Coma: Slash and Axl's masterpiece?

Yes!! It's hard to say that though when they have so many other songs that are great for different reasons. Coma though is an sbsolute monster and I love it. 

I'm so happy they've bought it to a 2016 audience. It's almost like they have legitimised how awesome it is.

I am thrilled to see Coma and Estranged on the setlist.  Estranged was played quite a bit on the UYI tour, but I am glad it is in here again.  Coma is a rare one and I will be excited to see a song played that I did not see in my previous 3 GNR concerts from the 90's.

It may be a stretch to call it Their masterpiece.

But Slash was always very proud of that song..He mentioned it when there was that retrospective on the UYI albums a few years back for its 20th Anniversary. 

I wonder how long its gonna remain in the setlist though. Its super demanding on Axl to sing that song. He was straining Saturday to finish it towards the end..I'd be shocked if it remains in the setlist for the summer tour. Those who attended Vegas are fucking lucky they got to see this one played live twice. It's one of those songs I had always wanted to see Live. If it does dissapear from the Setlist for a while, I hope it makes a return at the San Diego show for the finale to the tour which I'll hopefully catch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NicDwolfwood said:

It may be a stretch to call it Their masterpiece.

But Slash was always very proud of that song..He mentioned it when there was that retrospective on the UYI albums a few years back for its 20th Anniversary. 

I wonder how long its gonna remain in the setlist though. Its super demanding on Axl to sing that song. He was straining Saturday to finish it towards the end..I'd be shocked if it remains in the setlist for the summer tour. Those who attended Vegas are fucking lucky they got to see this one played live twice. It's one of those songs I had always wanted to see Live. If it does dissapear from the Setlist for a while, I hope it makes a return at the San Diego show for the finale to the tour which I'll hopefully catch.

Well Axl better keep getting into shape vocally and physically like he has been doing then so that he can push himself. 

• Like 1

So glad this was added to the set list. First Estranged, Civil War, now Coma...can we have Breakdown/Locomotive now? Please? :P

But yeah, I think this song is definitely Axl and Slash's masterpiece and therefore was a perfect song to add to the setlist to add to this reunion. I think this and DTJ are songs Slash enjoys playing, and it's kind of like Axl's courtesy to Slash in return for him playing CD songs. It represent's Axl's songwriting skills at his best, Slash's guitar work at it's wildest and most creative, and even has really kickass bass lines from Duff. Such an awesome song that represents everything great about classic Guns n' Roses.

It's a "cinematic epic" like Estranged or something, but it's also heavy as fuck. It's the best GN'R song about self-pity. I hadn't even heard it in like 2 years until I randomly turned on a Las Vegas stream and they were in the middle of the quiet part. That was a weird feeling witnessing that live

One of my favorite songs of all time. Also the darkest song in their catalog. There are no words to describe how pleased I am that they included this in the recent setlists.

My first CD copy of UYI1 started skipping during this track after hundreds, maybe even thousands of plays because I'd repeat that song more than others. Then when I got ahold of the Live Era bonus track version, holy shiiit. I played that over and over. I still wanna know what kind of vocal effect was on his voice there. Some kind of compression? Or even stereo flanger? You can even hear it during his talk before the song. 

2 minutes ago, -Jaro- said:

I always thought that Coma should get epic Video - because song itself is material for extravagant Axl video :D

It has a dark story, GNR lenght - it would be heavy video hit in 90s for sure...

Even just a kick ass visual lyric video would be cool.

Just like Estranged, Coma is Axl's song describing emotions and thoughts of him in that period.

The last 3 minutes are EPIC. With one breath..!

One of my favorites including Locomotive. These two are hidden and forgotten diamonds that people seem to forget.

1 minute ago, Judezki said:

Epic song, and that ending is breathtaking, that's why it's so difficult song to sing live but Axl's doing great job.

Next week he/they have 4 gigs and I'm just curious if it stays on setlist whole time...