Can Dave Grohl drum on the new album, please?

Sure Kurt would roll over in his grave, but the Foo Fighters are on break and we all know the drum gig in GNR is essentially a session deal. Why not get one of the best in the biz?

If I were the petition making sort this is one I would do. Realistic? No, but after seeing Axl show up on time and perform Coma sitting in Dave Grohl's literal throne, I wouldn't rule anything out anymore.

• Like 1

I wouldnt call it a "session deal"..he has been drumming for 10 years now. At this point I dont think Frank is going to leave, why would he? Best gig ever playing with the old guns guys. The only hope I have is if he might step aside for Steven when he wants in, but thats also up to axl and slash and duff if they consider him reliable enough. Its a sucky situation, Frank doesnt have the right feel for a lot of songs and its irritating

4 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

I wouldnt call it a "session deal"..he has been drumming for 10 years now. At this point I dont think Frank is going to leave, why would he?

The only hope I have is if he might step aside for Steven when he wants in, but thats also up to axl and slash and duff if they consider him reliable enough. 

This

Yes please. I actually attended to the show were Grohl broke HIS leg. He's a fucking hero and one of the most talented rock musicians out there today, imho. Not that I mind Frank actually, he's good enough, but he lacks any real 'rock persona' that I like to see out of a true GnR member!

Btw, I had an account here back in the days, looking for leaks before ChiDem and so on. After the album I kinda lost interest quite a lot. But I continued on as a lurker for several years, but as the reunion drew closer I felt more and more drawn into it again, and damn right, this last two weeks I've been glued in front of a screen to follow any updates, the Troubour show, watching streams from the Vegas shows and I must say, I'm happy as fuck. :P It's all just awsome and the band sounds great!

Some new music and (and an european tour, I'm swedish) and all is gooood! Cheeers!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TeeJay410 said:

Sure Kurt would roll over in his grave, but the Foo Fighters are on break and we all know the drum gig in GNR is essentially a session deal. Why not get one of the best in the biz?

If I were the petition making sort this is one I would do. Realistic? No, but after seeing Axl show up on time and perform Coma sitting in Dave Grohl's literal throne, I wouldn't rule anything out anymore.

I wouldn't be so sure.  Axl mellowed out a ton over the years.  Grohl seems to have as well.  Beyond him tauntingly calling out to Axl at the MTV VMAs back in the early 90s, I thought there was some bad blood between Grohl and Axl over the years.  That seems to be gone now.  Maybe Kurt, after all this time, wouldn't really care at all