Izzy and steven

2 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

i have the impression that it is a very diplomatic answer.

I hope to get wrong, of course...

I don't think this is the only reason for him not being there, honestly. Why then would they keep it secret? Why not say Steven was to be here with us tonight but he's injured so you'll have to wait longer to see him but we wish him fast recovery? Why wouldn't he say something? Like I'm injured, hope to see you in the future or whatever? If it was supposed to be a certain thing for Adler to be there this would be more logical right? I don't know myself what to think of it but it's weird and the back injury seems hardly convincing...

I'm not hating on Frank, he's a good technical drummer but I would much rather have Steven or even Matt instead. That's not because I dislike this new hybrid line up, because I do like it. I'm just not a fan of Franks drumming on a few of the songs. Listening to Estranged from the first Vegas show, some of the drum fills just sounded odd and out of place. As far as Steven goes, there must be a very good reason why he's been so quiet. Izzy will just be Izzy and we have to respect his decisions.

I would like to see them back as full time members, but I don't think that its going to happen again. A guest spot will not be pleasing for me..they made the sound. It would be nice if they could go back to 1990 and re-write history though. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

I would like to see them back as full time members, but I don't think that its going to happen again. A guest spot will not be pleasing for me..they made the sound. It would be nice if they could go back to 1990 and re-write history though. 

thats a logical thing to hope for.

47 minutes ago, Asia said:

I don't think this is the only reason for him not being there, honestly. Why then would they keep it secret? Why not say Steven was to be here with us tonight but he's injured so you'll have to wait longer to see him but we wish him fast recovery? Why wouldn't he say something? Like I'm injured, hope to see you in the future or whatever? If it was supposed to be a certain thing for Adler to be there this would be more logical right? I don't know myself what to think of it but it's weird and the back injury seems hardly convincing...

yes but nobody is speaking about anything so silence might mean nothing. GN'R didn't even confirmed this lineup

I still can't understand. It doesn't make any sense. Izzy has been involved with Duff for many years. He also has worked with Slash on his first solo record. These guys are friends, undoubtedly. And, since 2006, Izzy is a constant figure in NuGuns gigs, including VIP treatment from Axl. So, if Izzy doesn't show up in the next concerts, it will be very very strange!

Edited by jpduff

5 hours ago, izzy92 said:

Can anyone blame Izzy? The guy started the band, left because he begged the other guys to get sober and they wouldn't, was tired of putting up with fines and the other guys showing up late all day long along with being drunk and high while doing it, and somehow at the same time being the childhood friend of Axl and only other sober person in the band being asked to go on salary back in 1991. Now they finally come back sober and reunited, and he gets lowballed and never even considered for a full time spot. In addition to that he openly supported Axl and Guns while Slash/Duff go on the shit-talking press tour of 2004-2007, while simultaneously guesting with Velvet Revolver. He also had the foresight to leave VR instead of sticking around for another 3 years of ridiculously late starts, drug abuse, and on stage ramblings. Meanwhile, people like Duff who never wrote anything and is nowhere close to the level of Slash get to walk in and demand an equal share after having zero contact with Axl for 15 years, and Izzy gets offered a part time 3 songs a night slot for some ridiculously low number. This has absolutely NOTHING to do with Izzy having high demands and everything to do with the three AFD members not wanting to split the pie 4 ways. Esacerbated by the fact that no ChiDem material would be able to be performed if you subbed in Izzy for Fortus.

That's all there is to it!

Where do you get your information?

Get in the Ring.

Duff never wrote anything?

You sir are an idiot.

3 hours ago, Italian girl said:

i have the impression that it is a very diplomatic answer.

I hope to get wrong, of course...

I agree with this. Marc can't avoid the question forever. He may have gone with the "official" response to avoid ruffling any feathers and protect Steven's privacy. I have to think that the clip from a few days back where Eddie Trunk was completely uncomfortable with the question and didn't want to answer it was perhaps a bit more telling.

i'm highly, highly worried about Steven. 

this is his last public picture. dont know what to think of this. he laughs but he looks sad as fuck. don't like the haircut either. why are we depreived of any updates on his condition?

adler2016.jpg

I hope it isn't just a money issue, where Axl, Slash and Duff didn't want to split the profits equally with Izzy and Steven/Matt. :(

I just don't understand why they're not part of this. We are soooo lucky that all of the original members are (miraculously) alive, healthy and wanting to be part of this reunion. There's just no reason for any "replacement" members to be there. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, nathanhall said:

Where do you get your information?

