CD 2 or new album?

3 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

And if, by chance, the band puts out new music, how will we know the difference between CD era songs and newly written songs?

The level of production, the solos, the lyrics, the style, ... They might do makeovers of CD era songs but it shouldn't be that hard to spot.

Hmm, my guess is we're gonna see a live set first, including the songs covered from Chinese Democracy.

I wouldn't mind some bonus remixed tracks from CD, but these need to be the one played live now, with Duff & Slash replaced the other guitar players parts. But it won't happen. They will be off to new after the live set is released.

CD will be seen over the years as a transition album, which it was.

Edited by SidneyWish

32 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

both please!

cd2 with buckethead et al

appetite 2 with new songs by combi-guns

Appetite 2? Nah man, they're men in their fifties and it's not 1987 anymore. Whatever they do, they should not make another appetite. I mean, I love it, but truth be told it sounded dated already when uyi came out. 

I'm thinking we'll might get a CD Version 2 (as the current version is labeled 'Version 1' on Spotify for example), with some added tracks. Could be previously unreleased material from the <'93 era, live tracks from the current tour/shows, or new material with the current band members (including Slash/Duff obviously).

There wasn't even a CDII before the "reunion," there's definitely not going to be one after (yeah we had what? 3 partial leaks of songs, 4 song titles, and an alleged vault of music in Axl's basement?). If they do a new album, I'd hope (and bet) Slash, Duff, and Richard will do most of the music writing. Axl may bring in lyrics he's had for while, and Fortus may bring in a riff or two he's had in his arsenal. It's possible that some of Richard's stuff (if he contributes to original music and GNR does a new album) would be from what would have been CDII, but I can't see it having any more than a minor impact on the overall sound of the album.

Slash does not want to write the industrial modern weirdo rock that Axl has promoted since the late 90's. That's a big reason why Slash left, he's a hard rock guitar player, and that hasn't changed. Maybe Axl has changed his mind, or they've shelved the discussion to when (if) they cross the bridge of writing an album.

I have a feeling the agreement so far is "let's do a solid tour, and see how things go." Either way, as it always goes with GNR, we can do nothing more than speculate and guess (and argue :lol:) until we have official news.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, john lennon said:

Appetite 2? Nah man, they're men in their fifties and it's not 1987 anymore. Whatever they do, they should not make another appetite. I mean, I love it, but truth be told it sounded dated already when uyi came out. 

I completely agree. What made Appetite so great was its real. Trying to make an album for some one else and not your self is a bad idea. Guns is an ever evolving band and I can't wait to see what's next! To the future!!

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:32 AM, john lennon said:

I don't literally mean Appetite 2. I'm not expecting 80's sleaze rock.

what i mean is a good, simple, rock album. Like Slash's recent solo efforts (but better). Without the pomp that went into CD.

8 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

I don't literally mean Appetite 2. I'm not expecting 80's sleaze rock.

what i mean is a good, simple, rock album. Like Slash's recent solo efforts (but better). Without the pomp that went into CD.

So in other words an album that Axl hasn't tinkered with for a decade? I like the idea.

Like @Schwarzgold said, why not both? 

But if we can't have both I'd prefer a new album. Second choice would be a mix of left over CD material and left over Slash material.  Third choice would be a full album of CD material but only if it's with Slash and Duff playing on it. I really have zero interest in CD part 2 as is. If it even exists. 

CD 2 doesn't really exist.  Sure, there may be a dozen or more songs out there but how many of them would actually make the cut?  There's a reason they weren't on CD.  CD wasn't that long of an album and could have easily fit another song, maybe two.

Best case scanrio, imo is they pick the best 4-5'would be' CD 2 songs, have Slash and Duff go to work on them....and then have Slash and Duff bring in what they have...get Axl on those 4-5 songs and come up with another 2-3 brand new songs, that would reflect on where they are now in their lives. 

• Like 1

On Monday, April 18, 2016 at 6:18 AM, janrichmond said:

I don't think there will be new music,I honestly believe this is a goodbye tour.They may release a live' Not in this lifetime '  album but I don't see how even Slash and Duff could change Axls whole work ethic in regards to recording.IMO.

This.Tour seems like a big payday for the boys and then they're out.Could of easily used the 2 months off between Cochella and the start of summer tour to work on new music get tighter as a band instead Axl will be out in front of ACDC .Not really optimistic in regards to any new music.They've put 4 full length albums of original material in 30 years (well at least Axl)

On ‎4‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 7:02 AM, starlight said:

it would be ideal if they made a type of album like UYI but  with less studio work

I'd like to see them go longer in the studio than any band in the history of all recorded music.

34 minutes ago, gt72 said:

This.Tour seems like a big payday for the boys and then they're out.Could of easily used the 2 months off between Cochella and the start of summer tour to work on new music get tighter as a band instead Axl will be out in front of ACDC .Not really optimistic in regards to any new music.They've put 4 full length albums of original material in 30 years (well at least Axl)

4? If you really think about It ( overall length of the albums, unreleased material, outtakes, etc I[d venture to say there is somewhere around 10 albums worth of quality material recorded under the GNR moniker.