Dave Grohl and Axl Rose

What a great gesture it was for Dave to let Axl use his thrown. That's just Dave being Dave. But I'm picturing something grand here. A future Dave Grohl and Axl collaboration would be fucking beautiful. A GnR and Foo Fighter tour?? How does that sound??

15 minutes ago, EvH said:

Generic AF, as per all of the Foo Fighters' output so far.

No it actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

In fact what would've been cool wouldve been and "impromptu" jam session with Dave on drums and allow Dave to make a joke about how he always wanted to be in GnR so as part of him letting Axl usethe throne he gets to have a few minutes in the band. The place would've went wild. 

17 minutes ago, EvH said:

Generic AF, as per all of the Foo Fighters' output so far.

Color and the shape was a killer album. A real listen to it all album. It has been downhill from there though. I don't think I even bothered with the last couple. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Color and the shape was a killer album. A real listen to it all album. It has been downhill from there though. I don't think I even bothered with the last couple. 

Pretty much all of their music makes me yawn.

Edited by EvH
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bono said:

No it actually sounds pretty fucking awesome.

Well to each his own.

To me, the Foo Fighters make some of the most boring and bland rock music I've ever heard. Sixx AM levels of blandness.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, EvH said:

Well to each his own.

To me, the Foo Fighters make some of the most boring and bland rock music I've ever heard. Sixx AM levels of blandness.

And yet they manage to put on insanely kickass rock shows where their auidence is rocking out from start to finish and always left wanting more. To each their own but if they are bland then I fucking love bland. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bono said:

And yet they manage to put on insanely kickass rock shows where their auidence is rocking out from start to finish and always left wanting more. To each their own but if they are bland then I fucking love bland. 

I sure hope their own audience like their shows.

I never mentioned their live performances, by the way. I was talking about their studio output, which I find boring as fuck.

Good for you if you like them! ;)

31 minutes ago, EvH said:

I sure hope their own audience like their shows.

I never mentioned their live performances, by the way. I was talking about their studio output, which I find boring as fuck.

Good for you if you like them! ;)

It's all good. To each there own. But I think the dynamic of both artists putting their heads together would be fun to watch. You got the most volatile singer in rock teaming up with the nicest guy in rock. Would be EPIC. I'm telling you. 

Edited by Carne_asaDA

Foo Fighters are a good rock band but they've failed to evolve in the last twenty years... they keep making the same records. That's no crime of course, but it's definitely somewhat boring.

And why is it such a great gesture from Dave Grohl to lend that chair? Both Slash and Duff have been friendly with him over the years, them being in his Sonic Highways documentary, Dave playing on Slash's solo record, etc. So it wouldn't have been a big deal for them to give him a call and it would be kinda weird if he declined something small like that.

I like some Foo Fighters songs but I wouldn't identify myself as a Foo Fighters fan, per se (I don't really know any of their deep cuts, I don't really have any of their albums nor have I extensively listened to any of them), so that probably leaves me in a good place to comment on this.  I tagged along with my brother and some friends to their concert at Wrigley Field last year, and they put on a KICK ASS show.

can't help but seeing the symbolism in this gesture.

up until now, foo fighters were more or less considered one of the last "vintage" rock bands with an attitude. i got that vibe reading some of the comments on Dave's leg injury during a concert, and the media jumped on this and lauded this for it's "vintage rock attitude" you didnt see in rock music anymore. nothing could be farther from the truth of course, but that's what some media would want you to believe. Dave was a great drummer in Nirvana but his subsequent adventures left me indifferent. generic rock it was, interchangeable with so many other bands.

and Dave only managed a couple of songs before giving up, while Axl carried on performing a whole concert doing snake dances and other shit.

Axl "ain't got no time to bleed"

now that the real GNR is back, they have claimed their throne back so to speak. 

• Like 2