Izzy and steven

since canter confirmed the rumours about adlers back are true did'nt eddie money say he has spoken to adler and there is nothing wrong with him ?

from the AFD5 its only axl-adler that have not played together in the last 3 years, the other 3 have played with axl. slash,izzy,duff and adler have all played together 

2 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I'm holding out hope for these two guys based on the fact that the six APRIL shows were scheduled/booked under a signed contract with AXS/AEG.

A completely stand-alone and separate contract than the now announced summer Stadium Tour, which is being handled though Ticketmaster/Live Nation.

Izzy tweeted that he had "no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows."  For whatever reason, he wasn't involved in the money-aspect of the negotiated APRIL TOUR.

The STADIUM TOUR is a different ballgame altogether.  Are Steven and Izzy involved? I can only hope so.

I remain a dreamer.

That's actually a REALLY good point...  dang it.  Now my hopes are up yet AGAIN!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I'm holding out hope for these two guys based on the fact that the six APRIL shows were scheduled/booked under a signed contract with AXS/AEG.

A completely stand-alone and separate contract than the now announced summer Stadium Tour, which is being handled though Ticketmaster/Live Nation.

Izzy tweeted that he had "no involvement in the upcoming April 2016 GNR shows."  For whatever reason, he wasn't involved in the money-aspect of the negotiated APRIL TOUR.

The STADIUM TOUR is a different ballgame altogether.  Are Steven and Izzy involved? I can only hope so.

I remain a dreamer.

Whoa.....

Just when I thought I was out.......

pacino-300x162.jpg

• Like 1

On top of all that:

1. Richard posted a couple weeks back about rehearsing hard for "two months" to prepare for these shows. It's EXACTLY two months between Coachella and the Detroit show that kicks off the NITL Tour, which paves all sorts of roads for Steven (and hopefully Izzy) to rehearse for the shows (even if only for guest spots).
  2. Adler is STILL silent. Eddie Trunk said the guys in the band have a "gag order," and I can't help but think Adler is tied to it (which makes me wonder if Izzy is truly out).
  3. "NOT IN THIS LIFETIME" was the answer to the question, "Any chance of a reunion tour with the FULL LINEUP?" It was NOT a question about Axl and Slash. So if they want to use "Not in this Lifetime" as humor, it would indicate Steven and Izzy's involvement.  If not, the title seems like a dig at them.

My friend just transferred  his hotel room into my name today for the date of the show.. He is opting for Janes Addiction for $60 bucks instead the same night and said "If Izzy and Adler were there it would be different"

On April 19, 2016 at 3:26 PM, KURT19 said:

I remain a dreamer.

You make a good point. Let's hope you're right!

• Like 1

It's not like we all didn't secretly (or not so much) hope that maybe, maybe someday Axl and Slash will reconcile, however cruel the odds looked what with all the venom they spit about each other over the years. But here we are now, 20 years later, and those two (who had the biggest beef) are reunited, look friendly enough and the old stage chemistry is definitely there... I mean, we held onto a tiny glimmer of hope for long enough, I think it's not unnatural to hope that Izzy and Steven will also be part of this magical GN'R moment. Axl and Izzy go way back, and being part of Guns again (and maybe for the last glorious time) can probably keep Steven in line long enough to take his job seriously enough for Axl and company to allow him to live his dream. They all look pretty happy too, so that's also a factor.

Dammit, let me dream! :cry:

I feel like if Izzy and Steven had guest spots it'd really work against the band. It kind of needs to be all or nothing. It's bizzare to me Slash and Axl can make up and Izzy, his long time friend, is MIA.

Can you imagine the stadium response if Izzy comes out? Or Steven? Or both?! It'd blow the roof off the place... then how do you go from like 14 years, Rocket Queen and Patience with them, let's say, to alright welcome back Frank and Richard, hit it! .... sittin in a chinese stew....

AFD5 is a one way street, man. 

Edited by Ant
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ant said:

then how do you go from like 14 years, Rocket Queen and Patience with them, let's say, to alright welcome back Frank and Richard, hit it! .... sittin in a chinese stew....

AFD5 is a one way street, man. 

Two options (if Axl and even Duff/Slash want to not fire Richard and Frank)

1. Knock out all CD songs earlier in the set, then complete the show with the others.
  2. Let Adler drum on the CD songs. I can't imagine "This I Love" being all that difficult lol

As much as I agree with you here, I don't think they'll get past Izzy's flakiness and Steven's health to put ALL their concert eggs in that basket.  I predict Richard and Frank will remain a part of the show from here on out.

27 minutes ago, Ant said:

I feel like if Izzy and Steven had guest spots it'd really work against the band. It kind of needs to be all or nothing. It's bizzare to me Slash and Axl can make up and Izzy, his long time friend, is MIA.

Money and reliability. Those are the two big issues. Izzy probably wants a lot of money (can't blame him for this) while Axl/Slash/Duff want a stronger commitment from him. He has never completed a world tour, so you can't blame them for being a bit hesitant.

15 minutes ago, Chilliconcarne said:

I seriously doubt izzy will ever sign a gag order, no way!

While ever gag orders are about I doubt very much izzy will get involved. 

Maybe this is what the issue is, I can't imagine him signing that either. 

36 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Money and reliability. Those are the two big issues. Izzy probably wants a lot of money (can't blame him for this) while Axl/Slash/Duff want a stronger commitment from him. He has never completed a world tour, so you can't blame them for being a bit hesitant.

Axl, reliable? CD2 came out already? 1 album in 30 years... Axl showing up to rehearse? Axl putting out music?

Stop with this nonsense...

32 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

Axl, reliable? CD2 came out already? 1 album in 30 years... Axl showing up to rehearse? Axl putting out music?

Stop with this nonsense...

More reliable when it comes to touring, which is where the money is. If Izzy wants the big money, I would bet the other three (including Duff and Slash, NOT JUST Axl) would require him to commit to a full tour.

3 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

More reliable when it comes to touring, which is where the money is. If Izzy wants the big money, I would bet the other three (including Duff and Slash, NOT JUST Axl) would require him to commit to a full tour.

Not showing up for two shows during the CD show and causing riots.... Canceling a whole tour because "he didn't know about it" lol

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not showing up for two shows during the CD show and causing riots.... Canceling a whole tour because "he didn't know about it" lol

And what has Izzy done as far as touring in the last 20 years? If he is demanding huge money, then you cannot blame the other three for being hesitant. Izzy is a gypsy and doesn't like to be tied down by any obligations.

Just now, GNRfan2008 said:

And what has Izzy done as far as touring in the last 20 years? If he is demanding huge money, then you cannot blame the other three for being hesitant. Izzy is a gypsy and doesn't like to be tied down by any obligations.

If he is demanding big money, you just pay him after. I was just saying that calling Axl reliable is a bit of a stretch.

• Like 1

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

If he is demanding big money, you just pay him after. I was just saying that calling Axl reliable is a bit of a stretch.

I know it sounds crazy given Axl's antics, but he has been more reliable than Izzy in that regard. And the fact is only one of them quit on the band at the height of their fame. There are consequences that go with this decision. It was likely a good decision for him personally to get away from all the chaos (Axl antics) and substance abuse (Duff/Slash/Matt), but it does come with consequences on the business end of things.