is playing its first arena show in decades tonight and Saturday night in Las Vegas. We're told the injury happened when Axl slipped onstage while singing "Mr. Brownstone" during last Friday's Troubadour show. We're told Axl knew something was busted, but toughed it out. Rock 'N' roll. 

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/08/axl-rose-broken-foot-guns-n-roses/#ixzz45HGLkyTQ

Edited by maxpax

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

It was Dublin 2010 or 2012. 

2010, vocally brilliant. memorable performance to be at the front row :)

He injured himself on the UYI tour too, plenty of videos with a cast on, didn't hold him back much... but that was 20 years ago. I expect Axl to Dave Grohl treatment in the press now for breaking his toe and continuing the show...not likely.

I also remember seeing vids from a show in 2006 where he was pissed off and standing on one spot. Anyone remembers which show was that? I don't mean the better vid from a festival, that's a different thing.

Axl posted the video of his doctor on his twitter account.

What a trooper! Having the stage set constructed so he can perform with his broken bone.

Thank goodness it wasn't his hip!

GNR fans should be grateful that Axl is still performing. I'm sure he was in a lot of pain.

But the show must go on!

HA!...such brilliant timing, is it me or does Uncle Axl do this just to make things interesting, he really does have the worse luck for tour related injury's, Gotta love Axl, always expect the unexpected.

I spend the day barely looking at GN'R news and just now I do a google search and see Axl has tweeted, Axl has broke his foot, Axl will go on with the show, and they've released an official video of the Troubadour show.

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Man, he's really trying hard to get out of this reunion. 

LOL.  This should be a contender for funniest post of the year

3 minutes ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

I spend the day barely looking at GN'R news and just now I do a google search and see Axl has tweeted, Axl has broke his foot, Axl will go on with the show, and they've released an official video of the Troubadour show.

LOL.  This should be a contender for funniest post of the year

Glad someone appreciated it :lol:

It does remind me of what happened before the UYI tour...he hurt his foot at a warmup gig that was announced on very short notice there too.

Axl was in amazing shape when he hurt his ankle/foot during UYI; pro athletes get hurt this way too. It happens.

• 2 weeks later...