Get in the Ring.

Duff never wrote anything?

You sir are an idiot.

Info a fact, will come out sooner or later.

Writing credits:

Izzy (23 Songs, 5 entirely solo)

Nightrain (permanently in the set)

Out ta Get Me

Brownstone (permanent)

Paradise City (Permanent)

My Michelle (Sometimes)

Think About You

Sweet Child (Permanent)

Anything Goes

Reckless Life

Patience (Sometimes) (written solo)

Used to Love Her

You're Crazy

Right Next Door to Hell

Dust N Bones

Don't Cry (Sometimes)

Perfect Crime

You Ain't The First

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

Bad Apples

14 Years

Pretty Tied Up

You Could Be Mine (Permanent)

Duff (8 songs, 1 entirely solo)

It's so Easy (Permanent)

Nightrain (Permanent)

Dust N Bones

Bad Apples

Civil War (Permanent)

Get In The Ring

So Fine

There's no contest.

On top of this:

Izzy started the damn band.

Izzy is the first to get sober, stays on in the hopes the rest of the guys will follow. Gets asked to go on salary (LOL). Now that they've finally gotten clean and sober and are all friends again, once again Izzy is the one who gets totally shafted.

Izzy is Axl's childhood friend.

Izzy showed up to every single show on time and ready to play.

Izzy has supported every single project any band member has put out, has guested with VR and has guested with Axl's GNR.

Duff gets wasted every day of the UYI tour. 

Duff trashes Axl all day long from 2004-2007.

Duff only becomes friends with Axl again 3 years ago.

How in god's name does it make any sense that Duff would make 4x as much as Izzy in a hypothetical full AFD reunion? Because he moves around the stage more? It's a huge disservice that people sit here all day and say "oh it's because he's mysterious" or "oh it's because he'd rather do his own thing". No chance!! This is all about the original 3 not paying him what he deserves.

Edited by izzy92

1 hour ago, action said:

i'm highly, highly worried about Steven. 

this is his last public picture. dont know what to think of this. he laughs but he looks sad as fuck. don't like the haircut either. why are we depreived of any updates on his condition?

adler2016.jpg

We got an update from Marc Canter in the canter banter section. Adler hurt his back and needs time to heal. Didn't sound too incredibly serious so I'm still fairly confident he's involved. 

4 hours ago, jpduff said:

I still can't understand. It doesn't make any sense. Izzy has been involved with Duff for many years. He also has worked with Slash on his first solo record. These guys are friends, undoubtedly. And, since 2006, Izzy is a constant figure in NuGuns gigs, including VIP treatment from Axl. So, if Izzy doesn't show up in the next concerts, it will be very very strange!

Yeah it doesn't make sense to me either and until we get clear answers all we can do is speculate. I would be willing to bet my house that Izzy isn't involved right now due to him not getting the role he feels he's owed. Right now you're seeing a 3 way partnership between axl slash and duff and it seems based on izzys Twitter posts that he wanted to be included in on that with regard to booking gigs and probably his cut of the money as well. 

Another reason we need an interview though... But hopefully things change soon. You would think if axl And slash could work this out then they could work something out with Izzy too

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, izzy92 said:

Info a fact, will come out sooner or later.

Writing credits:

Izzy (23 Songs, 5 entirely solo)

Nightrain (permanently in the set)

Out ta Get Me

Brownstone (permanent)

My Michelle (Sometimes)

Think About You

Sweet Child (Permanent)

Anything Goes

Reckless Life

Patience (Sometimes) (written solo)

Used to Love Her

You're Crazy

Right Next Door to Hell

Dust N Bones

Don't Cry (Sometimes)

Perfect Crime

You Ain't The First

Bad Obsession

Double Talkin Jive

Bad Apples

14 Years

Pretty Tied Up

You Could Be Mine (Permanent)

Duff (8 songs, 1 entirely solo)

It's so Easy (Permanent)

Nightrain (Permanent)

Dust N Bones

Bad Apples

Civil War (Permanent)

Get In The Ring

So Fine

There's no contest.

On top of this:

Izzy started the damn band.

Izzy is the first to get sober, stays on in the hopes the rest of the guys will follow. Gets asked to go on salary (LOL). Now that they've finally gotten clean and sober and are all friends again, once again Izzy is the one who gets totally shafted.

