THEORY: Better, Chinese Democracy, This I Love NEW BEST OF INCL.

Thought this for a while... Yes we have heard rumblings of new Best Of with a coupla new trax, my idea for a bit has been What If those 'New' trax are CD era songs with Slash N' Duff contributions??

Makes sense to me now with that mad new Better intro and input by those two legends on the CD era stuff :) Sure not 'new songs' per se, but hey great new Slash n Duff versions??

What do you awesome peeps reckon?? Oh n yeah first time post, lurker since 2011 ;)

PLUS we had rumors of Slash n Duff in the studio for a short while ;) maybe re-touching those very tracks???

Edited by tim10101
Maybe new GNR after all ;)
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

I think calling "Chinese Democracy" and "This I Love" the best that the Chinese Democracy album had to offer is an insult to that album.

CD is The most known song and this i love and better is The most popular 

Edited by jettesnel

I think it's not gonna go beyond just a live thing for Chinese Slash. It does feel like Slash will have no problem adding his ideas and leads to the CD ll material or at least some of it.

There Was A Time, Catcher, and I.R.S the most interesting to hear live from Chinese that we haven't heard with Slash imo.

Edited by Rovim

Well Chinese and Better were singles from CD and they were a live staple since 2009, so it makes sense to include them on a new Best of. That Greatest Hits release form 2004 or so is quite lackluster, it's way overdue to put out an upadated version. Add a better tracklist, cool artwork and a track like Atlas Shrugged and you have an instant best seller.

I wouldn't let TIL anywhere near a "Best Of" album, it's not even one of the best tracks of ChiDem

Make the top 3 from the album Better, Street of Dreams & There Was a Time, then we're talkin'

• Like 2

The theory might be correct, cause these songs are definately a best of CD. But a new greatest hits would be a a disappointment. I would prefer a new album, CD 2+3 or even a triple album all at once (3 different CDs) - in my opinion its the only way to top UYI 1+2. or a s&m metallica type album. 

24 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd be totally fine with GN'R 2016 versions of those songs being included on a Best Of.

Yep.  Would be totally down for this.  Also, hearing Slash re-tool some of the Chinese songs so successfully live makes me stoked about the idea of him getting his hands on the CD2 tracks.  Would definitely bring them to the the next level.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

These tracks don't need to be change at all. Chinese, Better, TWAT and This I Love are already perfect as they are in Chinese Democracy. In my opinion, Fortus and Slash solos are a step down to what Robin and Buckethead were doing with those songs.

this.

9 hours ago, tim10101 said:

Thought this for a while... Yes we have heard rumblings of new Best Of with a coupla new trax, my idea for a bit has been What If those 'New' trax are CD era songs with Slash N' Duff contributions??

Makes sense to me now with that mad new Better intro and input by those two legends on the CD era stuff :) Sure not 'new songs' per se, but hey great new Slash n Duff versions??

What do you awesome peeps reckon?? Oh n yeah first time post, lurker since 2011 ;)

PLUS we had rumors of Slash n Duff in the studio for a short while ;) maybe re-touching those very tracks???

That would be lame AF. 

Who gives a crap about greatest hits albums. Everybody on the forums  - aka diehard fans - already own EVERY GnR song.  Why do we need an album that has songs on it that we already own?

Greatest hits are cash grabs. A band with five studio albums in 30 years should release a NEW album. Not greatest hits or remixes. That is just idiotic and a slap in the face to their fans. 

• Like 1

Any new compilation album is a cop out, IMO.

Firstly because nobody buys physical albums anymore, so really it's just a page on Spotify with the tracks rearranged, and secondly because they have such a lack of material for such a classic band (yeah I'm sure it'd sell 100k physical copies the first week or something -- what's the point).

Either do this tour and end it, or become fucking vital again and make a record. A Best Of would suck.

Edited by Ant
  • Like 1

Honestly, I think it'd be disrespectful to the people who wrote and recorded CD songs so re-release them redone by Slash and Duff. It's not like they're just demos, they were finished and released, leave them as is. 

I do think we'll get some sort of greatest hits package though, even if it's something just thrown together on the cheap to capitalize on the nostalgia.