Happy Slash

mend

Slash was rocking out hard on DTJ last night according to the videos.  Running around during the intro part.

I see a very positive demeanor comimg from the entire band.  Where this whole Slash is unhappy thing hss been comimg from the past week, I dont get

• Like 1

To me it's Slash just being the way he's been in recent years 100% concentrating and getting into it. With what I've seen Slash is happy. Axl seems happy and a different person with Slash and Duff there and it takes the pressure off him and the same can be said of Slash. The focus isn't on them individually anymore like with their bands and both can relax and enjoy it a bit more 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Let me guess.. He played Chinese democracy songs so you figured you'd make a thread.

Get a life

Wow how wonderful that you can see from your screen if i have a life or not....  it has nothing to do with the songs he played! i just saw some vids and for me there is some thing missing in his performance. and i thought, this being a friendly communion i would ask the question. But it seems that i bothers ppl that i ask a question so maybe some mod wants to close this treat for the sake of no argument!

THANKS

from the rolling stone review:

"As fans turned for the exits, not many noted that Slash and Rose, on crutches, headed offstage together, their heads turned to one another. It was impossible to know what was being said. But their body language suggested two survivors who recognized a kindred spirit.  "

those who say slash acts like this, because he is focused on the music, may be right. you'll understand more of his behaviour if your read his book.

basically what i remember from his book, is his general feeling that he's had many lost opportunities when he was still in GNR. he blamed this on Axl's lateness as well as on his own addictions and those of his bandmembers. Slash pretty much was high continusously which influenced his performance. then, he had 23 years to remember what could have happened.

for slash, all he wants to do is play in a rock band, and play his ass off and impress people just like he was impressed by Aerosmith's live performances. he could never truly reach that goal. the '80s and '90s were just too erratic and chaotic. a bit of drama is ok, welcome even. but when it fucks up something like playing with the stones, you get sort of a bad aftertaste.

to me its obvious Slash wants to settle the score. (so does Axl, for that matter. just look at him; all smiles). For Slash, this means losing himself in the music. that's why he went back to jubilee amps, why he plays his heart out. read his book. I'm sure that in the past two shows he's already got more satisfaction than the entire UYI tour combined. Axl was "on time" and "reliable" (whatever that means), the band is sober, and they are selling out stadiums just like the old days.

and for those that still arent convinced: he's seen smiling on pictures and getting along with Axl.

Edited by action
  • Like 4

Ok..It looks I need to point out the obvious so here it goes:

1. Slash is miserable since joining GNR

2. Photos in which he looks happy are staged.

3. Some of those photos are photoshopped.

4. According to my sources, Slash is kept in between the concert in Axl's secret undeground chamber, living inside the cage and occasionally being given bread and water.

• Like 3

It's like people won't believe he's happy until they see him kissing Axl and doing backflips on stage. All the calls for hugging in the Troubadour thread became a bit much, but it's funny to see how invested people are in their friendship and in whether Slash is happy. When that guy periscoping acted out the supposed hug with some girl, I cracked up. :lol: 

He seemed fine to me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Danny said:

I will say this about him.  It's about time a millionaire in his 50's dresses a little better for a big performance than just grabbing an old tshirt from his hamper.

I think you will be waiting for a long long time for Slash to change his look. :lol:

Yeah, close this shit. Slash wants to be doing this. If he didn't, he wouldn't have agreed to do it. If you're not focused and look a tad aggressive while playing rock music like GNR, you shouldn't be playing it anyways. I've seen plenty of pics with smiles. All is well.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Guigsdaddy76 said:

I find it very odd that slash  has agdeed to play songs from chinese.  I wonder ho that al went down.

I think it would have been more odd for Slash to go into this thing demanding that Axl forget all he's done under  the GNR banner in the last 20 years. 

• Like 1

:facepalm:

God, does everything really need to be overanalyzed with this band?? lol

just enjoy the show man, let Axl and Slash worry about their relationship..Slash is sober, he's not gonna be all extroverted on Stage. the man hides behind his guitar, top hat, sunglasses and curly hair for a reason, he's a shy dude, he just wants to play guitar.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NicDwolfwood said:

:facepalm:

God, does everything really need to be overanalyzed with this band?? lol

just enjoy the show man, let Axl and Slash worry about their relationship..Slash is sober, he's not gonna be all extroverted on Stage. the man hides behind his guitar, top hat, sunglasses and curly hair for a reason, he's a shy dude, he just wants to play guitar.

Exactly