Axl Rose appreciation thread

axl sounds like a new man

its pretty impressive

hopefully he will be smart enough to get izzy and steven back (or at least a decent drummer that doesnt speed up and kills the songs)

and hopefully GNR will write, record and release new songs soon

this threeunion is really fucking nice but it will get old fast

3 hours ago, Kenan said:

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind we'll be seeing new music. You really think all of this will be limited to live gigs, after more than 2 decades? No sir...

The new better intro gives my ears a boner I hope down by the ocean is the first release. 

Both in terms of his voice and his looks, it's clear he's put some work in. The foot injury was unfortunate, but in all honesty, this might gain Axl some "brownie points" within the media, which isn't a bad thing. Would LOVE to see what this group could do in the studio...

I suppose the pressure is reduced on Axl now Slash and Duff are around to take some of the slack.

Either way Axl seems to be aware of how important these shows are and has gone for it...of course the real biggie is next weekend, if he does this sort of performance at Coachella then those tickets on the stadium tour are gonna sell out in no time at all. As it is though these shows have probably moved alot of those that were 50-50 onto the side of going.

Well done Axl, just shows what abit of effort can do!

ps, he also really does just look like an older Axl, for perhaps the first time in a very long time.

Edited by koldweather

1 hour ago, adamwolff11 said:

Both in terms of his voice and his looks, it's clear he's put some work in. The foot injury was unfortunate, but in all honesty, this might gain Axl some "brownie points" within the media, which isn't a bad thing. Would LOVE to see what this group could do in the studio...

I agree with you! The reviews are saying awesome things about him and the show! 

the happiest one in this whole thing is Axl himself. who would have thought? who would have thought this even remotely in the realm of possibilities just a year ago?

a year ago there was bullshit being spread about him going to retire. an absolute low point it was and boy did we get the lows hard and plentiful.

and look now.

Some how his old friends give him his power, When Duff joined for a few shows, he was just amazing. When Izzy joined back in 2006, he sounded amazing.

Now with Slash and Duff back, I guess that did motivate Axl. 

Seriously this is like a dream man, like this thing was never gonna happen, but Slash, Axl and Duff on the same stage together? just awesome.