Izzy is Axl's childhood friend.

Izzy showed up to every single show on time and ready to play.

Izzy has supported every single project any band member has put out, has guested with VR and has guested with Axl's GNR.

Duff gets wasted every day of the UYI tour. 

Duff trashes Axl all day long from 2004-2007.

Duff only becomes friends with Axl again 3 years ago.

How in god's name does it make any sense that Duff would make 4x as much as Izzy in a hypothetical full AFD reunion? Because he moves around the stage more? It's a huge disservice that people sit here all day and say "oh it's because he's mysterious" or "oh it's because he'd rather do his own thing". No chance!! This is all about the original 3 not paying him what he deserves.

I'm out, argue with yourself.   Izzy left the band.  Doesn't want to do it.  I'm sure he has his personal reasons, but everything you say you're making up.

So what if the guys drank shit loads and did drugs.  It's called rock n' roll, grandma.  It made it what it was and they always played throughout each gig.  There's no way they were as smashed as people make out...not a chance.  I get drunk and can't walk...they played to millions in stadiums for years.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, nathanhall said:

I'm out, argue with yourself.   Izzy left the band.  Doesn't want to do it.  I'm sure he has his personal reasons, but everything you say you're making up.

So what if the guys drank shit loads and did drugs.  It's called rock n' roll, grandma.  It made it what it was and they always played throughout each gig.  There's no way they were as smashed as people make out...not a chance.  I get drunk and can't walk...they played to millions in stadiums for years.  

Good point, had Slash just overdosed and died like a true rockstar when his heart stopped I wouldn't have to waste my time explaining this to you. Isn't even an argument, it's like a 40 year old explaining the birds and the bees to his 10 year old son. You're too young for this talk, we'll try again in a few years!

11 minutes ago, izzy92 said:

Good point, had Slash just overdosed and died like a true rockstar when his heart stopped I wouldn't have to waste my time explaining this to you. Isn't even an argument, it's like a 40 year old explaining the birds and the bees to his 10 year old son. You're too young for this talk, we'll try again in a few years!

Do you hate the  whole band? 

Why so angry?

Steven is not ready. Probably never will be. We've been told this and spun a line about his back. GNR are being respectful towards him as far as i can tell.

Izzy may at some point change his mind but even he said he was out the april shows. He's also taken some digs at GNR with his acoustic twitter performances. I doubt this helped the situation.

Lets enjoy what we have. A momentous reunion that no one thought possible except Axl.

Edited by Route66
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

You don't know that it's about money,nobody knows except Izzy. 

We can agree he wants to be involved based on his twitter posts right?

We can agree he's done guest spots with GNR for every tour right?

We can agree a stipulation of his was that Adler would play?

We see from multiple reports that Adler was supposed to play. Izzy denied involvement before Adler hurt himself but after Adler was on board, which leaves 3 possible outcomes for why he isn't playing.

1) He wanted original lineup only (makes no sense as he's played/guested with every lineup since 1985)

2) He wanted a full time spot and no Richard (makes no sense because of course Axl is going to play chidem songs which he'd have no interest in/ability to play)

3) He got lowballed while everyone else makes massive amounts of cash. Alternatively he wanted to be an additional spot alongside Richard. Either way they denied a full time slot and/or $ to a founder who wanted to return for fear of over splitting the pie.

1 minute ago, izzy92 said:

We can agree he wants to be involved based on his twitter posts right?

We can agree he's done guest spots with GNR for every tour right?

We can agree a stipulation of his was that Adler would play?

We see from multiple reports that Adler was supposed to play. Izzy denied involvement before Adler hurt himself but after Adler was on board, which leaves 3 possible outcomes for why he isn't playing.

1) He wanted original lineup only (makes no sense as he's played/guested with every lineup since 1985)

2) He wanted a full time spot and no Richard (makes no sense because of course Axl is going to play chidem songs which he'd have no interest in/ability to play)

3) He got lowballed while everyone else makes massive amounts of cash. Alternatively he wanted to be an additional spot alongside Richard. Either way they denied a full time slot and/or $ to a founder who wanted to return for fear of over splitting the pie.

I can't agree with what you are saying because I don't know the true facts,there are a lot of assumptions and opinions but not facts.

Izzy has said not at this time and a lot of cryptic tweets which can be perceived different ways by different people.

I do appreciate your passion for Izzy and I also hope he does join even though we don't know how long 'this' will last.