Axl would sound even better if he would take the songs a few steps down

58 minutes ago, aleyavu said:

Are you really talking and discussing about how one of the best singer/vocalist of all time should sing??? Dont you want to discuss about how Picasso should paint too?

Axl sounds like shit, people can claim he sounds amazing all you want but he doesn't sound good at all.  Its cringe worthy most of the time.  Grr fans on this board are still so delusional i see. Nothing has changed. 

8 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Axl sounds like shit, people can claim he sounds amazing all you want but he doesn't sound good at all.  Its cringe worthy most of the time.  Grr fans on this board are still so delusional i see. Nothing has changed. 

Axl sounds as much as he could, take it or leave it. Its also delusional see a lot of funs saying (from their pc chair) how Axl should sing, how Slash should play, etc... Perhaps you should go on stage to replace him and show us your talent.

12 hours ago, aleyavu said:

Are you really talking and discussing about how one of the best singer/vocalist of all time should sing??? Dont you want to discuss about how Picasso should paint too?

Are you serious? Are you implying that people shouldn't give opinions on how they think someone could improve the way they do something?

11 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Were you there?  Or are you basing this off muddled and shitty cell phone captured YouTube clips?  Just curious.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Were you there?  Or are you basing this off muddled and shitty cell phone captured YouTube clips?  Just curious.

Which show did you go to? As awesome as the show was Friday, I didn't think he sounded that good but it didn't matter.  He stepped it up big time Saturday though.

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Which show did you go to? As awesome as the show was Friday, I didn't think he sounded that good but it didn't matter.  He stepped it up big time Saturday though.

Both and I do agree his voice was much better Saturday compared to Friday.  But Friday still wasn't a disaster, just better Saturday.

• Like 1

Axl is really singing good at the moment. Even great. He will get better, and by the looks of it, he is currently very healthy and will drop a pound a week in the future.

Hence, he will get even better and better.

He has already proven that he is really into it this time. He means business.

1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Both and I do agree his voice was much better Saturday compared to Friday.  But Friday still wasn't a disaster, just better Saturday.

Definitely not a disaster Friday but I didn't think he sounded very good... Depends on peoples standards. It was still a great show regardless. I left thinking that the show was great for so many different reasons but Axl's voice wasn't one of them. The highlight for me was seeing Slash playing all those solos he hasn't played in so long.. I was delighted when I got home and started watching the videos from Saturday's show though. No complaints there. Hopefully he can stay more consistent going forward.

32 minutes ago, tbaugerud said:

he is currently very healthy and will drop a pound a week in the future.

No fault of his own but that may be tough with a broken leg.

what I meant when Axl should take it a few steps down, I just meant the voice he is singing in, you don't have to tune the songs down.  Axl just needs to sing more in his natural voice which he sounds good in. And stop using his falsetto which is when his voice sounds bad and super thin.  

12 minutes ago, NachoLZ said:

Why are they playing YCBM, Jungle, PC and SCOM so fast?

I have read somewhere that Eddie Vedder has sped up PJ songs live as a technique for saving his voice. I wonder if Axl's doing the same?  Don't even know if it makes sense btw

The broken foot concerns me a bit, as I've been through that and have put on quite a bit of weight.

Imo Axl sounded awesome saturday, and to have him like this at the very beggining of a tour means we might get 2006 voice during the tour. The way he is singing songs like WTTJ, Nightrain, November Rain, putting the rasp o PC and on the KOHD sing along parts. Few people remember, but if you go back to the 2006 he singed YCBM and RQ with a clean voice on many of those.

I reckon that, unless he gets ill for some reason, he will sound fantastic at Coachella. The thing is, from Coachella to Detroit, there is a 2 month gap, that will be partially faced by an Axl in recovery from a broken foot. Even though he has surprised me thus far, I wonder if, with the initial excitement and strong first impression out of the way, he will sustain the work ethic to keep building over his already nice improvements.

Not shitting on him or anything, I'm am really thankful and happy with what he brought so far, it's just that 2011-2015 shows that those 2 months, specially with an injury, are more than enough time to derail things unless mindsets are very determined. 

2 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

what I meant when Axl should take it a few steps down, I just meant the voice he is singing in, you don't have to tune the songs down.  Axl just needs to sing more in his natural voice which he sounds good in. And stop using his falsetto which is when his voice sounds bad and super thin.  

Uh, no. You can't take the singing a few steps down and keep the music in the key it is, you know? That would sound horrible for real. 

Edited by john lennon

1 hour ago, john lennon said:

Uh, no. You can't take the singing a few steps down and keep the music in the key it is, you know? That would sound horrible for real. 

Of course you can it would sound fine.  People play GNR songs all the time and don't have the same range as Axl.  

9 hours ago, gnfnr2k said:

Of course you can it would sound fine.  People play GNR songs all the time and don't have the same range as Axl.  

Do you know anything about music at all? You can't change the key someone sings in but keep playing the song in the same key it originally was in. I mean, have you ever tried playing a song in say E and sing in C? It's granted to sound horrible. 

5 minutes ago, john lennon said:

Do you know anything about music at all? You can't change the key someone sings in but keep playing the song in the same key it originally was in. I mean, have you ever tried playing a song in say E and sing in C? It's granted to sound horrible. 

I guess he means dropping it down to a lower E. Anyway, it would sound very different.

10 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I guess he means dropping it down to a lower E. Anyway, it would sound very different.

So "a few steps" means an entire octave then? I guess theoretically that could work, but it would, like you're saying, sound very different. 

1 minute ago, john lennon said:

So "a few steps" means an entire octave then? I guess theoretically that could work, but it would, like you're saying, sound very different. 

Yeah, I suppose that is what he meant. With Axl's range he could easily do this for many songs, but the songs' character would change drastically. It would be more crooning and less wailing.